Windows 10: Virtual Machines, VPN, malware, security etc

Discus and support Virtual Machines, VPN, malware, security etc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm just reading about virtual machines and think it can be very useful for web browsers who may choose to frequent the less...salbrious areas of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by habibhussain, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Virtual Machines, VPN, malware, security etc

Hi,

I'm just reading about virtual machines and think it can be very useful for web browsers who may choose to frequent the less...salbrious areas of the world wide web.

What i wanted to know is it a fool proof way of protecting your host system from rogue applications ? How do VPN's aid in this endeavour-does it provide an extra layer of security ?

Finally, can anybody recommend any good virtual machine applications I can run on windows 10 ? What are the minimum spec for this ? I'm running windows 10 home edition.

thanks,

Habib.

:)

habibhussain, Apr 26, 2020

2. Azure Virtual Machine VPN

Hello,

I am attempting to set up a shared drive on a Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine running Windows Server 2016 that can be accessed through a VPN from 3 separate locations.

I have set up a Point to Site VPN by following the tutorial on Microsoft's website. Both my local machine (running windows 10) and the virtual server are successfully connected to the VNet. However, the local machine cannot see the server under "networks".
    The odd thing is, the server can see the local machine.

I have gone through the advanced sharing settings multiple times, the server should be discover-able. I cannot find a good example of anyone trying this online. I have tried turning off the fire wall on private networks just to see if that could be preventing
    anything. I can Remote Connect to the server via it's private IP address, but cannot seem to make it visible to my computers network. I'm feeling a little out of my depth here, so i apologize if i've left out any crucial information.

TL;DR: is it even possible to map a shared drive from a server via VPN, if so any suggestions on why a server, connected through VPN, would not show up under networks?

Thanks,

-JE

jacobeddy7, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Apr 26, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Virtual Machines, VPN, malware, security etc

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Virtual Machines, VPN, malware, security etc :D

P4-630, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Virtual Machines, VPN, malware, security etc

1. Virtual Machines, VPN, malware, security etc - Similar Threads - Virtual Machines VPN

2. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine: Me want to go to Free Virtual windows thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/09a68db0-55fb-46e4-8ea2-2238cdaabe20
  3. Malware Infecting all Virtual Machines

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware Infecting all Virtual Machines: Has anyone else been experiencing issues with malware infecting all your machines including android phones and apple iphones? I’ve been narrowing it down for the last two months, and I’m not sure how it got started but it’s spreading through out the entire house basically...
  4. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual Machine: So, I'm here to ask if using Windows in a VM virtual Machine Legal? Its cause I am not getting accurate answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/c2e9e1fa-15e4-4532-9864-d114aa139b86
  5. Virtualization and malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virtualization and malware: Does enabling virtualization in the bios and hyper-v make it easier for malware to hide on a win10 system? Or do the benefits outweigh the risks? s Virtualization security concerns: The threat of hypervisor malware 171826
  6. virtual machines

virtual machines: I have windows 10 pro as my main os and i want a copy of the same os so i can play around with the system configurations without harming my main os. How can i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machines/8896c12f-46cf-4120-a190-fb287326fdf3
  7. virtual machine to test malware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    virtual machine to test malware: So let's say theres an app I want, but it's from a really sketchy russian site and I'm almost certain it has a virus. But I really need that app and can't find any other sites to download it from. Can I set up a virtual machine and download that app on it to see if it has a...
  8. Virtual Machine

Virtual Machine: I recently installed Hyper-V on my Lenovo Windows 10 machine and am trying to set up a Virtual Machine. I saw Andre Da Costa's post on Groovypost.com in regards to this. His post was dated January 11, 2019. I have not been able to access the BIOS setup screen, as pictured...
  9. virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    virtual machine: I want to build an oracle VM. I have a new PC with UEFI I am not used to. It is set to the old BIOS and secure boot is disabled. I found virtualization by searching and chose to change virtualization from disabled toe enabled. Is this what I should have done to use Oracle's...
  10. Browser Malware Etc

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Malware Etc: A while back I commented on browsers, namely firefox, adding malware to their product. I was told basically that this was impossible if I got it from source, which I always do. I meant to produce some visual evidence but a bad memory let time slip by. Here is a screen...