Windows 10: Virtual Memory Size

Discus and support Virtual Memory Size in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Is it normal for Virtual memory to take this amount of space ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Safodo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. /u/Safodo Win User

Virtual Memory Size

/u/Safodo, Aug 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 recommend virtual memory sizes

I suggest that you go with System Managed Size rather than Custom Size. Windows will then be able to adjust the virtual memory size according to demand.

Alan Russell, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Re locate Virtual Memory

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps: for
    Re-locate the location of Virtual Memory.

• Press Windows +X, select System
    • Click on Advanced system settings,
    • On the Advanced tab, under
      Performance, click Settings.
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then, under
      Virtual memory, click Change.
    • Clear the automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
    • Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
    • Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the
      Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click
      Set, and then click OK.

Additional information applies to 10 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-za/...-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Hamahmi Win User

Virtual Memory Size

Virtual Memory Size

My RAM is 4GB and running Windows 10, I read that Virtual memory best sizes is
    (minimum 1.5 * RAM , maximum 3 * Minimum) [6144, 18432]MB , is this correct ? and if it is not, what is the best sizes ?

Code:

Hamahmi, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Virtual Memory Size

1. Virtual Memory Size - Similar Threads - Virtual Memory Size

2. Virtual memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual memory: Hello all hope every one is having a good Day/Night I have a Asus IntelR CoreTM i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz with 24 gig of ram With a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 TiI Play Games mostly on my pc like The Witcher series, Fallout series, Borderlands Series & Red Dead Redemption 2 ....
  3. Virtual memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual memory: Hello all hope every one is having a good Day/Night I have a Asus IntelR CoreTM i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz with 24 gig of ram With a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 TiI Play Games mostly on my pc like The Witcher series, Fallout series, Borderlands Series & Red Dead Redemption 2 ....
  4. Virtual memory

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Memory: I have a SSD 128gb and 1TB HDD.Should i set more VM on HDD does it make the pc run better or should i check the AUTOMATICALLY MANAGE PAGING FILE FOR ALL DRIVES Currently, i set Virtual memory like this :...
  6. Info on the virtual memory size

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Info on the virtual memory size: Hi What does the virtual memory size depend on?Since I have a notebook with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD disk used for the VMs creation, what would be the recommended virtual memory size to avoid future problems? Thanks Bye 171363
  7. Virtual memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual memory: Hi guys, I'm trying to clear up some space on my SSD to install some games and I've noticed that my virtual memory is taking up 244GB !! I feel like this is highly irregular as all I can find online is about upping the virtual memory size. I'd like to reduce this, but I'm not...
  8. Can't change virtual memory size in Windows 10

Can't change virtual memory size in Windows 10: I want to change the virtual memory size in Windows 10. The instructions I have say to go to Control Panel > Appearance & Performance > Performance Options > Advanced, uncheck "Automatically manage paging file size," then set the values manually. However when I go to that...
  9. Virtual Memory

Virtual Memory: What is the recommended Virtual Memory for my laptop? https://1drv.ms/t/s!ApFhXMFCkw0wiARdOisNu01fep5C?e=Tg8mgY https://prnt.sc/qj9xpb Please tell..... Thanks & Regards, Regal76...
  10. Virtual Memory

Virtual Memory: I am a wise idiot to these things and I rarely keep up with the current trends but I've started using a laptop again. I notice the machine is: running inconsistently slow - the 'hard drive access LED' is flashing ALOT - and is doing things when I'm not using the input...