Windows 10: Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running

Discus and support Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to get Ubuntu running in Hyper-V. I have enabled the virtualization option in my BIOS. I have enabled the Hyper-V checkbox in "Turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/unabatedshagie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running

I'm trying to get Ubuntu running in Hyper-V.

• I have enabled the virtualization option in my BIOS.
    • I have enabled the Hyper-V checkbox in "Turn Windows features on or off" and I can create the virtual machine but it errors when I try and start it.

When I Google the error everything tells me to enter

bcdedit /set HypervisorLaunchType auto

as Administrator, I have rebooted my machine after and when I check bcdedit I can see HypervisorLaunchType is set to auto

I'm not sure what else to try. Does anyone have any ideas?

submitted by /u/unabatedshagie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/unabatedshagie, Aug 18, 2020

2. Virtual Machine is not starting because Hypervisor is not running

Virtual Machine is not starting because Hypervisor is not running.

Any suggestion?

Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running 6b44dcbf-851a-407b-8e6a-1860efc4d936.png

ArchanaBhimireddy, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Steve2151 Win User
    Windows hypervisor is not running

Everytime I do a startup, I get a:

"# Localized 03/19/2019 02:32 AM (GMT) 303:6.40.10831 Hyper-V.psd1

#

# Hyper-V BPA Localization File

#

ConvertFrom-StringData @'

###PSLOC - Start Localization

rule1_Title=Windows hypervisor must be running

rule1_Problem=Windows hypervisor is not running.

rule1_Impact=Virtual machines cannot be started until Windows hypervisor is running.

rule1_Resolution=Check the Hyper-V-Hypervisor event log for information.

rule1_Compliant=The Hyper-V Best Practices Analyzer scan has determined that you are in compliance with this best practice.

rule2_Title=The Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management Service must be running

rule2_Problem=The service required to manage virtual machines is not running.

rule2_Impact=No virtual machine management operations can be performed until the service is started.

rule2_Resolution=Use the Services snap-in, the Set-Service cmdlet, or sc config command-line tool to reconfigure the service to start automatically.

rule2_Compliant=The Hyper-V Best Practices Analyzer scan has determined that you are in compliance with this best practice..." msg. from Win 10 Pro. I have manually started Hyper V Manager and installed Win 10 dev Enviorment and then get: "Can't start because
    Hypervisor isn't running..."

This is driving me NUTS...Can anyone help??

Steve2151, Aug 18, 2020
  4. DionYR Win User

Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running

Window sandbox fail to start 0x800706d9 (Hypervisor/Virtual Machine Support Driver element not found)

When I run the sandbox, error 0x800706d9 displayed

From the event viewer

The Container Manager Service service depends on the HV Host Service service which failed to start because of the following error:

The dependency service or group failed to start.

The HV Host Service service depends on the Hypervisor/Virtual Machine Support Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

Element not found.

The Hypervisor/Virtual Machine Support Driver service failed to start due to the following error:

Element not found.

DionYR, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running

1. Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running - Similar Threads - Virtual Machine started

2. Undervolting with hypervisor / virtual machine for WSL2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undervolting with hypervisor / virtual machine for WSL2: Hi MS community,I'd like to undervolt my CPU while running CFD on a laptop. The reduction in core temperatures achievable with an undervolt improves performance by limiting or eliminating throttling. I have found that Windows 11 appears to restrict the ability of software...
  3. Undervolting with hypervisor / virtual machine for WSL2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undervolting with hypervisor / virtual machine for WSL2: Hi MS community,I'd like to undervolt my CPU while running CFD on a laptop. The reduction in core temperatures achievable with an undervolt improves performance by limiting or eliminating throttling. I have found that Windows 11 appears to restrict the ability of software...
  4. Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server: Am getting the above error when trying to start virtual machines on my server running windows server 2012 R2. They were working fine but we had an unexpected shutdown due to power outage. I have tried the solutions below but none worked.Restarting the Hyper V Virtual Machine...
  5. Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server

Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server: Am getting the above error when trying to start virtual machines on my server running windows server 2012 R2. They were working fine but we had an unexpected shutdown due to power outage. I have tried the solutions below but none worked.Restarting the Hyper V Virtual Machine...
  6. Error 0x80370102 The Virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not...

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x80370102 The Virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not...: [ATTACH]While starting Windows Subsystem for Linux on your Windows computer, if you get an error saying Error: 0x80370102 The Virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed, follow these steps to fix the issue. It is quite common when you...
  7. "The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed" on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed" on...: I have virtualisation enabled in my BIOS and I have WSL enabled in Windows Features, but when I try to install Ubuntu I get the following error....
  8. "The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed" on...

"The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed" on...: I have virtualisation enabled in my BIOS and I have WSL enabled in Windows Features, but when I try to install Ubuntu I get the following error....
  9. Windows Hypervisor Platform and Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Hypervisor Platform and Virtual Machine Platform: I have "ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT” with “AMD Ryzen 5 3550H” with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2100 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 running on “Windows 10 Home 2004” I wanted to run AVD in Android Studio for that: I enabled “SVM” in BIOS BIOS...
  10. Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running: Hi all, Title says it all. I'm using Win10 Enterprise edition Insider Preview 15007 on an Intel Core 2 duo based notebook with 4gb ram. When I tried hyper-v some months ago, it succeeded. I don't know why it doesn't run. Intel Virtualization Technology is on according...