Windows 10: Virtual desktop is broken and bug ridden after update 1803

Discus and support Virtual desktop is broken and bug ridden after update 1803 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After updating to 1803 the virtual desktop feature has been changed to a different design and is now bug ridden and optimised, is there anything that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SebKnight, Dec 11, 2018.

1. SebKnight Win User

Virtual desktop is broken and bug ridden after update 1803

After updating to 1803 the virtual desktop feature has been changed to a different design and is now bug ridden and optimised, is there anything that is being done about this or a possible way to revert back to the old design which actually worked.

Thanks.

:)

SebKnight, Dec 11, 2018
  2. sirBait Win User

Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, Dec 11, 2018
  3. HDMR Win User
    Major Taskbar/Virtual Desktop Bug

I have given up on Microsoft fixing this issue, clearly a major problem for anyone who uses the virtual desktop feature (obviously the folks at MS don't).

Fortunately, there is a fix for this. Look for "taskbar tweaker". It's free. Once installed, right click on the tray icon and select advanced options. Scroll down the list and look for "virtual desktop order fix" and change that to 1.

This fixes the issues of taskbar icons moving when switching between desktops!

4. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Virtual desktop is broken and bug ridden after update 1803 - Similar Threads - Virtual desktop broken

2. Broken Virtual keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken Virtual keyboard: Good day, since yesterday I'm observing high CPU usage after logon. After looking into process explorer I'm finding it's caused by the TextInputHost.exe process instantly restarting in infinite loop. In event viewer I'm finding hundreds of same error entries for this process-...
  3. Broken Virtual keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken Virtual keyboard: Good day, since yesterday I'm observing high CPU usage after logon. After looking into process explorer I'm finding it's caused by the TextInputHost.exe process instantly restarting in infinite loop. In event viewer I'm finding hundreds of same error entries for this process-...
  4. Virtual touchpad bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual touchpad bug: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ITACHI_ClanUchiha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yqm985/virtual_touchpad_bug/
  5. virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug: I use 2 monitors at work, everything works perfectly. At home, I want to get away from using two monitors, towards the virtual desktops built into Windows 11. But I can not solve the problem critical for me:When using two monitors:You can make a control panel separately for...
  6. virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug: I use 2 monitors at work, everything works perfectly. At home, I want to get away from using two monitors, towards the virtual desktops built into Windows 11. But I can not solve the problem critical for me:When using two monitors:You can make a control panel separately for...
  7. Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.: One of the PCs has the remote desktop enabled to connect from the other. The problem that arose is that now I cannot connect by typing the name of the computer, just by its IP. I have two Windows 10 Pro computers that I upgraded to the 1803 version. Help....
  8. Add Desktop shortcut to Start Menu (Broken in Rev 1803)

Add Desktop shortcut to Start Menu (Broken in Rev 1803): The previous technique used to add shortcuts from the desktop to Start involved adding shortcuts to C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. This used to cause these shortcuts to appear in the start menu (perhaps under recently add items)...
  9. Windows Desktop Crushes after Windows 1803 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Desktop Crushes after Windows 1803 update: Yesterday I performed a windows 10 1803 update . Today when I went to open my pc it wrote me "Location is not available C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible Access is denied I hit ok and the the recycle bin shows up . Although the screen...
  10. Desktop icons alignment bug after Creators Update

Desktop icons alignment bug after Creators Update: Since Creators Update installation, I've this bug with Windows 10.When I drag icons on the left side of the screen, sometimes, icons don't move.It happens mostly when the area is "flooded" with icons. When it's pretty empty, seems to work fine.And, sometimes, icon position...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 virtual desktop bug

2. virtual desktop broken in windows 10 1803