Windows 10: Virtual machine/drive WIN10

Discus and support Virtual machine/drive WIN10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me how to create a virtual drive in WIN10, been referred to Hyper-V file but does not exist on my system. I want to install older win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bilmac2491, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Virtual machine/drive WIN10

Can anyone tell me how to create a virtual drive in WIN10, been referred to Hyper-V file but does not exist on my system. I want to install older win versions on my computer.

:)

bilmac2491, Apr 2, 2020

2. Virtual Machine in Win10

Hi Brian,

You can actually create a Virtual machine to your computer, just follow the steps from this

link.

Thanks.

Shirlen Agu, Apr 2, 2020
  3. SUalive Win User
    Virtual Machine on SurfaceBook2

Hello,

We are meeting hard time installing our soft - does not work on virtual machine - on Surface Book 2.

Customer Surface runs Windows10Pro on virtual machine and the owner seems to know nothing about virtual machine. We do not understand!

We know Surface Book comes with Win10S and could upgrade to Win10Pro.

At that time, does upgrade create a virtual machine?

Form where came this virtual machine? Really lost!

we asked our customer for running CMD>Systeminfo | findstr /i mod yielding the following.

System Model : Surface Book 2

[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel 1910Mhz

Best Regards

***Moved from Surface Book 2 / Install, update, and repair***

SUalive, Apr 2, 2020
  4. S_and_S Win User

Virtual machine/drive WIN10

Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Virtual machine/drive WIN10

1. Virtual machine/drive WIN10 - Similar Threads - Virtual machine drive

2. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine: Me want to go to Free Virtual windows thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/09a68db0-55fb-46e4-8ea2-2238cdaabe20
  3. virtual machine?

virtual machine?: On windows turn features on or off, I pressed on for a feature called "virtual machine platform", what exactly does that do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/77c20bcd-b08c-4c7d-bb34-edc7de49b00b
  4. Virtual Machine

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Virtual Machine: Hello Microsoft this is Philip and i hope you have a wonderful day.I have just purchased a app called VirtualMachine from National Software and i don know how to set it up if youd know please help me thank you.Philip...
  5. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual Machine: So, I'm here to ask if using Windows in a VM virtual Machine Legal? Its cause I am not getting accurate answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/c2e9e1fa-15e4-4532-9864-d114aa139b86
  6. virtual machines

virtual machines: I have windows 10 pro as my main os and i want a copy of the same os so i can play around with the system configurations without harming my main os. How can i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machines/8896c12f-46cf-4120-a190-fb287326fdf3
  7. installation of Win10 in a virtual machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installation of Win10 in a virtual machine: I installed a licensed copy of Win 10 in a virtual machine and once I screwed it up beyond repair I deleted it and created another one. But when I went to activate it I wasn't able to because it was already assigned to another machine and I needed to call MS and spend 8...
  8. Win10 and virtual machines

Win10 and virtual machines: Is windows 10 home able to run virtual machines like “vm ware player” or do i need the pro version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-and-virtual-machines/2508a1ce-c3aa-4ad1-89cd-4e9ec25144be
  9. Virtual Machine

Virtual Machine: I recently installed Hyper-V on my Lenovo Windows 10 machine and am trying to set up a Virtual Machine. I saw Andre Da Costa's post on Groovypost.com in regards to this. His post was dated January 11, 2019. I have not been able to access the BIOS setup screen, as pictured...
  10. virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    virtual machine: I want to build an oracle VM. I have a new PC with UEFI I am not used to. It is set to the old BIOS and secure boot is disabled. I found virtualization by searching and chose to change virtualization from disabled toe enabled. Is this what I should have done to use Oracle's...