Windows 10: Virtual Memory, too low? or too high?

Discus and support Virtual Memory, too low? or too high? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, first time asking a question here on microsoft.com and I hope someone can help! So I have a Toshiba i7core PC with 12 GB of RAM. Lately I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by C-los77, Feb 22, 2020.

1. C-los77 Win User

Virtual Memory, too low? or too high?

Hello, first time asking a question here on microsoft.com and I hope someone can help!

So I have a Toshiba i7core PC with 12 GB of RAM. Lately I have been having high disk usage issues and have been searching for solutions to solve the issues. I have gone through various methods and found only slight results.

One solution was to lower Virtual Memory in order to help the PC and disk usage. Once I found the advanced settings to create my custom Virtual Memory I found that my Allocated Virtual Memory was actually lower than the recommended on my computer.

As of right now it is at, 1884.

Where as the recommended is at, 2442.

I have been trying to read as much information as I can on this topic and I see a lot of different responses on it can help disk usage but also slow your computer down.

I mainly use my computer for gaming as well as emailing and work while using basic programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.

So my question is should my virtual memory be that low? If i were to raise it to the recommended or even a little higher would it be safe? Also if i were to raise it would it create issues going forward with PC performance?

Please let me know what you all think!

Thank you!

:)

C-los77, Feb 22, 2020
  2. GaryMcVay Win User

low virtual memory

After installing win10 I keep getting restarts. Event log shows low virtual memory. I have been unable to get info ,from MS, on how to change vitual memory on win10.

GaryMcVay, Feb 22, 2020
  3. ChadBonk Win User
    Low Virtual Memory

Sorry. So I was using Premiere Pro, the video was just a screen recording of my desktop. So nothing really heavy. I thought I had all my details of the machine that popped up when i posted. Nonetheless.... it's an i9 7900x processor with a m.2 ssd drive with the os and programs on it. All the creative programs are all set to a 250gb ssd scratch disk. But I did notice that for some reason Premiere was set to scratch to the M.2 for some reason. The video card is a Nvidita GTX 1080 8GB card. The other thing is too I have MSI afterburner running as well. Whether or not that tripped the error I dunno. I'm just going off the error report in event viewer that flagged Low Virtual Memory
    Virtual Memory, too low? or too high? [​IMG]

Virtual Memory, too low? or too high? [​IMG]

ChadBonk, Feb 22, 2020
  4. ChadBonk Win User

Low Virtual Memory

So if I'm pushing 64 gb.... what would b the reasoning for my error report with low virtual memory? I tried to look up updating the memory drivers, but that led me down the road of updating the bios

ChadBonk, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Virtual Memory, too low? or too high? - Similar Threads - Virtual Memory too

2. Microphone too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone too low: HiI have a problem with my microphone. When I try to use my microphone I can't hear it. I only hear it if I scream in it. I have already tried everything like max volume, windows updates, driver updates, microphone booster but it still is very low. I thought maybe it was my...
  3. Brightness/Gamma/Contrast too high/too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness/Gamma/Contrast too high/too low: Greetings.A couple of months ago my monitor seemed too bright to my liking, and since the brightness slider on the monitor itself wasn't enough. After a little bit of searching I found out about the "calibrate display color" software on Windows. Ever since I have tampered...
  4. Brightness/Gamma/Contrast too high/too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness/Gamma/Contrast too high/too low: Greetings.A couple of months ago my monitor seemed too bright to my liking, and since the brightness slider on the monitor itself wasn't enough. After a little bit of searching I found out about the "calibrate display color" software on Windows. Ever since I have tampered...
  5. Microfone is too low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microfone is too low: Hello so im having a issue with my microphone. Its too low and i have set my volume to 100 and my microphone boost to 0 or 10. And its still so low because when i set my boost up it becomes lower and if i set the boost down it becomes higher but its still not high enouph. But...
  6. Memory usage is too high

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory usage is too high: [ATTACH] Hi, when I use my PC my RAM usage is too high, even without anything opened. Don't look at CPU because actually is normal, when I got the screenshot he went to 33%, but normally it's 4/5%. I installed 8GB RAM, how is it possible that without anything opened it...
  7. Virtual memory 2000 too much or no?

Virtual memory 2000 too much or no?: Im new to this , i want to play MW warzone but it crashes so i saw in a tutorial how to fix it by putting virtual memory on 2000 on both , i have an ssd and 16GB of RAM. Am i doing something wrong? is it safe?. submitted by /u/pepinopocho [link] [comments]...
  8. Audio too low

Audio too low: First off, I don't know if this is the right place to post this issue, so sorry if it isn't. I have a problem with my audio. When it's at 6 volume it's the right level, when it's at 8 it's too loud and at 10 it's destroying my eardrums. The usual volume ranges I use are...
  9. Memory usage too high, new computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory usage too high, new computer: Service host, antimalware takes up too much memory. every service host often takes up to 60mb memory usage. antimalware up to 100mb. can you help me how to reduce it. thankyou[ATTACH]...
  10. Too large virtual memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too large virtual memory: Hello, I use some workstations as network render nodes. (I use Autodesk 3ds max and Vray.) Last week, I rendered some images from a large file, which includes large amount of proxy files. Proxy files require large amount of ram for render. After I completed the job, I have...