Windows 10: virtual keyboard not popping up using Chrome on Surface pro 4

Discus and support virtual keyboard not popping up using Chrome on Surface pro 4 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My virtual keyboard will not pop up when I click in the search boxes using Chrome. It works fine when using Edge. I have tried changing things in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hank1111, Oct 12, 2019.

1. hank1111 Win User

virtual keyboard not popping up using Chrome on Surface pro 4

My virtual keyboard will not pop up when I click in the search boxes using Chrome. It works fine when using Edge. I have tried changing things in the settings but nothing has helped. It is very annoying and I wonder if anyone has a fix. It worked several months ago but will not work now.

:)

hank1111, Oct 12, 2019

2. Surface Pro Virtual Keyboard Shortcut

On the Surface Pro virtual keyboard, where is the delete key (forward backspace) for use in editing text?

***Moved from Surface / Surface Pro / Getting started / Windows 10***

Brannan16J, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Oct 12, 2019
  4. virtual keyboard not popping up using Chrome on Surface pro 4

Surface Pro Virtual Keyboard Shortcut

First 4 steps above were easy. thank you. Fifth step I didn't find in Region & Language settings category. I searched for keyboard settings but did not find an option to make the change you indicated. Again, are we talking about changes to the Surface
    Pro on screen keyboard? Still trying to find that delete key or a shortcut to it which is so helpful in editing text.

Brannan16J, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

virtual keyboard not popping up using Chrome on Surface pro 4

1. virtual keyboard not popping up using Chrome on Surface pro 4 - Similar Threads - virtual keyboard popping

2. Surface Pro Dictation Pop Up

in Cortana
    Surface Pro Dictation Pop Up: I'm just trying to draw, but every time I swing my pen around to the eraser and it gets within range of the screen, this obnoxious pop up is clogging things up, saying "To use dictation, go to settings and turn on online speech recognition". I've gone all through the settings...
  3. Surface Pro 4 keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 keyboard and mouse: Because my keyboard touch pad was not responding I purchased a bluetooth mouse. When the mouse is connected my sound quits working. When I turn off the bluetooth to unpair the mouse the sound comes back. I made sure there were no updates that I needed to install. Can anyone...
  4. Surface Pro 4 keyboard turning on and off

Surface Pro 4 keyboard turning on and off: I have a surface pro four, and the keyboard it came with that I've been using since I got it suddenly started acting up, about an hour ago. It's been turning on and off, at seemingly random intervals, even though I've done what others have suggested for simmilar problems...
  5. surface pro keyboard and Microsoft wireless Bluetooth keyboard not working with surface pro 4

surface pro keyboard and Microsoft wireless Bluetooth keyboard not working with surface pro 4: I am having trouble with both of my keyboards the tablet cover and the wireless. I bought a new tablet cover thinking it was the old one and that did not work either. Then I connected it to the docking station where I use the Microsoft wireless keyboard and that is not...
  6. Connecting keyboard to surface 4 pro

Connecting keyboard to surface 4 pro: I cannot get my keyboard to connect anymore to my surface pro 4. I re-set to default but this didn't help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-keyboard-to-surface-4-pro/b51b8035-a4b2-4f33-9640-17bf07822dc9
  7. Surface Pro 4 keyboard KEYS NOT WORKING

Surface Pro 4 keyboard KEYS NOT WORKING: Hallo Certain KEYS on My Surface Pro4 keyboard are not working. have a look at the Surface Pro4 Keyboard against what i have typed below and it will give you a clear indication of which keys are not working. KEYBOARD KEYS THAT ARE WORKING : THE MISSING GAPS SHOWS THE...
  8. Surface Pro 4 Keyboard malfunction

Surface Pro 4 Keyboard malfunction: My Surface Pro Keyboard Cover is behaving badly. When I boot the computer, it randomly sends strings of characters to the computer. Usually it does this at the login screen, producing an incorrect password before I can even input the correct one. I have been able to log in...
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro virtual keyboard settings