Windows 10: Virtual Keyboard on Windows 10 Won't Come Up in Chrome

Discus and support Virtual Keyboard on Windows 10 Won't Come Up in Chrome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the Windows 10 .228 patch, the virtual keyboard will not come up when a search box is clicked in Chrome. Worked fine < .228. Where can this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrianFitzgerald1, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Virtual Keyboard on Windows 10 Won't Come Up in Chrome

After the Windows 10 .228 patch, the virtual keyboard will not come up when a search box is clicked in Chrome. Worked fine < .228.

Where can this bug be submitted for a fix? This is a critical error for anyone using a Windows 10 touch device.

:)

BrianFitzgerald1, Dec 21, 2018

2. A program won't come to the foreground (Windows 10)

I have a program (QGIS, which uses QT5) that will not come to the foreground. It starts maximized (that's fine) but it stays behind all my other programs. It can be focused, and I can work in QGIS, but any non-minimized programs stay in front of it.

I have tried the AutoHotKey script suggested in an answer in this post:
    Program windows won't come to foreground when selected in Windows 8.1 but it didn't help.

HeyOverThere, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Virtual Keyboard @ sign

Why is the virtual keyboard of windows 10 closing when entering the @ sign, and/or how to prevent this from happening?

Application: any desktop application (e.g. Edge, chrome, windows settings, windows explorer... ans so on)

Tablet mode on/off does not matter

Steps to reproduce:

- put the focus into any text node (input field) to open up the virtual keyboard

- start writing an email address eg "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"

Outcome:

- at step 2. after pressing the @-sign the keyboard will close and the user needs to refocus into the text input field

Expected:

- user should be able to write a complete email address without being interrupted

udomorgenstern, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Virtual Keyboard on Windows 10 Won't Come Up in Chrome

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Virtual Keyboard on Windows 10 Won't Come Up in Chrome

1. Virtual Keyboard on Windows 10 Won't Come Up in Chrome - Similar Threads - Virtual Keyboard Won't

2. Bing keeps coming up in google chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing keeps coming up in google chrome: So I’ve recently got a new laptop and updated to windows 11. I use it on my school account for Microsoft 365. For the past few days, every time I go to make a search in google chrome on all 3 of my windows devices it redirects my results to Bing or yahoo. I’ve restored...
  3. Bing keeps coming up in google chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing keeps coming up in google chrome: So I’ve recently got a new laptop and updated to windows 11. I use it on my school account for Microsoft 365. For the past few days, every time I go to make a search in google chrome on all 3 of my windows devices it redirects my results to Bing or yahoo. I’ve restored...
  4. Virtual keyboard in laptop - windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual keyboard in laptop - windows 10: Hi all,Two of my keys on laptop keyword [ windows 10] are not working, and I am using virtual keyboard for them now.is there a way to pin only select keys of virtual keyboard [ two in my case] instead of having full virtual keyboard on?thanks,verma...
  5. "customize virtual desktop options" no longer comes up on 20H2 after entering "virtual" on...

"customize virtual desktop options" no longer comes up on 20H2 after entering "virtual" on...: After getting a new computer with 20H2 already installed I tried to set the options for virtual desktops that formerly were available via "Customize virtual desktop settings", which was easily evoked by entering "virtual" in the Settings search bar. Now that search returns...
  6. Chrome to work better with Windows 10 emoji picker, virtual keyboard

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome to work better with Windows 10 emoji picker, virtual keyboard: Thanks to the changes made by both Microsoft and Google, it’s very fast to launch the emoji panel in Google Chrome. As you may be aware, there are two ways to insert emoji in Chrome – bring up Windows 10’s built-in emoji picker using Win + period keyboard shortcut or...
  7. Windows 10 touch/virtual keyboard

Windows 10 touch/virtual keyboard: [IMG]Hi, i have a question regarding MS touch/virtual keyboard. i need to change key layout not language or restrict icons on the keyboard. We are using ms10 with kiosk mode browser and everything works apart from option where user have access to the desktop by simply...
  8. virtual keyboard not popping up using Chrome on Surface pro 4

virtual keyboard not popping up using Chrome on Surface pro 4: My virtual keyboard will not pop up when I click in the search boxes using Chrome. It works fine when using Edge. I have tried changing things in the settings but nothing has helped. It is very annoying and I wonder if anyone has a fix. It worked several months ago but will...
  9. Gmail won't come up

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail won't come up: The google email page won't come up so I can open my email. Says they have blocked it because I might be getting hacked Is there a way to get this off and open my mail??? Thanks 49645
  10. Virtual Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Keyboard: No big deal, but I was just wondering why the virtual keyboard only appears about 1 time out of 10 when one logs on. It seems that when the keyboard was added as part of an update it worked every time. Is there a way to set it to appear every time, or is this just another Win...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtual keyboard wont stay up in chrome

2. why wont keyboard come up windows

3. chrome virtual keyboard