Windows 10: Virtual Disk Image Error

Discus and support Virtual Disk Image Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After my VirtualBox VM of Windows 7 became inaccessible, I deleted it and replaced it with another virtual machine, but used the same virtual disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xylo2009, May 1, 2022.

1. xylo2009 Win User

Virtual Disk Image Error

After my VirtualBox VM of Windows 7 became inaccessible, I deleted it and replaced it with another virtual machine, but used the same virtual disk image as the old one. However, after I deleted the old one, I realized that my virtual disk image was removed along with the virtual machine. I don't want to make a new image because I had a lot of stuff installed on the old disk image and I don't want to start over again. Is there any way I can recover my virtual disk image?

:)

xylo2009, May 1, 2022

2. Virtual Disk service is unavailable (0x8078009C).

Kumar, the laptop is not connected to a domain network. I tried both methods suggested and the results are the same. Method 2 returned no errors. The harddrive is not SSD. Under Windows 7, I never experienced a problem with creating a System Image nor
    any errors with the Virtual Disk Service. After Windows 10 migration, I've not been able to create a System Image nor use Disk Management (the latter returns the message "Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service). Suggestions kindly appreciated.

RickEvergreen, May 1, 2022
  3. fragmented disk image

Hi Brandon,

VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) is a file that represents a virtual hard drive and contains what is normally found on a physical hard disk drive. You can try to mount the VHD images to extract and recover the file by following the steps below:

• Right-click on Start Menu and select Disk Management.
    • On the Disk Management window, click Action and select
      Attach VHD.
    • Click Browse, navigate to and select the VHD file, click
      Open
      , then OK.
    • You can now proceed to browse, copy and open files from the mounted VHD.

Note: You may have to mount all VHD files to extract a single disk image file from it.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, May 1, 2022
  4. Virtual Disk Image Error

Virtual Disk service is unavailable (0x8078009C).

Attempted a System Image backup on newly migrated
    Windows 10 laptop. I received the following error: Virtual Disk service is unavailable (0x8078009C). I can start the service, however, I receive the same error message. Also, when I select Disk Management under the Computer Management
    window I receive the following: Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service. Suggestions kindly appreciated... thank you.

RickEvergreen, May 1, 2022
Thema:

Virtual Disk Image Error

1. Virtual Disk Image Error - Similar Threads - Virtual Disk Image

2. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual Disk: What is Virtual Disk ? how does it relate to a VM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk/6cadb439-5fb2-4b95-bbdf-3de2d6e75c0a
  3. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Disk: What is Virtual Disk ? how does it relate to a VM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk/6cadb439-5fb2-4b95-bbdf-3de2d6e75c0a
  4. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, The specified disk is not convertible

in Windows 10 News
    Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, The specified disk is not convertible: [ATTACH]If you are a Windows 11/10 user, you probably know that you can convert an MBR disk into a GPT one via the Disk Management Console or the Diskpart utility. Both Master Boot Record (MBR) and GUID Partition Table (GPT) are the partition styles for a hard disk. The GPT...
  6. Virtual Disk Image Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Disk Image Error: After my VirtualBox VM of Windows 7 became inaccessible, I deleted it and replaced it with another virtual machine, but used the same virtual disk image as the old one. However, after I deleted the old one, I realized that my virtual disk image was removed along with the...
  7. Installed Windows 11 on virtual machine and moved disk image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed Windows 11 on virtual machine and moved disk image: I bought Windows 11 Pro yesterday and did not receive a product key in the confirmation email; is was a digital key that I assume was used when I downloaded it. The link no longer works.I moved the virtual machine windows file to an external disk and now it is unactivated. I...
  8. Installed Windows 11 on virtual machine and moved disk image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed Windows 11 on virtual machine and moved disk image: I bought Windows 11 Pro yesterday and did not receive a product key in the confirmation email; is was a digital key that I assume was used when I downloaded it. The link no longer works.I moved the virtual machine windows file to an external disk and now it is unactivated. I...
  9. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Disk: Good day. I have created a 10GB virtual disk in disk management and would like to reassign it back to my hard disk. Thank you for your help and reply. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk/1d29f5f3-4f7f-4133-8356-6f254ff1c690
  10. Virtual disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual disk: Hello there, Recently I came to know that we can increase the hard disk storage up to 64 TB no matter how much is our real disk space. I followed the procedure and got 2 TB. I didn`t get how that is possible? Does it really mean that now my hard disk storage is 2.5 TB?...