Windows 10: Virtual Keyboard Pops Up at Lock Screen Despite Being Disabled After Digital Tablet...

Discus and support Virtual Keyboard Pops Up at Lock Screen Despite Being Disabled After Digital Tablet... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have exactly the same issue as Colxie had a few months ago in the thread, "On screen keyboard appears at login screen after installing xp pen graphic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wandrian, Apr 29, 2020.

1. wandrian Win User

Virtual Keyboard Pops Up at Lock Screen Despite Being Disabled After Digital Tablet...

I have exactly the same issue as Colxie had a few months ago in the thread, "On screen keyboard appears at login screen after installing xp pen graphic tablet drivers", right down to the brand of digital tablet, but that thread has been locked and the solution did not work for me. As you can see from the screen shot below, my ShowTabletKeyboard is already set to zero. It is disabled in all of the settings, and enabling and re-disabling + restarting has no effect.

Virtual Keyboard Pops Up at Lock Screen Despite Being Disabled After Digital Tablet... [​IMG]

:)

wandrian, Apr 29, 2020

2. how do I disable on screen keyboard in windows 10 ?

This does NOT work as there is no option to disable the virtual keyboard in Ease of Access

Windows 10 Pro

Build no: 10586.1007

Ver: 1511

This **** VIRTUAL KEYBOARD is a major pain in the ass!

Is there a registry edit that can kill it, PERMANENTLY

Thank You (I hope)

DavidSheedy, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Tablet mode in Windows 10 -- No virtual keyboard?

Hi JEFF BELL-HANSON,

I had the same problem. The touch keyboard would not work any more. I had not changed anything other then updating windows 10. I found the solution to the problem Here Windows
    10 touch keyboard not popping up? Fix it!

"How to make the Windows 10 touch keyboard pop up automatically:
    • Press WinKey + R to pop up the “Run” menu and enter services.msc

Virtual Keyboard Pops Up at Lock Screen Despite Being Disabled After Digital Tablet... [​IMG]

• Hit OK and you will reach the Services panel. There in the list, find Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service.
    • Right click and select Properties. In the General tab, change the Startup Type to Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start). Either of those will do.
    • Now check if the keyboard pops up when you try to enter text.
    • If it does not, restart your computer and see if it works.
    • If it still does not, again go to the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service and open properties. This time, open the Dependencies tab and you will find a list of processes quoted as “The service depends on the following
      components”.
    • Now close the properties window and check the list of Services and make sure that the services mentioned above are either “Running” or in “Automatic” mode. If they are disabled, you should enable them.
    • Now again find the Touch Keyboard service and enable it as Automatic.
    • See if this works for you!"
    I hope this helps.

It worked for me!!!!!!!!! thanks!!

DonteBailey, Apr 29, 2020
  4. buddy267 Win User

Virtual Keyboard Pops Up at Lock Screen Despite Being Disabled After Digital Tablet...

Tablet mode in Windows 10 -- No virtual keyboard?

Hi JEFF BELL-HANSON,

I had the same problem. The touch keyboard would not work any more. I had not changed anything other then updating windows 10. I found the solution to the problem Here Windows
    10 touch keyboard not popping up? Fix it!

"How to make the Windows 10 touch keyboard pop up automatically:
    • Press WinKey + R to pop up the “Run” menu and enter services.msc

• Hit OK and you will reach the Services panel. There in the list, find Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service.
    • Right click and select Properties. In the General tab, change the Startup Type to Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start). Either of those will do.
    • Now check if the keyboard pops up when you try to enter text.
    • If it does not, restart your computer and see if it works.
    • If it still does not, again go to the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service and open properties. This time, open the Dependencies tab and you will find a list of processes quoted as “The service depends on the following
      components”.
    • Now close the properties window and check the list of Services and make sure that the services mentioned above are either “Running” or in “Automatic” mode. If they are disabled, you should enable them.
    • Now again find the Touch Keyboard service and enable it as Automatic.
    • See if this works for you!"
    I hope this helps.

buddy267, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Virtual Keyboard Pops Up at Lock Screen Despite Being Disabled After Digital Tablet... - Similar Threads - Virtual Keyboard Pops

2. Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users Touch screen virtual keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users Touch screen virtual keyboard: Hi all,I have an issue with touch screen virtual keyboard not On screen keyboard, that in one user tablet it's perfectly fine but on two users tablet the layout is little bit differnet.The tablets are identically.Is there any config in registry that i can change that change...
  3. Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users Touch screen virtual keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users Touch screen virtual keyboard: Hi all,I have an issue with touch screen virtual keyboard not On screen keyboard, that in one user tablet it's perfectly fine but on two users tablet the layout is little bit differnet.The tablets are identically.Is there any config in registry that i can change that change...
  4. on screen keyboard keeps popping up even after disabling it in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    on screen keyboard keeps popping up even after disabling it in settings: How do I disable the keyboard that keeps popping up on sctreen. I have disabled the on screen keyboard in serttings already but it keeps popping up and it makes filling out forms online an absolute nighmare. - you have to click off, then find the text box again, then as soon...
  5. on screen keyboard keeps popping up even after disabling it in settings

on screen keyboard keeps popping up even after disabling it in settings: How do I disable the keyboard that keeps popping up on sctreen. I have disabled the on screen keyboard in serttings already but it keeps popping up and it makes filling out forms online an absolute nighmare. - you have to click off, then find the text box again, then as soon...
  6. How to disable the Num Lock Pop-up On-screen Notification v2.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the Num Lock Pop-up On-screen Notification v2.0: I have scoured these forums and the net for the answer to this question and have done everything that was suggested:General Settings Gear --> Ease of Access:Control Panel, Ease of Access which seems to be the same as the above, but whatever:Advanced Display Properties Which...
  7. Windows Mixed Reality virtual keyboard pops up even after disabling touch keyboard services...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality virtual keyboard pops up even after disabling touch keyboard services...: I am using mouse and keyboard in Windows Mixed Reality. When my keyboard gains focus of a text field, the virtual keyboard pops up. I am trying to disable it completely but there is no setting to do so. I have tried searching in registry, checking with on-screen keyboard...
  8. Windows Mixed Reality virtual keyboard pops up even after disabling touch keyboard services...

Windows Mixed Reality virtual keyboard pops up even after disabling touch keyboard services...: I am using mouse and keyboard in Windows Mixed Reality. When my keyboard gains focus of a text field, the virtual keyboard pops up. I am trying to disable it completely but there is no setting to do so. I have tried searching in registry, checking with on-screen keyboard...
  9. Virtual keyboard popping up in lock screen, help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual keyboard popping up in lock screen, help: I read that this can be caused by a digital art tablet's drivers, I plugged in my tablet (wacom bamboo) before I restarted my laptop and noticed this happen so it might be plausible, i hope thats just the case but this has never happened before in the few times I've plugged...
  10. Adobe Bridge popping up at startup despite being disabled

Adobe Bridge popping up at startup despite being disabled: Thanks, Steve C. There was no need to use Autoruns, which I have had installed for years, since a solution lay within Bridge's own Preferences. Just why Bridge recently decided to pop up when Win 10 started remains a mystery.