Windows 10: Virtual desktop switch

Discus and support Virtual desktop switch in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10, laptop. Sometimes when I log onto my PC, the virtual desktop switches to the furthest on the right. I haven't seen anyone having the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/grzesiu447, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Virtual desktop switch

Windows 10, laptop. Sometimes when I log onto my PC, the virtual desktop switches to the furthest on the right. I haven't seen anyone having the same problem, and it's bothering me.

submitted by /u/grzesiu447
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/grzesiu447, Oct 31, 2019

2. Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809

After upgrading to v1809 I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On. Since then the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable to crate it automatically as it would normally. I can see the Default Switch appear for a few seconds in the Network Adapters, then its gone. This happens several time whenever I launch the Virtual Switch Manager.

I can create other virtual switches.
    Once the Virtual Switch Manager lists the Default Switch with a Load Failed message.

I have used netcfg -d command and Turned Hyper-V feature Off/On several times with no success.

Suggestions welcome. Virtual desktop switch :) Thanks

jareinertson, Oct 31, 2019
  3. sirBait Win User
    Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Virtual desktop switch

Virtual desktop switch

Ctrl + *Start + D adds a 'Virtual Desktop'
    Ctrl + *Start + F4 deletes a desktop
    Ctrl + *Start + forward or back arrows switches desktops.

Edwin, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Virtual desktop switch

1. Virtual desktop switch - Similar Threads - Virtual desktop switch

2. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  3. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  4. Virtual desktop switching shortcut remapping.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual desktop switching shortcut remapping.: I remapped ctrl + win + left/right to alt + left/right key using powertoys keyboard manager but the window focus does not work for the new shortcut, is there any way to solve this problem?...
  5. Virtual desktop switching shortcut remapping.

Virtual desktop switching shortcut remapping.: I remapped ctrl + win + left/right to alt + left/right key using powertoys keyboard manager but the window focus does not work for the new shortcut, is there any way to solve this problem?...
  6. App blocks switching virtual desktops

App blocks switching virtual desktops: I´ve started using virtual desktops to gain some order in workung 5 projects at the same time. As it is impossible in Windows 11 to ungroup symbols in the task bar ans see any file or folder names without any action this is inho the only way to work efficiently. I am not...
  7. App blocks switching virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App blocks switching virtual desktops: I´ve started using virtual desktops to gain some order in workung 5 projects at the same time. As it is impossible in Windows 11 to ungroup symbols in the task bar ans see any file or folder names without any action this is inho the only way to work efficiently. I am not...
  8. Virtual desktops: weird switching behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual desktops: weird switching behavior: Wondering if anyone else has this problem...sometimes I will open a new instance of an already-open app, and Windows will force a switch over to the VD where the app is already open before initiating the new instance. This isn't just limited to tabbed apps, either. For...
  9. Quick switch between virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick switch between virtual desktops: There has to be a shortcut for quickly switching between desktops. I have used 3 rd party applications but they're just not stable enough. I can see why this has been a problem for the developers. Considering there can be any number of virtual desktops coming up with a...
  10. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual desktop switch: win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/ do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ??? (win+tab+1 .... did not worked) alt+tab -...