Windows 10: Virtual Machine Running Issue

Discus and support Virtual Machine Running Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Guys... I am using VM Ware Workstation Pro 15, I want to run virtual machine on it. It displays an error is (VMware Workstation and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShyamPatel21, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Virtual Machine Running Issue

Hi Guys...

I am using VM Ware Workstation Pro 15, I want to run virtual machine on it. It displays an error is (VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard.)

:)

ShyamPatel21, Feb 16, 2019

2. Running a Virtual Machine under Windows 10.

Hello J. Villanueva,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with running a Virtual Machine under Windows 10 in the system and getting error message: “Virtual PC 2007 SP1 does not work on this version of Windows”.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Run virtual machines on Windows 8.1 with Client Hyper-V

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/hyper-v-run-virtual-machines

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Feb 16, 2019
  3. S_and_S Win User
    Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Virtual Machine Running Issue

Clean install of W10 not possible in Virtual Machine.

Please get a cup of coffee, lean back and think an answer for these two questions. Take your time, then check the answers below the questions:

Questions:
    1. If you do a clean install of let's say Windows 10 Insider Build 10525 on a totally new computer which has never had an activated Windows 10 on it, does it activate?
    2. If you do a clean install of Windows 10 Insider Build on a computer where the underlying Windows 10, upgraded from a qualifying old operating system has already been activated, does it activate?

Answers:
    1. No, of course not.
    2. Yes, of course.

Why do you think that a virtual machine would make any difference? You have tried to install Windows 10 on a totally new machine which has never had an activated Windows 10 installed, therefore the Microsoft activation servers block the activation due invalid machine ID. In the highlighted part in below quote you admit your mistake yourself, plain and simple, yet you when doing this wrong draw conclusion that even if done correctly it would not work:

What you have tried is essentially the same as if you took a brand new real physical PC without any operating system, which has never had any operating system, and then installed Windows 10 Insider Preview wondering why it does not activate! Virtual Machines behave exactly the same way; if you want to clean install Windows 10 Insider Preview and get it activated you must do it on an existing virtual machine, one which has already had an upgraded Windows 10 activated. This "computer", the virtual machine, its machine ID is marked on activation servers as valid and activated and it will of course activate.

Be it a virtual machine or a physical computer, you cannot activate a clean installed Windows 10 Insider Preview on a totally new machine. How difficult can this be to understand?

When clean installing Windows 10 Insider Preview on a computer which has already had a previous Windows 10 Insider activated, you do not use the product key! It will be asked twice, once before the installation starts and once after the last reboot to OOBE phase. In both cases you skip the product key and your Windows will be automatically activated.

Thema:

Virtual Machine Running Issue

1. Virtual Machine Running Issue - Similar Threads - Virtual Machine Running

2. Virtual Machine Running windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Machine Running windows 7: I want to run windows 7 in my computer but im having problems finding the iso pls help.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/lifecycle/products/windows-7 i tried this one that i saw in other thread but it got taken down.if anyone could also make an easy guy of how to create the...
  3. Virtual Machine Running windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine Running windows 7: I want to run windows 7 in my computer but im having problems finding the iso pls help.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/lifecycle/products/windows-7 i tried this one that i saw in other thread but it got taken down.if anyone could also make an easy guy of how to create the...
  4. Virtual Machine Running windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Virtual Machine not running, but appearing in processes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Machine not running, but appearing in processes.: Hello, i'm trying to use oracle virtual machine for my classes and it wont open on my computer Windows 10 Home. I can install and run as admin but no windows will open and as the title says, it appears in background processes. I have downloaded a hyper V enabler and have that...
  6. Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine: Hi and question: If I run a virtual machine inside my windows 10 machine, does all the telemetry, keystroke logging, etc. still happen while inside the VM? Example: If I run Linux Mint in a VM with Windows 10 as the host computer, does Windows (Microsoft) get all the...
  7. Virtual machine to run linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual machine to run linux: Windows is not my main OS. I use it for work and I'd like to install openSUSE (or any other distribution) on a virtual machine to use while I do office work on Windows. What are my options? submitted by /u/C8H10N4O2montreal [link] [comments]...
  8. Issues with Hyper-V Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi all, I'm running Ubuntu 19.04 in a Hyper-V Virtual Machine. It's configured to use Hyper-V's "Default Switch" network adapter, but for some reason, the VM doesn't seem to get internet access. My computer is connected to the Internet (both through Wi-Fi and Ethernet). I've...
  9. Virtual Machine - Troubleshoot Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Virtual Machine - Troubleshoot Performance Issues: How to: Virtual Machine - Troubleshoot Performance Issues How to Troubleshoot Slow Performance of a Virtual Machine [img] Information This tutorial will be assuming you are using Windows 10 as your host OS and using VMWare Player for virtualization, although these...
  10. Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine: How to: Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine [img] Information Nested Virtualization means that user can enable Hyper-V on existing virtual machines, and run virtual machines and Windows Sandbox on them. To make Nested Virtualization...