Windows 10: Virtual Keyboard - keeps enabling alt key. How do I uninstall this?

Discus and support Virtual Keyboard - keeps enabling alt key. How do I uninstall this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It always does this. I've clean installed, tried everything I can think of. It is so annoying. I don't even use the virtual keyboard. Is there a way I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rettribution, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Virtual Keyboard - keeps enabling alt key. How do I uninstall this?

It always does this. I've clean installed, tried everything I can think of. It is so annoying. I don't even use the virtual keyboard. Is there a way I can just uninstall it?

submitted by /u/rettribution
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rettribution, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 14, 2020
  3. ALT Key is Virtually Held Down

So about a week ago, I noticed that my keyboard started acting strange. For the record, I'm using a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard, but that doesn't matter because this happens on all keyboards that i've tried. The problem is, whenever I press the Windows
    key and the Alt key, my Alt key becomes 'virtually' stuck. This means i can't input any text, the computer essentially thinks i'm holding down the Alt key.

• I know it's not a sticky key because I tried this on different keyboards.
    • I know it's the Alt key because I looked up the Alt key shortcuts for Microsoft Edge and they all match (For example, pressing the D key highlights the address bar), and double clicking on Desktop shortcuts will open their properties.
    • It's not Sticky Keys or any of those settings on Windows because, you know, that's the first thing i checked...
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the Keyboard Drivers didn't help.
    • Virus scans showed everything was fine.
    • I've checked everywhere online for solutions and there doesn't seem to be anyone with a solution (or even my exact problem).
    The weirdest part is the solution: I have to open the on-screen keyboard, click on the Windows key twice, then logout with Win + L and log back in and everything is back to normal (for now). Another solution that worked for a little while was uninstalling
    Razer SDK Core Components, but then even without Razer software, this problem would occur. This wouldn't just occur when i pressed Win + Alt however, it would still happen after a random amount of time and i would have to do that on-screen keyboard method
    to fix it. It would even happen while starting up my computer, preventing me from inputting my password, and it even occurred when i was trying to reinstall windows.

I just factory reset my whole computer and lo and behold, this problem is still here. I'm about to lose my mind at this point. What on Earth could POSSIBLY be causing this to happen. If it's a problem with my motherboard or something, how can I even check/fix
    that. If formatting my HDD and SSD and reinstalling Windows didn't work, then what is the problem.

TLVirtual Keyboard - keeps enabling alt key. How do I uninstall this? :DR - Pressing Windows Key and Alt simultaneously causes my Alt key to be held down virtually.

o T Slice o, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Virtual Keyboard - keeps enabling alt key. How do I uninstall this?

Alt / Alt Gr keys are not working on physical keyboard

Hi

My ASUS Laptop's ALT and ALT GR keys are not working. It happened when I installed a Free Software named iSkySoft... That program is now uninstalled, but it still shows up in the StartUp list ( as deactivated though )

My on-screen keyborad works as well as an external USB Keyboard.

I have tried Clean Boot - no luck

I have reinstalled the keyboard driver - no luck

I ran Malwarebytes - no luck

I read that a lot of people ran into this problem, and I have followed many suggestions, without succes..

The only things I can relate to this is the iSkySoft installation or when I restart my PC, sometimes it let me choose between WIN 10 ( disc 3 ) or...... WIN 10 ( disc 3 )... ??? Somehow I have 2 identical versions of WIN 10.. Maybe thats it ??

I did install the iSkySoft late November 2016, and when I look at my list of programs, no other programs are installed near that date..

Any suggestions Virtual Keyboard - keeps enabling alt key. How do I uninstall this? :)

/ Thomas

NB - It doesn't work in any programs

ThomasSvenningsen, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Virtual Keyboard - keeps enabling alt key. How do I uninstall this?

1. Virtual Keyboard - keeps enabling alt key. How do I uninstall this? - Similar Threads - Virtual Keyboard keeps

2. How do I enable Virtual Machine Platoform?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I enable Virtual Machine Platoform?: I'm trying to use the Windows subsystem for Android on my Surface Go 3, the virtualisation seems to be enabled from the taskbar but when trying to start the Windows subsystem for Android it says "Make sure that virtualisation is enabled in the BIOS and that the Virtual...
  3. How do I modify on-screen keyboard key, Alt, to make it a toggle key. I want to use Alt+4...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I modify on-screen keyboard key, Alt, to make it a toggle key. I want to use Alt+4...: See question in title box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-modify-on-screen-keyboard-key-alt-to-make/21d24a64-2a05-4fad-bee1-a7314ecfa826
  4. How do I modify on-screen keyboard key, Alt, to make it a toggle key. I want to use Alt+4...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I modify on-screen keyboard key, Alt, to make it a toggle key. I want to use Alt+4...: See question in title box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-modify-on-screen-keyboard-key-alt-to-make/21d24a64-2a05-4fad-bee1-a7314ecfa826
  5. How do I modify on-screen keyboard key, Alt, to make it a toggle key. I want to use Alt+4...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. HOW TO ENABLE VIRTUALIZATION

HOW TO ENABLE VIRTUALIZATION: Hi, May you help me to enable virtualisation setting on my WINDOWS 10 HP PC ? But I am not getting System Configuration option when I click F10 at the starting of boot process. [IMG] [IMG]...
  7. how do i enable virtualization?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i enable virtualization?: how do i enable virtualization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-virtualization/5829867f-e242-4527-bc6e-401ba8544e4b
  8. ALT Key is Virtually Held Down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ALT Key is Virtually Held Down: So about a week ago, I noticed that my keyboard started acting strange. For the record, I'm using a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard, but that doesn't matter because this happens on all keyboards that i've tried. The problem is, whenever I press the Windows key and the Alt...
  9. How do I enable or disable Alt Gr key on Windows 10 keyboard

in Windows 10 News
    How do I enable or disable Alt Gr key on Windows 10 keyboard: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many keyboards and the on the laptops carry multi-function keys. They usually help to combine keys or enable an elevated extra key marked on the keyboard. If you have seen extra keys marked on a key, i.e., in the image [...] This post How do I enable or...
  10. How to enable ALT + SHIFT for changing keyboard layout?

How to enable ALT + SHIFT for changing keyboard layout?: Hi I'm having problems making ALT + SHIFT change my keyboard layout. According to numerous guides I'm supposed to be able to set the language bar hotkey somewhere in the control panel under Region/Language but that option no longer exists - at least not where it used to...