Windows 10: virtual desktop question

Discus and support virtual desktop question in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi all, I just got a new Dell SPX 15 with Win 10. I'm liking it so far, but when one thing bothers me and I can't figure out how to turn it off. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by muttz10, Dec 3, 2017.

1. muttz10 Win User

virtual desktop question

Hi all,
    I just got a new Dell SPX 15 with Win 10. I'm liking it so far, but when one thing bothers me and I can't figure out how to turn it off. When I have any window open on my desktop and I grab it by the title bar to move the window a little "virtual desktop" appears next to my cursor, It's divided up into six different grids. If my cursor should happen into one of those grids and I let off the mouse the window snaps to that part of the screen. I'd love to be able to turn this off but can't figure out how. I've attached a pic in case I wasn't clear in my description. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful.
    Thanks

virtual desktop question [​IMG]

:)

muttz10, Dec 3, 2017

2. Virtual Desktop question

Hello,

There is no such feature right now, but that's a great thing to put into the Feedback app. In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring
      when you’re done.
    • Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you have submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like URL Manager<unique link>).

As always, your input will be highly appreciated.

Anthony Gal, Dec 3, 2017
  3. Virtual Desktop question

Is there any news the possibility of being able to rename virtual desktops? It seems like a simple request. Is there ANY way at all to do it? (ie: current or upcoming updates, third party apps...ANYTHING???)

FromMyAshes, Dec 3, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

virtual desktop question

That is not a native Windows feature or tool. I got one similar tool when installing drivers for an external display, in your case you should search for that feature in the Dell's pre-installed OEM software.

Searching this I found following piece of advice in a few seconds at New XPS15 - how to turn off awful window snap menu - Windows 10 - Software Operating Systems - Dell Community

Kari, Dec 4, 2017
  5. muttz10 Win User
    Yay! Finally got rid of that cursed thing. Sorry for posting in the wrong section. My first time here, Looks like I found the right place. Thanks so much for your help!!

muttz10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

virtual desktop question

1. virtual desktop question - Similar Threads - virtual desktop question

2. Virtual Machine question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual Machine question: On Win 10 Pro, can Virtual Machine run an embedded version of Windows XP Pro as you could on Win 7 Pro? If so, HOW?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine-question/ac7a00c6-6adb-4469-8496-f686043bca63
  3. Virtual hotspot question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual hotspot question: I want to create a virtual hotspot from my PC to my devices, but is there a way to leave the hotspot on while my PC is on sleep so that I can use my devices without my computer being on and so I can still use the connection? submitted by /u/Kinder_Benno [link] [comments]...
  4. Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Desktops: Hi there, With the new windows update, I am unable to create new virtual desktops using keyboard shortcuts and task view, as well as being unable to switch between them. Would like a fix, please....
  5. virtual desktop

virtual desktop: hello im trying to tern off virtual desktop when i miss click the win key and tap i did try regedit to disable it and i did try Gpedit.msc i heat this virtual desktop and i need help even if u can help me deleted i will appreciated...
  6. Virtual desktop questions.

Virtual desktop questions.: Hi all, I'm an (non-software) engineer. I keep most of my work in self-contained project folders. I try to keep everything related to a particular design project in one place. If I will be using files from my library or previous projects, I add shortcuts to those files. Is...
  7. [QUESTION] Virtual desktop behaviour like OSX

[QUESTION] Virtual desktop behaviour like OSX: Hi all. First post, be gentle. I'm looking for a way to use the Virtual Desktops the same way I used to use "Spaces" in OS X. If you've used it, you'll know what I'm talking about but I'll explain: In Mac OS X, it's possible to have as many virtual desktops as you want...
  8. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: Right now, if I have three virtual desktops created, and I open Sticky Notes in VD 1 and then if I open Sticky Notes in VD 2, I sends me back to VD 1. This issue is very annoying and is making it very hard to used virtual desktops. Please Help!...
  9. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: When I open an App, i.e. Excel, on one Virtual Desktop and then try and open an excel doc. from file explorer on a second virtual desktop the doc opens up and switches views to the original virtual desktop making using virtual desktops frustrating and time consuming. Is...
  10. Virtual Machine Question

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Machine Question: Hi Everyone, To be honest.. I've never really used the VM Player software before. I'm trying to run a virtual machine on my Windows 10 Professional 64-bit desktop. Of course I have already installed the latest version of the VM Player software, and I downloaded the latest...