Windows 10: Virtual Memory (Noob Question)

Discus and support Virtual Memory (Noob Question) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I recently found this article to increase my PC performance by setting this settings to, well it varies. Quick question, how much do I need to put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pooch22, Nov 20, 2018.

1. pooch22 Win User

Virtual Memory (Noob Question)

So I recently found this article to increase my PC performance by setting this settings to, well it varies.

Quick question, how much do I need to put in minimal and max, I have like 8gb of memory right now.
    Virtual Memory (Noob Question) [​IMG]

:)

pooch22, Nov 20, 2018

2. increasing virtual memory/Windows not activated

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you getting that your Windows is not activated and is your Windows activated?
    • Are you not able to get into Settings in Windows?
    • Are you trying to increase the virtual memory?
    • Are you getting any error message or code regarding the memory issues?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Virtual Memory

This question has been answered before—but I can never really get a definitive answer. So here goes....

Currently, I have 12 GB of RAM in my machine. Windows, on its own, has made the page file the same size. From what I've read, people suggest the page file be either 1.5x-2x the amount of ram. My question... is there a sweet spot where you can disable virtual memory? Say like if you have 32 GB. Also, since paging happens quite often, it's a no-no to have the page file on an SSD, right? So, in a system with SSD and HDD, and say you still need virtual memory, it should be placed on the HDD instead?

GoFigureItOut, Nov 20, 2018
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Thema:

1. Virtual Memory (Noob Question) - Similar Threads - Virtual Memory Noob

2. Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Memory: What is the recommended Virtual Memory for my laptop? https://1drv.ms/t/s!ApFhXMFCkw0wiARdOisNu01fep5C?e=Tg8mgY https://prnt.sc/qj9xpb Please tell..... Thanks & Regards, Regal76...
  3. Low Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Low Virtual Memory: I know this might start a slight argument after some of the articles I've read. Yesterday I was editing a video and all three monitors blanked out and came back. My color profiles on the monitor went to their stock setting and it was a quick fix of just rebooting the machine....
  4. Virtual Memory

Virtual Memory: I am a wise idiot to these things and I rarely keep up with the current trends but I've started using a laptop again. I notice the machine is: running inconsistently slow - the 'hard drive access LED' is flashing ALOT - and is doing things when I'm not using the input...
  5. Virtual Memory

Virtual Memory: I am a wise idiot to these things and I rarely keep up with the current trends but I've started using a laptop again. I notice the machine is: running inconsistently slow - the 'hard drive access LED' is flashing ALOT - and is doing things when I'm not using the input...
  6. Virtual Memory

Virtual Memory: I increased my virtual memory by extra 10 GB but later I reduced it to default value. Therefore, now it should show 10 GB of extra free space in my hard drive but its not showing. How to get back that 10 GB space?...
  7. Virtual Memory

Virtual Memory: What is the advantage and disadvantage of using virtual machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-memory/2e730df6-0913-4ad6-b629-d84de6c8b414
  8. Noob question about refresh rates...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Noob question about refresh rates...: Hi, I am about to upgrade my monitor. I have some questions about refresh rates. I edit photos and play some first-person shooters (BF & Far Cry), but would put preference on the editing... I think. Meaning, I definitely want IPS and at least 2560x1440 resolution for the...
  9. Noob Question About Mic Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Noob Question About Mic Setup: My mic will not register that i am talking into it even tho it shows up in the 'recording devices.' I have it set on default - i have tried using it on another windows 10 laptop and it instantly works -I have updated all drivers through MSI - I have uninstalled sound...
  10. couple questions from a win 10 noob

in Windows 10 Support
    couple questions from a win 10 noob: couple questions from a win 10 noob, 1:Back in the day you could right click and pin to your desktop,Now how do I pin a webpage/site to your desktop?I tried right clicking and it pins to the tabs but not the desktop.I want to be able to access my dashboard without having to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i still need virtual memory