Windows 10: Virtual memory 2000 too much or no?

Discus and support Virtual memory 2000 too much or no? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Im new to this , i want to play MW warzone but it crashes so i saw in a tutorial how to fix it by putting virtual memory on 2000 on both , i have an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pepinopocho, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Virtual memory 2000 too much or no?

Im new to this , i want to play MW warzone but it crashes so i saw in a tutorial how to fix it by putting virtual memory on 2000 on both , i have an ssd and 16GB of RAM. Am i doing something wrong? is it safe?.

submitted by /u/pepinopocho
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pepinopocho, Mar 20, 2020
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User
  3. increasing virtual memory/Windows not activated

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you getting that your Windows is not activated and is your Windows activated?
    • Are you not able to get into Settings in Windows?
    • Are you trying to increase the virtual memory?
    • Are you getting any error message or code regarding the memory issues?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 20, 2020
  4. echo75 Win User

Virtual memory 2000 too much or no?

Turn of Virtual memory?

if you google it , lots of litrature suggest turning of Page file (virtual memory) if you have enough RAM for example like i have 4GB with Win XP and have almost 1 GB reserve.

They claim that because the CPU can acess the RAM faster than it can acess the virtual memory in the hrd disk your system will be faster.

What do you guys think?

echo75, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Virtual memory 2000 too much or no?

1. Virtual memory 2000 too much or no? - Similar Threads - Virtual memory 2000

2. Too much virtual memory on a 6GB ram PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much virtual memory on a 6GB ram PC: Hi, I'm Sakib from Bangladesh. I'm using Windows 10 for years. I'm spotting a thing, Windows is automatically generating 11.8GB of virtual memory on my pc with 6GB of physical memory. And it looks like it is slowed my pc down a little. It even takes a minimum of 5 seconds to...
  3. Too much virtual memory on a 6GB ram PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too much virtual memory on a 6GB ram PC: Hi, I'm Sakib from Bangladesh. I'm using Windows 10 for years. I'm spotting a thing, Windows is automatically generating 11.8GB of virtual memory on my pc with 6GB of physical memory. And it looks like it is slowed my pc down a little. It even takes a minimum of 5 seconds to...
  4. Too much virtual memory on a 6GB ram PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Too much memory usage

Too much memory usage: I have 16 GB of memory, but something is using over 60% of it. [ATTACH] What is causing this? I tried doing sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. What is causing this?...
  6. Too much memory usage?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too much memory usage?: I've been noticing Chrome discarding tabs lately which is something that I haven't seen since I had my Windows 7 computer over six years ago. And I'm only using about 61 percent memory. And I've used more memory but didn't have that happen. What's happening? Is it because I'm...
  7. Too much memory usage?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much memory usage?: I've been noticing Chrome discarding tabs lately which is something that I haven't seen since I had my Windows 7 computer over six years ago. And I'm only using about 61 percent memory. And I've used more memory but didn't have that happen. What's happening? Is it because I'm...
  8. Memory uses too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory uses too much RAM?: Howdy, I still have the problem that my memory is used 85% of the time even though I don't have anything on. I was using Process Explorer and lo and behold, my system and the registry are using way too much RAM! How can I eliminate this problem? With kind regards...
  9. Virtual Memory, too low? or too high?

Virtual Memory, too low? or too high?: Hello, first time asking a question here on microsoft.com and I hope someone can help! So I have a Toshiba i7core PC with 12 GB of RAM. Lately I have been having high disk usage issues and have been searching for solutions to solve the issues. I have gone through various...
  10. Too large virtual memory

Too large virtual memory: Hello, I use some workstations as network render nodes. (I use Autodesk 3ds max and Vray.) Last week, I rendered some images from a large file, which includes large amount of proxy files. Proxy files require large amount of ram for render. After I completed the job, I have...