Windows 10: Virtual desktops on two monitors

Discus and support Virtual desktops on two monitors in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to isolate workspaces among two displays. When I switch desktop on one screen, the desktop switches on the second screen also. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mithunvinayagamop3t, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Virtual desktops on two monitors

Is there a way to isolate workspaces among two displays. When I switch desktop on one screen, the desktop switches on the second screen also. How can I change this?

submitted by /u/mithunvinayagamop3t
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mithunvinayagamop3t, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Multitasking/Virtual Desktops on Dual Monitors

Hi,

Great question.

Virtual desktop can only work on your one monitor, the another monitor is just extension of your first monitor. Another option is to use

Hyper-V
    on other monitor.

Regarding on your idea you can raise it through the Windows Feedback App. You can post your suggestions or ideas that can help us improve the service that we provide.

How to find Windows Feedback app:

• Press Windows key+ Q, and type Feedback.
    • Select Windows Feedback and sign in using your Microsoft Account.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    virtual desktop as multiple monitor

Hello Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Virtual desktops lets you create multiple, separate desktops that each can display different open windows and apps. Multiple desktops are great for quickly switching desktops. The idea of having multiple virtual desktops is being able to order programs
    according to a set of tasks.

PC can’t have different virtual desktop on each monitor. However, we can
    configure the taskbar for multiple displays to send windows from one monitor to another. We can customize Windows to have a taskbar shown on only one display, and a different taskbar on the other display. To do that, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select
      Taskbar Settings
    • Scroll down to Multiple displays section and choose
      Taskbar where window is open under Show taskbar buttons on option.

By choosing that particular option in Settings, you can set its independent taskbar in addition to your primary display. Only the open windows are shown on the taskbar in that particular display.

As a workaround, we can create a new profile to switch your main display to another. By doing that, you can switch between profiles which will be having different displays in it.
    To do that, follow the below mentioned steps.

• Right click anywhere on the desktop and select Graphics properties > Select
      Display > make changes to change your main displays > click on
      Save profile
      > assign a name to it.
    • You can create multiple profiles to make different monitors as main displays each time.
    • To apply the profile, right click anywhere on the
      desktop and select Graphics Options > Profiles > in there you can select the new account which you have created to switch the display.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 4, 2020
  4. LKNY Win User

Virtual desktops on two monitors

Multiple Monitors and Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

Often I'm using an extra monitor when working on my computer with Windows 10. I like to put on Netflix or some other form of video on the additional monitor. However, when I'm switching between virtual desktops, the Netflix window travels with the desktop
    it was originally associated with, causing me to have to pause my workflow to manually move it with me.

Is there any way to get a window to switch virtual desktops with me? Or better yet, a way to make the extra monitor have a virtual desktop all of it's own that can function when I switch between desktops on my primary screen?

Any suggestions appreciated.

LKNY, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Virtual desktops on two monitors

1. Virtual desktops on two monitors - Similar Threads - Virtual desktops monitors

2. Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors: Have Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2.Have 2 monitors TVs used as monitors.An Asus 1080p monitor 2 and an LG 4K monitor 1.The desktop background is different for each of these monitors.The "Multiple displays" setting is set to "Extend these displays".Because they are different...
  3. Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors: Have Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2.Have 2 monitors TVs used as monitors.An Asus 1080p monitor 2 and an LG 4K monitor 1.The desktop background is different for each of these monitors.The "Multiple displays" setting is set to "Extend these displays".Because they are different...
  4. Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple Monitors and Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Monitors and Virtual Desktops in Windows 10: I bought a second monitor recently and everything was working as expected till I started switching between the Virtual Desktops. Whenever I switch the Virtual Desktops in one monitor, it switches in the other monitor as well, is there a way I can display a different virtual...
  6. Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue: I just setup a 2nd monitor to work from home. Using Windows 10, I am able to move things around from monitor to monitor without issue. However, when I login to the virtual desktop for work, I am unable to drag anything from work to the 2nd monitor.....the cursor moves, but...
  7. Opening Excel in two virtual desktops

Opening Excel in two virtual desktops: Sorry if I'm a bit off with the terminology but am I right in thinking that it is not possible to have excel or any other app active in two different virtual desktops at the same time. I've just tried to do this and found at least by default it cannot happen. Is this normal...
  8. Two monitors with virtual desktop, can i configure app to open in specific monitor/desktop?

Two monitors with virtual desktop, can i configure app to open in specific monitor/desktop?: Hi friends, i have two monitors with 2 virtual desktop, name this this way each screen Screen 1 (monitor 1 virtual desktop 1) Screen 2 (monitor 1 virtual desktop 2) Screen 3 (monitor 2 virtual desktop 1) Screen 4 (monitor 2 virtual desktop 2) can i configure app to...
  9. virtual desktop as multiple monitor

virtual desktop as multiple monitor: Hi, my workspace use 6 display monitor from 1 PC - 1 monitor for main PC display - 5 monitor for business-related display (opening browser on different pages) - 1 PC (i5 7th gen, windows 10 pro) Those 5 displays are extended via HDMI splitter. My problem is moving...
  10. 2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors

2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors: I have 2 monitors on my PC, and I want to have 2 virtual desktops, 1 on first monitor and 1 on second. Can I achieve that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-virtual-desktops-on-2-monitors/05bb7182-d9b3-47c1-a2d7-8898497febb2