Windows 10: Virtual desktop missing

Discus and support Virtual desktop missing in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hey guys, So my "new desktop" button is missing even when task view is disabled. Please help me to resolve this issue as i wasn't able to even figure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by G4LL3N, Aug 15, 2019.

1. G4LL3N Win User

Virtual desktop missing

Hey guys,
    So my "new desktop" button is missing even when task view is disabled.
    Please help me to resolve this issue as i wasn't able to even figure out any other ideas on google.

https://i.imgur.com/A1ShRRE.png
    Here's out it looks
    thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

What a weird bug.
    Apparently clicking Windows Key + Ctrl + D created a new desktop and then the button appeared.

:)

G4LL3N, Aug 15, 2019

2. Virtual desktop missing with windows 10 build 11082

"My Virtual Desktop Icon was missing and after reading the above solution I right clicked on the task bar and then the Show Task View Icon in the drop down list and now I can see the Virtual Desktop Icon.

#SamDavidson#, Aug 15, 2019
  3. sirBait Win User
    Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Virtual desktop missing

Virtual Desktops Windows 10?

Hi Lucas,

Modifying the settings of a virtual desktop requires complex steps. Because of this, we might need to refer you to our Microsoft TechNet forums for further assistance. For us to direct you to the correct forum category, we would need the answers to the following:

• Are you using a Windows Server?
    • Is your device connected to a domain network?
    • What virtual desktop are you using?

If you are using Hyper-V, you can use this article published
    by Andre Da Costa as your reference on how to use Windows 10's built in Hyper-V for creating Virtual Machines.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Virtual desktop missing

1. Virtual desktop missing - Similar Threads - Virtual desktop missing

2. Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Desktops: Hi there, With the new windows update, I am unable to create new virtual desktops using keyboard shortcuts and task view, as well as being unable to switch between them. Would like a fix, please....
  3. virtual desktop

virtual desktop: hello im trying to tern off virtual desktop when i miss click the win key and tap i did try regedit to disable it and i did try Gpedit.msc i heat this virtual desktop and i need help even if u can help me deleted i will appreciated...
  4. virtual desktops

virtual desktops: I want to use a virtual desktop for some of my apps that I currently have on my main desktop. I do not know how to move the apps from the main desktop to the virtual one. Please help....
  5. Virtual desktop missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual desktop missing: Hey guys, So my "new desktop" button is missing even when task view is disabled. Please help me to resolve this issue as i wasn't able to even figure out any other ideas on google. https://i.imgur.com/A1ShRRE.png Here's out it looks thanks! 138507
  6. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: I just created a second virtual desktop, but all I get out of it is a mirror image of the original desktop. Whatever I do on one shows up on the other. How can I make the desktops independent of each other? Thanks, Bill...
  7. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: I have created more than 13 000 virtual desktops (don't ask how and why, because I can), and my computer works slow. How can I close all this desktops in one click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-desktops/6b930387-6d82-4d5b-8580-1e84356b20c1
  8. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: Right now, if I have three virtual desktops created, and I open Sticky Notes in VD 1 and then if I open Sticky Notes in VD 2, I sends me back to VD 1. This issue is very annoying and is making it very hard to used virtual desktops. Please Help!...
  9. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: When I open an App, i.e. Excel, on one Virtual Desktop and then try and open an excel doc. from file explorer on a second virtual desktop the doc opens up and switches views to the original virtual desktop making using virtual desktops frustrating and time consuming. Is...
  10. virtual desktop icon missing in W10

in Windows 10 Support
    virtual desktop icon missing in W10: Hello, my virtual desktop icon missing in W10 please see screen shot attached. I can get desktops using Windows/Tab [img] 18525