Windows 10: Virtual Disk Service-Vlan2-Interactive User

Discus and support Virtual Disk Service-Vlan2-Interactive User in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been looking to find how someone was an Interactive User on my Windows 10 Laptop, I got no answer back. I have been researching the routing table... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vickyl71, Jan 13, 2021.

1. vickyl71 Win User

Virtual Disk Service-Vlan2-Interactive User

I've been looking to find how someone was an Interactive User on my Windows 10 Laptop, I got no answer back. I have been researching the routing table etc., and I've seen in the past and now accept what a VLan2 is... Recently I've gotten back to what is a Virtual Disk Service when I'm opening up Disk Management. Well, now I'm still trying to find out when this VDS was set up and who is attached to it.

I've posted many times here to someone helping me and other places that it feels like someone has more control over my computer then I do and they have been rewriting software as I use it. For years..

Thank you,

Vickyl71 Virtual Disk Service-Vlan2-Interactive User f3541c8a-c368-4859-8317-4c5d9a567b00?upload=true.png Virtual Disk Service-Vlan2-Interactive User ddc267f6-00e8-4b4e-9ad6-a35efc85447f?upload=true.png Virtual Disk Service-Vlan2-Interactive User c2b576bb-93fc-4086-be66-f93238764d1d?upload=true.png

:)

vickyl71, Jan 13, 2021

2. Virtual disk service wont start

Hi,

Thank you for showing interest on Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

I suggest you to start the Virtual Disk Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the Services Window, look for Virtual Disk service and
      Stop
      it.
    • Restart the computer and Start the Virtual Disk
      service and set it to Automatic.
    • Restart the computer and it check if it works.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 13, 2021
  3. alphabare Win User
    Virtual disk service wont start

Worked the first time i tried it then after closing the application and trying to start again the disk service would not start anymore.

alphabare, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Virtual Disk Service-Vlan2-Interactive User

Disk Management and Virtual Disk Service failure

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. How did you install the Virtual Disk?
    2. Is the PC connected to domain network?
    3. What was the result of WMIC and SFC scan?
    4. Is the VDS service running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check if the Virtual Disk service has Read access.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type regedit and hit enter.
    3. On the left hand pane navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\vds
    4. Right click on the VDS key and click on
      Permissions.
    5. Select the User Name of the user account.
    6. Check the box next to Full Control.
    7. Click on Apply and OK.

In addition, if you have any 3rd party antivirus installed please uninstall it. Refer the article

Repair or remove programs in Windows 10

If the issue persist, I would suggest you to post your query on
    TechNet forums
    , where we have expertise and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge to assist you with the query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Virtual Disk Service-Vlan2-Interactive User

1. Virtual Disk Service-Vlan2-Interactive User - Similar Threads - Virtual Disk Service

2. "Connecting to virtual disk service " longs forever

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Connecting to virtual disk service " longs forever: In the disk management, it shows a blank window saying "connecting to virtual disk service " and stucks in it. When I go to services and then try to start virtual disk manually or automatically it says "starting" and never starts. Please help me. I'm trying to allocate my new...
  3. Virtual Disk Service failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual Disk Service failure: The following has been copied from another thread. I have the same problem. Windows 10 Home Build 18363 VDS show as running, but the VDS closes immediately with RPC failure. "Unable to connect to disk service." Computer management console shows immediate shutdown. "The...
  4. Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service in Disk Management

Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service in Disk Management: I am running a Dell XPS702 with Windows 10 and recently tried to format a USB. After this operation the Disk Management system is blank and gives Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service. I have tried manually activating it using services.msc but although it starts it...
  5. Disk Management "Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service"

Disk Management "Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service": I have checked it out in Services.msc Manual, take no action, take no action. I have run sfc/scannow with no issues. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-management-unable-to-connect-to-virtual-disk/4bb80116-c063-4e05-9216-3f56c4231f37
  6. Disk Management and Virtual Disk Service failure

Disk Management and Virtual Disk Service failure: I am running Windows 10 Home version 1903. I installed a new disk and tried to run Disk Management. It fails with the error "Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service" and a "The remote procedure call failed" error. I have looked through dozens of other instances of this...
  7. Virtual Disk Service will not start

Virtual Disk Service will not start: This began with my not being able to access my thumb drives because File Explorer Quick Access would never complete. The first few times I could still open my thumbs drives on another computer, but now I can't, so I think whatever this problem is, it is messing up any...
  8. Interactive services detection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Interactive services detection: I am a programmer for a company that provides programs to Courts. Part of the system is our notice processing. This process is started is started through an IBM iSeries via the runrmtcmd command. On the PC there is an IBM executable - cwbrxd.exe which allows to PC to...
  9. Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service

Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service: I got a message Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service when I opened the Disk Management. I have Dell desktop with Windows 10 Pro installed, (version 1803, build 17134.228). Any help is appreciated...
  10. Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service: Hello For some months I have had a problem on my Windows 10 Pro (1607) desktop where I cannot use "Create and format hard disk partitions" Start Menu item, diskpart on elevated and non-elevated command prompt nor Disk Management(Local) snap-in in mmc. Diskpart gives me...