Windows 10: Virtual Desktops - Projector

Discus and support Virtual Desktops - Projector in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Let's assume I've created 2 virtual desktops in Windows 10. (#1 and #2) Is it possible to connect projector with a single virtual desktop only? Eg.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dhruvdutt, Sep 11, 2016.

1. dhruvdutt Win User

Virtual Desktops - Projector

Let's assume I've created 2 virtual desktops in Windows 10. (#1 and #2)
    Is it possible to connect projector with a single virtual desktop only?
    Eg. Connect virtual desktop #1 with the projector. Now swap, work along virtual desktop #2 (to look privately for some references at the time of a presentation/projection) and swap back to resume the public projection at desktop #1?

Please suggest any 3rd party tool (if any available) for this use case.

:)

dhruvdutt, Sep 11, 2016
  2. TMATTHYS Win User

Is it possible to have different display settings for different virtual desktops?

Original title: virtual desktops

Hello,

Is it possible to have different display settings for different virtual desktops?

Situation, one computer screen and one projector.

I would like to use the projector on one desktop as extended screen to show power point, my screen presenter view projector actual slide, the other desktop needs to use the projector as duplicate display so I can show the vm I am running on that desktop.

At the moment when I change desktops the setting stays the same for both, or duplicate screen or extended display and every time I need to change desktops I have to change the settings as well.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks for the help.

TMATTHYS, Sep 11, 2016
  3. Malcexx Win User
    Laptop does not link fully with projector in Wndows 10

I have a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows 10. I have used it successfully with a projector hundreds of times. However, the last time I wanted to use it, the same projector recognised the laptop by showing the desktop, but it did not switch to the slide
    show; although all the images appeared on the laptop screen, the projector continued to show the desktop. I connect to the projector with a VGA cable; there is not a readily available HDMI connection to the projector.

Any suggestions, please. It is embarrassing to turn up at an event and then fail with the projection!

Malcexx, Sep 11, 2016
Thema:

Virtual Desktops - Projector

1. Virtual Desktops - Projector - Similar Threads - Virtual Desktops Projector

2. Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Desktops: Hi there, With the new windows update, I am unable to create new virtual desktops using keyboard shortcuts and task view, as well as being unable to switch between them. Would like a fix, please....
  3. virtual desktop

virtual desktop: hello im trying to tern off virtual desktop when i miss click the win key and tap i did try regedit to disable it and i did try Gpedit.msc i heat this virtual desktop and i need help even if u can help me deleted i will appreciated...
  4. virtual desktops

virtual desktops: I want to use a virtual desktop for some of my apps that I currently have on my main desktop. I do not know how to move the apps from the main desktop to the virtual one. Please help....
  5. Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Desktops: Hi is there a way to open a program like Adobe Acrobat Reader in two separate virtual desktops. I am trying to separate two projects and both require pdfs to view and whenever I try and open a new adobe window in the second desktop. I just open Adobe on the first desktop....
  6. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: I just created a second virtual desktop, but all I get out of it is a mirror image of the original desktop. Whatever I do on one shows up on the other. How can I make the desktops independent of each other? Thanks, Bill...
  7. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: I have created more than 13 000 virtual desktops (don't ask how and why, because I can), and my computer works slow. How can I close all this desktops in one click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-desktops/6b930387-6d82-4d5b-8580-1e84356b20c1
  8. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: Right now, if I have three virtual desktops created, and I open Sticky Notes in VD 1 and then if I open Sticky Notes in VD 2, I sends me back to VD 1. This issue is very annoying and is making it very hard to used virtual desktops. Please Help!...
  9. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: When I open an App, i.e. Excel, on one Virtual Desktop and then try and open an excel doc. from file explorer on a second virtual desktop the doc opens up and switches views to the original virtual desktop making using virtual desktops frustrating and time consuming. Is...
  10. projector

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    projector: The major win 10 upgrade was installed on my laptop yesterday May 19, since the upgrade the laptop will not stay on projector option and keeps reverting back to pc only screen. I have a Dell e5410 and is connected to my non smart tv using a HDMI cable. I did not have this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 projector and virtual desktop