Windows 10: Virtual disk

Discus and support Virtual disk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, Recently I came to know that we can increase the hard disk storage up to 64 TB no matter how much is our real disk space. I followed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Quanta Ali, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Virtual disk

Hello there,

Recently I came to know that we can increase the hard disk storage up to 64 TB no matter how much is our real disk space. I followed the procedure and got 2 TB. I didn`t get how that is possible? Does it really mean that now my hard disk storage is 2.5 TB? 500 GB is the real space.

I think there must be some limitations. Can someone explain how it is possible when physically the hard disk is designed to a lesser capacity?

:)

Quanta Ali, Mar 20, 2019

2. Virtual disk service wont start

Hi,

Thank you for showing interest on Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

I suggest you to start the Virtual Disk Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the Services Window, look for Virtual Disk service and
      Stop
      it.
    • Restart the computer and Start the Virtual Disk
      service and set it to Automatic.
    • Restart the computer and it check if it works.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 20, 2019
  3. alphabare Win User
    Virtual disk service wont start

Worked the first time i tried it then after closing the application and trying to start again the disk service would not start anymore.

alphabare, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Virtual disk

Virtual Disk service is unavailable (0x8078009C).

Kumar, the laptop is not connected to a domain network. I tried both methods suggested and the results are the same. Method 2 returned no errors. The harddrive is not SSD. Under Windows 7, I never experienced a problem with creating a System Image nor
    any errors with the Virtual Disk Service. After Windows 10 migration, I've not been able to create a System Image nor use Disk Management (the latter returns the message "Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service). Suggestions kindly appreciated.

RickEvergreen, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Virtual disk

1. Virtual disk - Similar Threads - Virtual disk

2. I’m trying to install Vista on a Virtual Disk but I can’t select the disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m trying to install Vista on a Virtual Disk but I can’t select the disk: There’s basically no reaction to my command. I figured the problem might be that the cmd version is too old 6.0.6002. That’s how far I’ve got.Help would be appriciated :...
  3. I’m trying to install Vista on a Virtual Disk but I can’t select the disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m trying to install Vista on a Virtual Disk but I can’t select the disk: There’s basically no reaction to my command. I figured the problem might be that the cmd version is too old 6.0.6002. That’s how far I’ve got.Help would be appriciated :...
  4. do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?: i made a vhd in windows 11, and i was wondering this. if i made my vhd 1 tb, then would it take up actual space or is the tb from the server?...
  5. do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?

do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?: i made a vhd in windows 11, and i was wondering this. if i made my vhd 1 tb, then would it take up actual space or is the tb from the server?...
  6. MSFT_VirtualDisk class enumeration will not yield attached virtual disks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSFT_VirtualDisk class enumeration will not yield attached virtual disks: I have a virtual disk VHD and attached via disk mgmt tool. Now using WMI and windows storage management API, I used MSFT_Disk class and executed the query "select * from MSFT_Disk" and both of the disks were listed. I thought that MSFT_VirtualDisk should result in only...
  7. MSFT_VirtualDisk class enumeration will not yield attached virtual disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFT_VirtualDisk class enumeration will not yield attached virtual disks: I have a virtual disk VHD and attached via disk mgmt tool. Now using WMI and windows storage management API, I used MSFT_Disk class and executed the query "select * from MSFT_Disk" and both of the disks were listed. I thought that MSFT_VirtualDisk should result in only...
  8. MSFT_VirtualDisk class enumeration will not yield attached virtual disks

9. Virtual disk with bitlocker since lately always missing at wake up Win 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual disk with bitlocker since lately always missing at wake up Win 10 22H2: My machine Win 10 22H2 has an extra drive, which is a hard disk image file .vhdx protected with bitlocker.This worked fine for months, but lately after some update? the drive is always missing after wakeup. I can manually mount it again w/o problems but it is a waste of time...
  10. Virtual disk with bitlocker since lately always missing at wake up Win 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual disk with bitlocker since lately always missing at wake up Win 10 22H2: My machine Win 10 22H2 has an extra drive, which is a hard disk image file .vhdx protected with bitlocker.This worked fine for months, but lately after some update? the drive is always missing after wakeup. I can manually mount it again w/o problems but it is a waste of time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create system image The Virtual Disk service is unavailable. (0x8078009C)

2. The Virtual Disk service is unavailable. (0x8078009C)