Windows 10: Virtual Floppy Drive for Windows 10 64bit

Discus and support Virtual Floppy Drive for Windows 10 64bit in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a old software program that writes to a floppy disk. it converts file types and loads them onto a floppy disk. At present I am using a physical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanielNol, Nov 27, 2018.

1. DanielNol Win User

Virtual Floppy Drive for Windows 10 64bit

I have a old software program that writes to a floppy disk. it converts file types and loads them onto a floppy disk. At present I am using a physical USB connect floppy drive to my Windows 10 64 bit system however the floppy disks corrupt and crash frequently which is time consuming as the process requires 3 different floppy disks with the converted files loaded sequentially onto them. The converted files are then transfer from the Floppy disk back onto the computer.

Outputted file types are .DAT .LDR .ND

I am hoping was to create a 3 virtual floppy disk drives on my laptop and allow the software to write to the virtual drives. can you recommend any programs that will work with Windows 10 and a 64 Bit system? Thank you

:)

DanielNol, Nov 27, 2018

2. Windows 98 phantom floppy drive preventing real floppy drive from functioning

Here try this

Safe Mode

Start Windows in Safe mode and try to access the floppy disk drive. To start Windows 95 in Safe mode, restart your computer, press the F8 key when you see the "Starting Windows 95" message, and then choose Safe Mode from the Startup menu. To start Windows 98 in Safe mode, restart your computer, press and hold down the CTRL key after your computer completes the Power On Self Test (POST), and then choose Safe Mode from the Startup menu.

If you can access the floppy disk drive, follow these steps:

Use the right mouse button to click My Computer, then click Properties on the menu that appears.
    Click the Device Manager tab.
    Double-click Floppy Disk Controllers.
    Click the floppy disk controller for the drive you are having problems with, then click Properties.
    In Windows 95, click the Original Configuration (Current) check box to clear it. In Windows 98, click the Disable In This Hardware Profile check box to select it. This disables the Windows protected-mode driver for the floppy disk drive controller.
    Click OK.

Restart Windows normally.

If you can access the floppy disk drive successfully after following the above steps, the following conditions may be true:
    The floppy disk drive controller may not be supported in protected mode.
    There are drivers loading in the Config.sys or AUTOEXEC.BAT file that may be necessary for protected-mode access.
    There are drivers loading in the CONFIG.SYS or AUTOEXEC.BAT file that may be causing conflicts in Windows and need to be disabled.

If you still cannot access the floppy disk drive after following steps 1-7, follow these steps:

Use the right mouse button to click My Computer, then click Properties on the menu that appears.
    Click the Device Manager tab.
    Double-click Floppy Disk Controllers.
    Click the floppy disk controller, and then click Remove to remove the controller.
    Click OK.
    In Control Panel, double-click Add New Hardware.
    Click Next, and then click Yes to allow Windows to detect the hardware in your computer.
    When the Add New Hardware Wizard is finished, restart the computer and try to access the floppy disk drive again.
    Redetecting the floppy disk controller should resolve any addressing problems with the controller by detecting the correct address range. If the floppy disk controller is not detected correctly, there may be a problem with the floppy disk controller. If the floppy disk controller is redetected but you still cannot access the floppy disk drive, there may be a problem with the floppy disk.

ThE_MaD_ShOt, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Floppy disk drive and windows 10

This instructions are for windows 7 put it dose work on windows 10

In this day and age, with the fact that most new pc’s do not have floppy drives anymore, as a tech, I still find times where bring out an old reliable floppy is my best way to resolve a problem. Many people still have some “classic” tools that are
    on floppy, or documents or pictures saved on floppy (Before CDRW/DVDRW drives became the norm, floppy disks were the way to store and transfer files).

The problem is that many of the Floppy drives do not have drivers or “official” support for Windows Vista or Windows 7. This post covers just such an issue. I use an Iomega USB drive, and whenever I plug it into my Windows 7 pc’s, I get a message
    that Windows can’t find a driver for my device.

Here are some simple steps to get your drive to work with Vista or W7.

1) When you install the drive you will get the message that your drive needs to find drivers. Just hit Cancel

2) Go to start –> Control Panel –> System –> Device Manager

(Example from Windows 7, Vista may look a little different)

3) When the Device Manager opens you will see a listing for X1DE-USB with a Yellow triangle next to it under Other Devices. On that line item right mouse click (NOTE IM SAYING RIGHT MOUSE) and then select Update Driver software and left mouse click
    (NOTE THAT I SAID LEFT)

4) Now select Browse my computer for driver software

5) Now select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer and click on Next

6) Now you will get a box to select your device type from list, click on “Show All Devices” and click on Next

7) In the following window, for the box on the left select NEC Systems, and then on the right select NEC USB Floppy then click on Next

8 ) You will be told by Windows that “Installing this device driver is not recommended…..” its ok just click on Yes to continue.

9) Lastly you will be told that Windows has successfully updated your driver software.

Now if you look at the Device Manager you will see the listing for Floppy disk drive – Citizen X1DE.

Finally if you look in the My Computer icon, you will see the A: drive listed for your floppy drive

With that you now have a working Floppy USB drive.

Micheal Morris 2, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Virtual Floppy Drive for Windows 10 64bit

Having problems with Floppy drives in Windows 10

Using a Floppy

Drive in Windows 10

­Having problem using a floppy drive in windows:

Connect the floppy drive.

Open the control panel and select devices and printers.

Go to the floppy, right click and select browse and opens up.

Now it is showing in the quick access menu.

The list showing cloud, computer and so forth will now show the floppy drive.

Minimize this window and open the desktop.

Drag the floppy icon to the desktop, using the mouse and now you will have a working shortcut on the desktop and be able to use the floppy drive for templates, Word and Excel templates so on and so on.

Every time you want to use the floppy drive insert floppy in and double click and your ready to use the floppy.

Trial and error is a way of learning and can get some answers to problems with the computer. Be patient when endeavors’ arise.

JohnAnderson8, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Virtual Floppy Drive for Windows 10 64bit

1. Virtual Floppy Drive for Windows 10 64bit - Similar Threads - Virtual Floppy Drive

2. Floppy disk drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floppy disk drive on Windows 10: I recently bought bought a floppy drive off Amazon along with some diskettes, but when trying to format the drive it gives me an error saying "Windows was unable to complete the format". Does anyone have a fix for this?...
  3. Floppy disk drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Floppy disk drive on Windows 10: I recently bought bought a floppy drive off Amazon along with some diskettes, but when trying to format the drive it gives me an error saying "Windows was unable to complete the format". Does anyone have a fix for this?...
  4. Floppy disk drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do you create a Virtual Floppy Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you create a Virtual Floppy Drive?: I need to know how to create a VFD on windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-create-a-virtual-floppy-drive/5a2256f0-389d-4fe9-a7bd-d6386206e091
  6. How do you create a Virtual Floppy Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you create a Virtual Floppy Drive?: I need to know how to create a VFD on windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-create-a-virtual-floppy-drive/5a2256f0-389d-4fe9-a7bd-d6386206e091
  7. External floppy drive

External floppy drive: Will Microsoft ever come out with a driver to support external floppy drives for windows 10 pro? What have you done to windows 10 & 10 pro? So so many people want a answer. * Moved from Mobile Devices...
  8. Windows 10 Floppy drive Not recognized

Windows 10 Floppy drive Not recognized: Trying to use 3.5 in external floppy drive on Win 10. Files are not listed; however, appears to be floppy drive listed under Device Manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-floppy-drive-not-recognized/2a060f77-dd4f-4477-b61e-c732db16b112
  9. USB Floppy Drive

USB Floppy Drive: I have a USB floppy drive that I cannot connect to my desktop. This PC is running Windows 10. In addition this drive is seen in the device Manager but not in the Windows Explorer...
  10. Floppy drive on windows 10 acting weird

Floppy drive on windows 10 acting weird: About a week and a half ago, I bought a Sabrent USB Floppy Drive from Newegg.com. I don't think the disks are broken, but please correct me if so. I plugged in the drive, and put in a 1.44mb floppy disk which was supported by the drive. I then put a couple of files, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtual floppy drive windows 10

2. Virtual Floppy Drive

3. floppy disk driver windows 10

4. windows 64bit floppy driver,
  5. virtual floppy disk windows 10,
  6. windows virtual floppy,
  7. windows 10 floppy drive,
  8. windows 10 virtual floppy,
  9. run floppy drive windows 10,
  10. virtual floppy disk for windows 10 ,
  11. virtual floppy windows 10,