Windows 10: Virtual desktop switch

Discus and support Virtual desktop switch in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/ do you know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by kjub, Jul 16, 2015.

1. kjub Win User

Virtual desktop switch

win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/

do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ???
    (win+tab+1 .... did not worked)

alt+tab - switch dialogue between desktop apps or between all apps (is not the solution)

any other shortcuts ? in this department ?

thx

:)

2. abeta201 Win User

Windows 10 Virtual Desktops in Tablet Mode

Is there any way to keep virtual desktops when I switch to tablet mode on my Surface Pro 3? I would love to start using virtual desktops, but since I switch between tablet and normal computer mode often, my virtual desktops disappear and all of the windows
    on a second virtual desktop move to the first in tablet mode.

abeta201, Jul 16, 2015
  3. Black Screen on Task View

Alright, I'd try the keyboard shortcut for "close virtual desktop", which is
    Win+Ctrl+F4.
    That should work even if you aren't inside task view.

Virtual Desktops

• Windows Key + Ctrl + D – Create a new virtual desktop and switch to it
    • Windows Key + Ctrl + F4 – Close the current virtual desktop.
    • Windows Key + Ctrl + Left / Right – Switch to the virtual desktop on the left or right.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 16, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Virtual desktop switch

Ctrl + *Start + D adds a 'Virtual Desktop'
    Ctrl + *Start + F4 deletes a desktop
    Ctrl + *Start + forward or back arrows switches desktops.

Edwin, Jul 16, 2015
  5. kjub Win User
    Ctrl + *Start + forward or back arrows switches desktops. ..... this is not working !!!! 10240

6. Mystere Win User
    He means left and right, not up and down.

You can also use Win + Tab, then release the keys, then you can use tab (with no modifiers) until the highlight is on the virtual desktops at the bottom and use arrow keys to move between them... press enter or space to select. Ctrl-Win-LArrow or RArrow are faster.

Mystere, Jul 16, 2015
  7. kjub Win User
    Am sorry its not carousel so I was on 2nd screen and than right arrow dont switches to 1st screen

But gues what only stupid can do this on machines used 95% with mouse ... So ? You have to release the mouse *Sad ...

Why
    ctrl-win-12345 are not working *Smile for aps on page
    Alt-win-12345 are for virtual desktops ...

Unles you do it with one hand is a stupid useless solution

8. Edwin New Member

Virtual desktop switch

Sorry man!
    It is what it is!

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Virtual desktop switch

1. Virtual desktop switch - Similar Threads - Virtual desktop switch

2. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  3. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  4. Virtual desktop switching shortcut remapping.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual desktop switching shortcut remapping.: I remapped ctrl + win + left/right to alt + left/right key using powertoys keyboard manager but the window focus does not work for the new shortcut, is there any way to solve this problem?...
  5. Virtual desktop switching shortcut remapping.

Virtual desktop switching shortcut remapping.: I remapped ctrl + win + left/right to alt + left/right key using powertoys keyboard manager but the window focus does not work for the new shortcut, is there any way to solve this problem?...
  6. App blocks switching virtual desktops

App blocks switching virtual desktops: I´ve started using virtual desktops to gain some order in workung 5 projects at the same time. As it is impossible in Windows 11 to ungroup symbols in the task bar ans see any file or folder names without any action this is inho the only way to work efficiently. I am not...
  7. App blocks switching virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App blocks switching virtual desktops: I´ve started using virtual desktops to gain some order in workung 5 projects at the same time. As it is impossible in Windows 11 to ungroup symbols in the task bar ans see any file or folder names without any action this is inho the only way to work efficiently. I am not...
  8. Virtual desktops: weird switching behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual desktops: weird switching behavior: Wondering if anyone else has this problem...sometimes I will open a new instance of an already-open app, and Windows will force a switch over to the VD where the app is already open before initiating the new instance. This isn't just limited to tabbed apps, either. For...
  9. Virtual desktop switch

Virtual desktop switch: Windows 10, laptop. Sometimes when I log onto my PC, the virtual desktop switches to the furthest on the right. I haven't seen anyone having the same problem, and it's bothering me. submitted by /u/grzesiu447 [link] [comments]...
  10. Quick switch between virtual desktops

Quick switch between virtual desktops: There has to be a shortcut for quickly switching between desktops. I have used 3 rd party applications but they're just not stable enough. I can see why this has been a problem for the developers. Considering there can be any number of virtual desktops coming up with a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switch windows virtual desktop