Windows 10: virtual disk manager

Discus and support virtual disk manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i just upgraded to a samsung ssd on my lenovo t580. when i try to create a new simple volume it gives me this error. (disk 1 is my old hdd plugged in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanielHouston1, Feb 4, 2019.

1. virtual disk manager

i just upgraded to a samsung ssd on my lenovo t580. when i try to create a new simple volume it gives me this error. (disk 1 is my old hdd plugged in through a usb cable). i would prefer to merge the unallocated space with the C: drive, but that does not appear to be possible without the use of other software. virtual disk manager 1df8a763-8e57-4774-bf2a-7ad8c4c25bf1?upload=true.png

:)

DanielHouston1, Feb 4, 2019

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue virtual disk manager :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Irongamer Win User
    Windows 10 - Disk Management stalls with message "Connecting to virtual disk service"

Disk Management never loads and stalls at "Connecting to virtual disk service."

This may be an issue if you are running SSD and have a SSD manager that suggests turning off a number of services to improve SSD longevity. Or if you have disabled services using a tweak site like Home | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com. Not sure which was the case
    for my computer but I'm pretty sure it was one of those two. =)

I've seen two solutions outside of the Microsoft Answers so I'm going to post both of them in a single post. One worked for me but others have had the other issue of the two.

Possible Solution 1

Virtual Disk is disabled. To enable:

• Type services.msc in search or run box and press enter
    • Scroll down to Virtual Disk Service. Is it disabled?
    • Right click > Properties > Startup type > Manual or Automatic
    • You can also press the start button to start the service.
    • Check Disk Management to see if your drives show up.
    Possible Solution 2 (this worked for me)

Volume Shadow Copy is disabled. To enable:

• Type services.msc in search or run box and press enter
    • Scroll down to Volume Shadow Copy Service. Is it disabled?
    • Right click > Properties > Startup type > Manual or Automatic
    • You can also press the start button to start the service. (I set it to manual and then pressed the start button)
    • Check Disk Management to see if your drives show up. (Disk Management showed the drives instantly)

Hope this helps someone.

Irongamer, Feb 4, 2019
  4. virtual disk manager

Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

virtual disk manager

1. virtual disk manager - Similar Threads - virtual disk manager

2. Virtual Disk Manager Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Disk Manager Access Denied: Hello I have a problem my external hard drive is broken and I need to initialize the disk but this gets in the way. Please help me asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk-manager-access-denied/96949486-3f9c-4c8f-aff4-f3b262c2c6cd
  3. Virtual Disk Manager Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Disk Manager Access Denied: Hello I have a problem my external hard drive is broken and I need to initialize the disk but this gets in the way. Please help me asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk-manager-access-denied/96949486-3f9c-4c8f-aff4-f3b262c2c6cd
  4. Virtual disk Manager: The request is not supported.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual disk Manager: The request is not supported.: So I am trying to delete the one, and only volume on my physical disk, called: "TEST ORANGE" With the drive letter D:. It will return me with the error "Virtual disk Manager: The request is not supported." photo attached I've tried running SFC /scannow and it didn't find...
  5. Virtual disk Manager: The request is not supported.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual disk Manager: The request is not supported.: So I am trying to delete the one, and only volume on my physical disk, called: "TEST ORANGE" With the drive letter D:. It will return me with the error "Virtual disk Manager: The request is not supported." photo attached I've tried running SFC /scannow and it didn't find...
  6. Virtual disk Manager: The request is not supported.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service in Disk Management: I am running a Dell XPS702 with Windows 10 and recently tried to format a USB. After this operation the Disk Management system is blank and gives Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service. I have tried manually activating it using services.msc but although it starts it...
  8. Disk Management and Virtual Disk Service failure

Disk Management and Virtual Disk Service failure: I am running Windows 10 Home version 1903. I installed a new disk and tried to run Disk Management. It fails with the error "Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service" and a "The remote procedure call failed" error. I have looked through dozens of other instances of this...
  9. virtual disk manager

virtual disk manager: how do I turn off "Virtual Disk Manager"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk-manager/b4a6b319-ea39-4daf-ab20-9687e531a4a6
  10. Virtual Disk Manager Access Denied

Virtual Disk Manager Access Denied: Hello I have a problem my external hard drive is broken and I need to initialize the disk but this gets in the way. Please help me asap[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk-manager-access-denied/ae295766-9a1d-4163-a6b6-80325094399f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add 20000 g virtual disk manager access denied

2. virtual disk manager access denied