Windows 10: Virtual machine platform cannot be enabled.

Discus and support Virtual machine platform cannot be enabled. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Home 10.0.19043 build 19043 on FUJITSU FMVWKS2S77.I followed https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by howaito4616, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Virtual machine platform cannot be enabled.

I'm running Windows 10 Home 10.0.19043 build 19043 on FUJITSU FMVWKS2S77.I followed https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10 to install WSL2, but Step 3 resulted in an error. After rebooting, the update does not complete with the message "Failure configuring windows updates".Intel VT-d has been enabled in the BIOS.How can I solve this problem?

:)

howaito4616, Jul 26, 2021

2. Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform"

I'm running Windows 10 on ASUS FX705DY AU072T.

Windows doesn't boot after enabling "Virtual Machine Platform" and just shows a black screen after showing the windows 10 logo during boot.

I've tried it on updated version 1909 and also after updating to version 19041.264 I can't use WSL 2 because of this.

How can this be fixed?

ModernQuasar534, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Enabling Virtual machine platform slows down windows VM

I am trying to host Windows 10 enterprise 2004 on Kubernetes using kubevirt. I can host the instance and everything is working and fast when accessed remotely but when I enable Virtual machine platform the vm slows down significantly. Just enabling wsl does
    not seem to affect the instance, it is only when I try to enable wsl 2 for docker use by enabling Virtual machine platform.

I have restarted the instance after turning on the feature.

In the process tab I can see vmmem is using like 1.5G memory but I have given the instance 16G so I thought that should not be the issue.

Some of the things I have tried to solve this:

Optimized the vm using vmware optimizer tool.

Only using RAM by disabling virtual memory.

Please let me know where I can look to debug this. Or maybe some pointers as to what I might be doing wrong.

Thank you!

AnuraagRijal, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Virtual machine platform cannot be enabled.

Enabling Virtual machine platform slows down windows VM

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the performance of Virtual Machine decreases when you enable Virtual Machine Platform on a PC running Windows 10 Enterprise.

Since you’re using Windows 10 Enterprise with Kubernetes, we do have a dedicated forum where you should be able to find support for your query. Let me help you in pointing towards the right direction, I would suggest you to pot your query on
    TechNet forums, where we have support
    professionals with expertise on Enterprise Environment to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Virtual machine platform cannot be enabled.

1. Virtual machine platform cannot be enabled. - Similar Threads - Virtual machine platform

2. Unable to enable virtual machine platform.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable virtual machine platform.: I have a dell inspiron 3505 with ryzen 5 3540 processor running windows 11 and I was trying to run windows subsystem for android and for that I had to enable virtual machine platform.But when I tried to do so, after turning it on from the "turn windows features on or off" and...
  3. Unable to enable virtual machine platform.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable virtual machine platform.: I have a dell inspiron 3505 with ryzen 5 3540 processor running windows 11 and I was trying to run windows subsystem for android and for that I had to enable virtual machine platform.But when I tried to do so, after turning it on from the "turn windows features on or off" and...
  4. Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.19043.1826I was trying to install WSL2 but when I was trying to enable Virtual Machine Platform I got this error when restarting: "Failed to update services".I ran systeminfo.exe and checked to make sure virtualization is...
  5. Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.19043.1826I was trying to install WSL2 but when I was trying to enable Virtual Machine Platform I got this error when restarting: "Failed to update services".I ran systeminfo.exe and checked to make sure virtualization is...
  6. Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unable to Enable 'Virtual Machine Platform'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Enable 'Virtual Machine Platform': Hello, I need to use WSL2 on my Windows 10 system, HP pavilion CS1000-TX. Whenever I enable Virtual Machine Platform and go for a reboot, the reboot doesnt go through. I witness the HP logo and then a blank screen upon. The only solution I've found is to perform a power off....
  8. BSOD after Enabling Virtual Machine Platform

BSOD after Enabling Virtual Machine Platform: I want to install wsl2 in my Windows 10 PC. But, when I enable Virtual Machine Platform feature and reboot my PC, I always get Page Fault in Non Paged Area error. It says the error is related to rdyboost.sys. Please help me solve this problem....
  9. Unable to enable "Virtual Machine Platform"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to enable "Virtual Machine Platform": submitted by /u/CautiousCrazy6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvs9sn/unable_to_enable_virtual_machine_platform/
  10. Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform"

Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform": I'm running Windows 10 on ASUS FX705DY AU072T. Windows doesn't boot after enabling "Virtual Machine Platform" and just shows a black screen after showing the windows 10 logo during boot. I've tried it on updated version 1909 and also after updating to version 19041.264 I...