Windows 10: Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays

Discus and support Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I'm trying run WSL2 on my Win 11 22000.556 ThinkPad t440p and after thicking "Virtual Machine Platform" in "Turn Windows features on or off" I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by smolik.ja, Mar 16, 2022.

1. smolik.ja Win User

Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays

Hello,I'm trying run WSL2 on my Win 11 22000.556 ThinkPad t440p and after thicking "Virtual Machine Platform" in "Turn Windows features on or off" I'm getting unwanted virtual displays I cannot access 3, 4, 5, 6 - https://i.imgur.com/hcb14DJ.png.I disabled them to stop moving apps there but when I unplug my external primary monitor, the only laptop's display is not set to primary and I am not able to do anything.Good ppl, How can I get rid of them please?

:)

smolik.ja, Mar 16, 2022

2. [Windows Features] Virtual Machine Platform

In what case would I need to install the Virtual Machine Platform (found in - Turn Windows features on or off)? What is it good for?

artifact4727, Mar 16, 2022
  3. btarunr Win User
    Synology Announces Virtual Machine Manager and Virtual DSM

Synology Inc. announced the official release of Virtual Machine Manager. It provides the ability to install and run multiple virtual machines, including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM on Synology NAS. Hardware resources can be allocated more flexibly with Virtual Machine Manager. Virtual machines can even be moved without interruption to running hosts.

According to a 2016 study made by market authority Gartner, up to 80% of x86 server workloads have been virtualized. Virtual Machine Manager attracted more than 60,000 users during its 6-month beta program. The results also show that server virtualization is definitely a trend of IT industry. Virtual Machine Manager not only provides virtualized system resources, but it also combines the powerful advantages of the Btrfs next-generation file system. This provides users with the ability to complete virtual machine snapshots and replication in just seconds.

Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays C1OVryYHCO55FBWH_thm.jpg

The meticulously engineered clustering architecture provides enterprises with multiple NAS management capabilities. Operations run on virtual machines scattered across NAS devices can be managed from a single portal. Virtual Machine Manager brings efficient management capabilities to help IT staff easily reach high availability in a cluster. Moreover, users can set scheduled snapshots and replication plans to protect the data of virtual machines, enjoying a variety of advanced features designed specifically for business.

"Synology used to provide storage services in virtualization infrastructure in the past. In recent years we saw the rising demand for virtualization needs of SMBs and professional users. In 2015, we pioneered the Virtual DSM Manager Beta to create NAS virtualization capabilities. Now Synology NAS can support more diverse operating systems with the fully evolved Virtual Machine Manager and its flexible and powerful cluster architecture. IT staff can easily create an efficient and professional server virtualization environment." said Chen Feng Wang, Product Manager of virtualization at Synology.

Synology's DiskStation Manager operating system has been widely acclaimed and now can run as a virtual machine on Virtual Machine Manager via Virtual DSM. By separating multiple Virtual DSM virtual machines on a single Synology NAS, users can achieve NAS server virtualization while creating a highly resilient, easy-to-manage, and multi-tenant environment.

Virtual Machine Manager supports various models:
    • 18-series: DS3018xs, DS918+, DS718+, DS218+
    • 17-series: FS3017, FS2017, RS3617xs, RS3617RPxs, RS4017xs+, RS3617xs+, RS18017xs+, DS3617xs, DS1817+, DS1517+
    • 16-series: RS2416RP+, RS2416+, RS18016xs+, DS916+
    • 15-series: RS815RP+, RS815+, RC18015xs+, DS3615xs, DS2415+, DS1815+, DS1515+
    • 14-series: RS3614xs, RS3614RPxs, RS3614xs+
    • 13-series: RS3413xs+, RS10613xs+
    • 12-series: RS3412xs, RS3412RPxs, DS3612xs
    • 11-series: RS3411xs, RS3411RPxs, DS3611xs

btarunr, Mar 16, 2022
  4. Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays

Virtual Machine Platform in Windows 10 update 1809

Ya I am not sure what this guy is talking about.... Virtual Machine Platform is clearly in the Windows 10 Add or Remove Features section. I myself am very curious as to what it is. If anyone can give a real legitimate answer to this fake one that buddy provided
    that would be great!

Jesse Poland, Mar 16, 2022
Thema:

Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays

1. Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays - Similar Threads - Virtual Machine Platform

2. Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.19043.1826I was trying to install WSL2 but when I was trying to enable Virtual Machine Platform I got this error when restarting: "Failed to update services".I ran systeminfo.exe and checked to make sure virtualization is...
  3. Can't disable Virtual Machine Platform

Can't disable Virtual Machine Platform: Hi,in the window "Windows features" "Turn Windows features on or off" I can't uncheck the Virtual Machine Platform.If I do so it loads and then tells me to restart the PC. I click on restart and it restarts two times telling me "we couldn't complete the features undoing...
  4. Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays

Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays: Hello,I'm trying run WSL2 on my Win 11 22000.556 ThinkPad t440p and after thicking "Virtual Machine Platform" in "Turn Windows features on or off" I'm getting unwanted virtual displays I cannot access 3, 4, 5, 6 - https://i.imgur.com/hcb14DJ.png.I disabled them to stop moving...
  5. Windows Virtual Machine Platform Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Virtual Machine Platform Not Working: I know the titles vague buy in my BIOS everything is enabled, and up until the last update I had no issues. Now both Ububtu for windows and Docker crash on start with an error about enabling virtualization in BIOS, which is done. Im not sure what readout would be helpful,...
  6. Unable to Enable 'Virtual Machine Platform'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Enable 'Virtual Machine Platform': Hello, I need to use WSL2 on my Windows 10 system, HP pavilion CS1000-TX. Whenever I enable Virtual Machine Platform and go for a reboot, the reboot doesnt go through. I witness the HP logo and then a blank screen upon. The only solution I've found is to perform a power off....
  7. Windows Hypervisor Platform and Virtual Machine Platform

Windows Hypervisor Platform and Virtual Machine Platform: I have "ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT” with “AMD Ryzen 5 3550H” with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2100 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 running on “Windows 10 Home 2004” I wanted to run AVD in Android Studio for that: I enabled “SVM” in BIOS BIOS...
  8. WSL2 displaying error even though virtualization and virtual machine platform are enabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WSL2 displaying error even though virtualization and virtual machine platform are enabled: Please enable the Virtual Machine Platform Windows feature and ensure virtualization is enabled in the BIOS. For information please visit https://aka.ms/wsl2-install That is what it says in my WSL Ubuntu shell. I have Ryzen 2700X and have enabled SVM in bios. Virtual...
  9. Unable to enable "Virtual Machine Platform"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to enable "Virtual Machine Platform": submitted by /u/CautiousCrazy6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvs9sn/unable_to_enable_virtual_machine_platform/
  10. Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform"

Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform": I'm running Windows 10 on ASUS FX705DY AU072T. Windows doesn't boot after enabling "Virtual Machine Platform" and just shows a black screen after showing the windows 10 logo during boot. I've tried it on updated version 1909 and also after updating to version 19041.264 I...