Windows 10: Virtual Keyboard does not produce input

Discus and support Virtual Keyboard does not produce input in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My physical keyboard is not producing input in Windows 10, so I used my mouse to click through and pull up the virtual keyboard. I tried inputting into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Barbara Force, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Virtual Keyboard does not produce input

My physical keyboard is not producing input in Windows 10, so I used my mouse to click through and pull up the virtual keyboard. I tried inputting into Word, Cortana, and settings, but no text appears.I am trying to connect to the internet, and not only can I not produce keyboard input, but whenever I click from the Password box to the virtual keyboard, the connection settings close. Is there no other place in Settings to open the Networks and WiFi available? Did nobody see this as an issue? I can't acccess our WiFi and password input from the Connection Settings in the Settings area - it just

:)

Barbara Force, Sep 28, 2022

2. Arabic keyboard

Installed Arabic Egypt Package and selected as default language

• In Arabic, only the Alphabet can type and input in the application. The input of numeric characters is in English.
    • The same results were obtained when I tried it on the notepad.
    • Data entered with a virtual keyboard produced the same results

Suyog Hirdekar, Sep 28, 2022
  3. virtual keyboard

I have recently acquiredthe 5230 and cannot access the virtual keyboard from the keyboard icon in messaging I only get the handwriting /alphanumeric option to choose when the keyboard icon is touched. I don't to have a "text input" option in "settings"
    as I have seen this suggested in other answers to keyboard problems but these were for differnt phones.Appreciate any advice.

gouch---01, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Virtual Keyboard does not produce input

Virtual Keyboard @ sign

Why is the virtual keyboard of windows 10 closing when entering the @ sign, and/or how to prevent this from happening?

Application: any desktop application (e.g. Edge, chrome, windows settings, windows explorer... ans so on)

Tablet mode on/off does not matter

Steps to reproduce:

- put the focus into any text node (input field) to open up the virtual keyboard

- start writing an email address eg "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"

Outcome:

- at step 2. after pressing the @-sign the keyboard will close and the user needs to refocus into the text input field

Expected:

- user should be able to write a complete email address without being interrupted

udomorgenstern, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Virtual Keyboard does not produce input

1. Virtual Keyboard does not produce input - Similar Threads - Virtual Keyboard does

2. Windows 10 not recognising proper Keyboard inputs virtual or physical

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not recognising proper Keyboard inputs virtual or physical: Good day,The laptop in question has been in service since 2014, changed the keyboard in 2018 due to some hardware issue. So I have encountered keyboard issues before.This one however baffles me completely. Windows 10 won't validate keyboard inputs from the On-Screen Keyboard...
  3. Windows 10 not recognising proper Keyboard inputs virtual or physical

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not recognising proper Keyboard inputs virtual or physical: Good day,The laptop in question has been in service since 2014, changed the keyboard in 2018 due to some hardware issue. So I have encountered keyboard issues before.This one however baffles me completely. Windows 10 won't validate keyboard inputs from the On-Screen Keyboard...
  4. Windows 10 not recognising proper Keyboard inputs virtual or physical

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs: Recently, the start menu has been unresponsive to keyboard inputs. I cannot enter letters to search items, pressing escape does not exit out of the menu, etc. It is working fine with every other app and windows but just not on windows default apps and start menu.The mouse is...
  6. Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs: Recently, the start menu has been unresponsive to keyboard inputs. I cannot enter letters to search items, pressing escape does not exit out of the menu, etc. It is working fine with every other app and windows but just not on windows default apps and start menu.The mouse is...
  7. Virtual Keyboard does not produce input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Keyboard does not produce input: My physical keyboard is not producing input in Windows 10, so I used my mouse to click through and pull up the virtual keyboard. I tried inputting into Word, Cortana, and settings, but no text appears.I am trying to connect to the internet, and not only can I not produce...
  8. Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs: Hi there.Recently, the start menu has been unresponsive to keyboard inputs. I cannot enter letters to search items, pressing escape does not exit out of the menu, etc.The mouse is still recognized and usable.This issue occurred out of nowhere. I have not edited any files or...
  9. Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Does Not Recognize Keyboard Inputs: Hi there.Recently, the start menu has been unresponsive to keyboard inputs. I cannot enter letters to search items, pressing escape does not exit out of the menu, etc.The mouse is still recognized and usable.This issue occurred out of nowhere. I have not edited any files or...
  10. WIN10 keyboard input does not work; Microsoft office 2010 keyboard input does work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10 keyboard input does not work; Microsoft office 2010 keyboard input does work.: After WIN10 boot, Cortina, CMD window, and Windows Setup search will not take local or remote keyboard input. However Microsoft Office 2010 apps do take both local and remote keyboard input. Any suggestions?...