Windows 10: Virtual key stuck down even if keyboard is unplugged

Discus and support Virtual key stuck down even if keyboard is unplugged in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am periodically experiencing an issue where the o button starts typing itself continuously until I either restart or lock the PC. It's not a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Treeboydave, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Virtual key stuck down even if keyboard is unplugged

Hi,

I am periodically experiencing an issue where the o button starts typing itself continuously until I either restart or lock the PC. It's not a keyboard issue, since it happens whether the keyboard is plugged in or not, even with a different keyboard.

Is there a way of finding out which application is sending these keypresses?

I haven't yet found a way of triggering it, but once it starts, it happens quite often after each time I stop it.

Please ask if you need any more info.

Thanks!

:)

Treeboydave, Aug 21, 2015
  2. rl1979 Win User

Shift keys stuck down

I Will also explain

tried two keyboards

deleted software > reinstalled

No sticky keys on

Booted in safe mode > restarted > worked for one minute with no shift keys

I know this is a windows error as unplugging keyboard both virtual keys are held down still

rl1979, Aug 21, 2015
  3. kivlighn Win User
    am stuck using virtual keyboard after last microsoft update disabled multiple keys on keyboard. please fix asap.

am stuck using virtual keyboard after last microsoft update disabled multiple keys on keyboard. please fix asap.

kivlighn, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Virtual key stuck down even if keyboard is unplugged

Disregard my fix would only be for a laptop

5. BReeves Win User
    OP said he tried another keyboard.

Any other USB devices plugged in, maybe something is faulty that is emulating a keyboard. Have you tried another mouse?

BReeves, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Virtual key stuck down even if keyboard is unplugged

1. Virtual key stuck down even if keyboard is unplugged - Similar Threads - Virtual key stuck

2. My pc keeps thinking the LALT key is pressed down even if I unplug the keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc keeps thinking the LALT key is pressed down even if I unplug the keyboard: About 2 weeks ago I started a game when I noticed, I couldn't execute most of the commands by pressing the normal keys. I went into the 'controls' menu, to see if any keybinds were deleted trying to rebind them. Everytime I reset the binding, it instantly bound the key with...
  3. My pc keeps thinking the LALT key is pressed down even if I unplug the keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps thinking the LALT key is pressed down even if I unplug the keyboard: About 2 weeks ago I started a game when I noticed, I couldn't execute most of the commands by pressing the normal keys. I went into the 'controls' menu, to see if any keybinds were deleted trying to rebind them. Everytime I reset the binding, it instantly bound the key with...
  4. My pc keeps thinking the LALT key is pressed down even if I unplug the keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ctrl key stuck on even when keyboard unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl key stuck on even when keyboard unplugged: Hi there, I’m stumped. Two weeks ago, my computerstarting behaving odd: -my mouse wheel was zooming apps in and out -when working on text documents the last thing I had copiedwould suddenly paste infinitely -none of my letters worked to type -when I started to look on the...
  6. Keyboard issue. Windows key suddenly virtually ‘stuck’

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard issue. Windows key suddenly virtually ‘stuck’: Out of the blue, I go to type on my keyboard and suddenly it’s only typing windows shortcuts. For instance, r would open run, f would open feedback, s would open start. I unplugged my keyboard and plugged it back in. Now types normally for the most part but now it doesn’t...
  7. Ctrl key stuck on even when keyboard removed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl key stuck on even when keyboard removed: I recently cleaned my normal keyboard by removing the caps and spraying them with disinfectant. When im plugged my keyboard back in it acted if the ctrl key was constantly down. I tried restarting several times and nothing worked. I plugged in a second keyboard which worked...
  8. Ctrl key stuck on even when keyboard removed

Ctrl key stuck on even when keyboard removed: I recently cleaned my normal keyboard by removing the caps and spraying them with disinfectant. When im plugged my keyboard back in it acted if the ctrl key was constantly down. I tried restarting several times and nothing worked. I plugged in a second keyboard which worked...
  9. Phantom Keyboard: '=' key repeatedly pressed even when keyboard is unplugged: Narrowed down...

Phantom Keyboard: '=' key repeatedly pressed even when keyboard is unplugged: Narrowed down...: Hi, I am using the latest version of Windows 10. Last night my computer began typing '=' repeatedly. It starts slow, then speeds up and eventually slows down again. The problem persists even when I unplug my keyboard. In lulls of rapid fire '=' I am able to login and...
  10. One key not registering on keyboard, not even on virtual keyboard.

One key not registering on keyboard, not even on virtual keyboard.: The key for the equal sign isn't working on my keyboard, and just now I found out it won't work with the windows accesibility tools virtual keyboard. Strangely, the + sign works, even though it's the same key with shift pressed down. The keyboard works correctly on other 3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete key stuck even when keyboard unplugged

2. scroll key stuck even with keyboard unplugged

3. keyboard issue key stuck unplugged