Windows 10: virtual folders in windows 10?

Discus and support virtual folders in windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? I’m running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Advait C, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Advait C Win User

virtual folders in windows 10?

Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? I’m running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will ‘’hold’’ link files from various other folders directories. Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this? I did some googling and didn’t find anything. Thanks.

:)

Advait C, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink virtual folders in windows 10? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Feb 3, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

1. virtual folders in windows 10? - Similar Threads - virtual folders

2. Indexing of a virtual folder cloud files API impossible on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing of a virtual folder cloud files API impossible on Windows: Hello,I use Nextcloud which is using the cloud files API Cloud Sync Engine. In Windows indexing options, I'm usually able to choose which folder to index or not. But I can't see these "virtual" folders the ones using the cloud files API when I click on Modify to choose which...
  3. Indexing of a virtual folder cloud files API impossible on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing of a virtual folder cloud files API impossible on Windows: Hello,I use Nextcloud which is using the cloud files API Cloud Sync Engine. In Windows indexing options, I'm usually able to choose which folder to index or not. But I can't see these "virtual" folders the ones using the cloud files API when I click on Modify to choose which...
  4. Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder: [ATTACH]If you are getting Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder while importing a virtual machine, check out these tips and tricks to get rid of this issue. It appears when you have a corrupted virtual machine hard disk in the...
  5. Why can't the virtual machine access the host's network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't the virtual machine access the host's network folder: Hello,I use hyper-v generation 2 virtual machine.I set two virtual machines and one host machine.Now, this two virtual machines can communicate with each other through Network to shared folders and the host machine can open shared folders through Network. But two Virtual...
  6. How to show an (expandable) folder virtually at high level in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to show an (expandable) folder virtually at high level in Explorer: Hello, OneDrive, for example, is displayed at Desktop level. It functions there as an (expandable) folder even though it is of course not the true location. It also shows up in the right explorer pane of Desktop as an object. Parallels manages to display another "virtual"...
  7. Is the OneDrive folder on Windows 10 PC actual or virtual?

Is the OneDrive folder on Windows 10 PC actual or virtual?: So when you look in File Explorer and navigate to "c:\users\[myuser]\OneDrive", is that an actual folder on the PC or is it some sort of mapping that is just referring to the OneDrive in the cloud?...
  8. Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?: Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? Im running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will hold (link) files from various other folders (directories). Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this? I did...
  9. Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?: Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? I’m running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will ‘’hold’’ (link) files from various other folders (directories). Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this?...
  10. Unable to Access Shared Folder via Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Unable to Access Shared Folder via Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I have a Hyper-V virtual machine that uses a default switch, which is an internal virtual switch and connects to a virtual adapter called vEthernet on the Windows 10 host. Using the IP address of the vEthernet adapter, I have no problem pinging the host machine from both the...