Windows 10: virtual disk to automatic ore manual

Discus and support virtual disk to automatic ore manual in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; What does it do when you change the virtual disk to automatic? And should you do it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Raven Johnson, Jan 24, 2023.

1. virtual disk to automatic ore manual

What does it do when you change the virtual disk to automatic? And should you do it?

:)

Raven Johnson, Jan 24, 2023

2. Virtual disk service wont start

Hi,

Thank you for showing interest on Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

I suggest you to start the Virtual Disk Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the Services Window, look for Virtual Disk service and
      Stop
      it.
    • Restart the computer and Start the Virtual Disk
      service and set it to Automatic.
    • Restart the computer and it check if it works.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

Windows help & learning

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Irongamer Win User
    Windows 10 - Disk Management stalls with message "Connecting to virtual disk service"

Disk Management never loads and stalls at "Connecting to virtual disk service."

This may be an issue if you are running SSD and have a SSD manager that suggests turning off a number of services to improve SSD longevity. Or if you have disabled services using a tweak site like Home - Black Viper | BlackViper.Com. Not sure which was the case
    for my computer but I'm pretty sure it was one of those two. =)

I've seen two solutions outside of the Microsoft Answers so I'm going to post both of them in a single post. One worked for me but others have had the other issue of the two.

Possible Solution 1

Virtual Disk is disabled. To enable:

• Type services.msc in search or run box and press enter
    • Scroll down to Virtual Disk Service. Is it disabled?
    • Right click > Properties > Startup type > Manual or Automatic
    • You can also press the start button to start the service.
    • Check Disk Management to see if your drives show up.
    Possible Solution 2 (this worked for me)

Volume Shadow Copy is disabled. To enable:

• Type services.msc in search or run box and press enter
    • Scroll down to Volume Shadow Copy Service. Is it disabled?
    • Right click > Properties > Startup type > Manual or Automatic
    • You can also press the start button to start the service. (I set it to manual and then pressed the start button)
    • Check Disk Management to see if your drives show up. (Disk Management showed the drives instantly)

Hope this helps someone.

Irongamer, Jan 24, 2023
  4. alphabare Win User

virtual disk to automatic ore manual

Virtual disk service wont start

Worked the first time i tried it then after closing the application and trying to start again the disk service would not start anymore.

alphabare, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

virtual disk to automatic ore manual

1. virtual disk to automatic ore manual - Similar Threads - virtual disk automatic

2. virtual disk to automatic ore manual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virtual disk to automatic ore manual: What does it do when you change the virtual disk to automatic? And should you do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk-to-automatic-ore-manual/cdc63a2c-c8bc-4019-82e3-846d07a220b9
  3. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual Disk: What is Virtual Disk ? how does it relate to a VM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk/6cadb439-5fb2-4b95-bbdf-3de2d6e75c0a
  4. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Disk: What is Virtual Disk ? how does it relate to a VM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk/6cadb439-5fb2-4b95-bbdf-3de2d6e75c0a
  5. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Virtual Disk: I found a "Microsoft Virtual Disk" connected in Disk Drives in Device Manager. I did not set this up and am wondering how it attached. I also recieved notification about disk space but thought nothing of it until I saw the connected virtual drive. Can someone please explain...
  7. Mystery Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mystery Virtual Disk: I've got a mystery virtual disk and I have no idea what it is, where it is or where it came from. I can see it in Device Manager, I can see it in Intel SSD toolbox, but there's nothing in Disk Management. I've unhidden empty drives and files too. [img] [img] [img] 159690
  8. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Disk: Good day. I have created a 10GB virtual disk in disk management and would like to reassign it back to my hard disk. Thank you for your help and reply. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk/1d29f5f3-4f7f-4133-8356-6f254ff1c690
  9. Virtual disk

Virtual disk: Hello there, Recently I came to know that we can increase the hard disk storage up to 64 TB no matter how much is our real disk space. I followed the procedure and got 2 TB. I didn`t get how that is possible? Does it really mean that now my hard disk storage is 2.5 TB?...
  10. virtual disk manager

virtual disk manager: i just upgraded to a samsung ssd on my lenovo t580. when i try to create a new simple volume it gives me this error. (disk 1 is my old hdd plugged in through a usb cable). i would prefer to merge the unallocated space with the C: drive, but that does not appear to be possible...