Windows 10: Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?

Discus and support Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? Im running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by m3110w, May 28, 2020.

1. m3110w Win User

Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?

Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? Im running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will hold (link) files from various other folders (directories). Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this? I did some googling and didnt find anything. Thanks.

:)

m3110w, May 28, 2020
  2. Berton Win User

May also be in the Pro edition but displayed differently. Right-clicking those just under This PC shows the same location in C:\Users.

Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app? [​IMG]

Berton, May 29, 2020
  3. m3110w Win User

Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? I’m running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will ‘’hold’’ (link) files from various other folders (directories). Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this? I did some googling and didn’t find anything. Thanks.

m3110w, May 29, 2020
  4. Garyw Win User

Perhaps this is what you had in mind?
    The Complete Guide to Creating Symbolic Links (aka Symlinks) on Windows

Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista all support symbolic links—also known as symlinks—that point to a file or folder on your system. You can create them using the Command Prompt or a third-party tool called Link Shell Extension.

Google "Linked folders windows 10" and you'll find these (and more):

How to take advantage of symbolic links in Windows 10 ...

File and Directory Linking - Win32 apps | Microsoft Docs

Garyw, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app? - Similar Threads - Virtual folders Home

2. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  3. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  4. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 - virtual network drivers issues with 3rd parties virtual drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - virtual network drivers issues with 3rd parties virtual drivers: Hi, I realized than when I installed nMap or Virtual box , starting up the computer the next day caused windows not to get a network config on my eth adapter that, until I used the nw troubleshooter so it appears that win 10 home edition is not capable of working...
  6. 3rd party alternative to Windows 10 Virtual Desktops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    3rd party alternative to Windows 10 Virtual Desktops?: The windows 10 virtual desktop is driving me crazy. If I have a word doc open in desktop 1 and open another word doc in desktop 2, the new doc automatically opens in desktop 1. IK then have to go to the control pane, find the doc, and move it to the appropriate desktop. This...
  7. 3rd party apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3rd party apps not working: 3rd party apps are not working and wont download im not in S mode when I got to activation it says Windows 10 home edition. Anyone know why or have a solution I updated yesterday and steam and stuff quit working today....
  8. Limiting 3rd party programs, apps, and folders on Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Limiting 3rd party programs, apps, and folders on Windows 10: I created a windows account for my child. I set up all the limits for Microsoft apps and time limits. My son is 7. When I log into his account, I see that he has access to all of our hard drives, all applications like Norton, Adobe, etc. I only want him to be able to access...
  9. Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?: Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? I’m running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will ‘’hold’’ (link) files from various other folders (directories). Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this?...
  10. Opening a 3rd party app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening a 3rd party app: I keep getting this message when I click on a link to a purchase, "you'll need a new app to open this mql4buy" I understand Microsoft Store will not have an app for opening this file. The app I purchased works for Meta Trader 4, a platform for forex trading. Can I...