Windows 10: Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified

Discus and support Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't initialize my disk because it supposedly does not exist. I've tried everything to initialize the disk like, restarting my PC, uninstalling and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ryder Ramos, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified

I can't initialize my disk because it supposedly does not exist. I've tried everything to initialize the disk like, restarting my PC, uninstalling and re-installing, and checking the cable* connection, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me in how to fix this?

:)

Ryder Ramos, Jun 23, 2022

2. A Device Specified Does Not Exist Message

Hi all,

I have plugged in a Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200 RPM hard drive

When I go into disk manager, it says: "Disk 1 Not Initialized"

When I go to initialize it, it says " A Device Specified Does Not Exist "

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

AwesomeNate06, Jun 23, 2022
  3. CountMike Win User
    AMD Chipset Install Error: 1316, The Specified Account Already Exists

In Device manager, most of those from that list are signed as Microsoft drivers, probably for compatibility purposes, just like disk drive drivers.
    These are only ones from that list that I can find that is signed as AMD.

Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified [​IMG]

CountMike, Jun 23, 2022
  4. sadnewbie Win User

Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified

non existing phantom drives listed as Unknown devices in Device Manager

Original title: Phantom drive in Windows 10

OS Windows 10. My computer showed two phantom drives. I tried to eject them through the “Safely remove hardware and eject media” but I never get a list of those drives to remove.

I also tried through the Device Manager> View> Show Hidden Devices> but those phantom drives do not show in the listing, so I can’t uninstall them. It did show a “WPD FileSystem Volume Driver” with a yellow triangle and I clicked to uninstall. Then
    I moved to Disk drives in the same Device manager and it listed one non-existing drive. I clicked on uninstall and after a little time it instructed me to restart the computer which I did by clicking the “restart now’. The computer went to restart and just
    hanged in there, allowed it to work the restart for a couple of hours so I finally did a hard reboot.

When it finally came on, I clicked on the Windows Explorer> This PC. This time it showed only one phantom drive as “Local Disk H:”

Opened again Device Manage> View> Show hidden devices> under disks it only showed the correct disks installed on the PC. Under portable devices showed: Unknown device, so I did uninstall it. Closed the Device manager. No restart request this time.

On Windows explorer it still shows the phantom drive as “Local Disk H:”

Next I went to Disk Management. The window for it came up but although it says “Connecting to Virtual Disk Service,” it never shows anything in spite of letting it work for a couple of hours. I believe the PC gets confused searching for that non-existing
    phantom drive. Also checked under Computer management> Services> Virtual Disk: and it said it was running. Still nothing shows in Disk Management.

The Phantom disk I believe is interfering with the search feature in Windows Explorer since every time I try to find a document it takes too long.

On my frustration downloaded from Microsoft the “Windows installation tool” for my Windows 10 and tried that to see if a repair would get me clear of that non-existing drive. However after doing that repair it still did list the non-existing drive.
    So I tried again with that DVD and did a reinstall of Windows 10. No luck the phantom drive is still there; if I click on it the computer tries to find it and just hangs in there and nothing can be done on it just freezes.

Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated

sadnewbie, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified

1. Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified - Similar Threads - Virtual Disk Manager

2. A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A device which does not exist was specified: I ran into this error - A device which does not exist was specified - while trying to access an SSD from Windows console running a directory listing. I believe the sequence of events leading up to it was the SSD wasunplugged and replugged in after which I reran the listing...
  3. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  4. a device which does not exist was specified

a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  5. Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified: I can't initialize my disk because it supposedly does not exist. I've tried everything to initialize the disk like, restarting my PC, uninstalling and re-installing, and checking the cable* connection, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me in how to fix this?...
  6. Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified

Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified: I can't initialize my disk because it supposedly does not exist. I've tried everything to initialize the disk like, restarting my PC, uninstalling and re-installing, and checking the cable* connection, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me in how to fix this?...
  7. A device which does not exist was specified

A device which does not exist was specified: Please help me ,I don't know what to do with this error which appears when ever I want to open my USB flash . Actually I can't open my USB flash . Please help me . [ATTACH]...
  8. A device which does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A device which does not exist was specified.: Im installing windows 10 from a bootable USB and in the page where you choose a partition i went to the command prompt. In there i wanted to clean a disk but then it sais. DiskPart has encountered an error: An device which does not exist was specified. See the System Event...
  9. A device which does not exist was specified

A device which does not exist was specified: HI, Yester 15-4-2020 I download and install this version "2020-04 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 for x64-based system KB4549951". Today 16-04-2020 I received a pop-up window A device which does not exist was specified while trying to open E: or D: but C: is...
  10. A device which does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A device which does not exist was specified.: z[IMG] I tried installing Mojave Hackintosh on my Dell Inspiron PC and it got installed, after I tried restarting my laptop, it stuck on a boot loop. Then, I got upset and tried installing Ubuntu which then showed the error like "Kernel Panic". Then, I tried installing...