Windows 10: Virtual Memory

Discus and support Virtual Memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am a wise idiot to these things and I rarely keep up with the current trends but I've started using a laptop again. I notice the machine is: running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jesse Sterling, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Virtual Memory

I am a wise idiot to these things and I rarely keep up with the current trends but I've started using a laptop again. I notice the machine is: running inconsistently slow - the 'hard drive access LED' is flashing ALOT - and is doing things when I'm not using the input devices.

I do not use programs that consume huge amounts of RAM. So... I'm trying to turn off Virtual Memory and help the computer confuse its self a little less.

Unfortunately I receive an error dialog box when I select "no paging file" in the Virtual Memory setting box in the "Advanced" tab of the "Performance Options" setting box in the "Advanced" tab of the "Systems Properties" setting box in the right column of the "System" control panel- in the "System and Security" control panel group. Is there no way to Turn Off Virtual Memory?

I think I'm going to set the "Initial Size" to the "Minimum allowed" amount and the "Maximum Size" to the "Recommended" amount.

Any comments?

:)

Jesse Sterling, Oct 6, 2019
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User
  3. echo75 Win User
    Turn of Virtual memory?

if you google it , lots of litrature suggest turning of Page file (virtual memory) if you have enough RAM for example like i have 4GB with Win XP and have almost 1 GB reserve.

They claim that because the CPU can acess the RAM faster than it can acess the virtual memory in the hrd disk your system will be faster.

What do you guys think?

echo75, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Virtual Memory

increasing virtual memory/Windows not activated

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you getting that your Windows is not activated and is your Windows activated?
    • Are you not able to get into Settings in Windows?
    • Are you trying to increase the virtual memory?
    • Are you getting any error message or code regarding the memory issues?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Virtual Memory

1. Virtual Memory - Similar Threads - Virtual Memory

2. audiodg.exe used 41 Gibibytes of virtual memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audiodg.exe used 41 Gibibytes of virtual memory: I don't know what the hell happened but it started abusing virtual memory and triggered chain reaction of apps crashing. should I reinstall Windows or do something else what is your guys opinion on this.P.S. : Brave was using this much because I was watching a movie on HBO...
  3. audiodg.exe used 41 Gibibytes of virtual memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audiodg.exe used 41 Gibibytes of virtual memory: I don't know what the hell happened but it started abusing virtual memory and triggered chain reaction of apps crashing. should I reinstall Windows or do something else what is your guys opinion on this.P.S. : Brave was using this much because I was watching a movie on HBO...
  4. audiodg.exe used 41 Gibibytes of virtual memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. VmmemWSA proccess using high memory without virtual machine installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VmmemWSA proccess using high memory without virtual machine installed: Hello for the past week or so I keep seeing VmmemWsa And Vmmem in task manager taking up oneof the 5 top spots for memory usage> Loooking around it seem like it is used for virtual machines and with a program like docker but I do not have or ever did have a virtual machine...
  6. VmmemWSA proccess using high memory without virtual machine installed

VmmemWSA proccess using high memory without virtual machine installed: Hello for the past week or so I keep seeing VmmemWsa And Vmmem in task manager taking up oneof the 5 top spots for memory usage> Loooking around it seem like it is used for virtual machines and with a program like docker but I do not have or ever did have a virtual machine...
  7. How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?: I have two drives in my computer, C drive and D drive. I would like to set up virtual memory in my D drive because the free storage is larger than my C drive. However, my system still uses my C drive. Are there any method to free up my C drive and use my D drive for virtual...
  8. How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?

How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?: I have two drives in my computer, C drive and D drive. I would like to set up virtual memory in my D drive because the free storage is larger than my C drive. However, my system still uses my C drive. Are there any method to free up my C drive and use my D drive for virtual...
  9. Diabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, Memory integrity wont be turn on. So...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, Memory integrity wont be turn on. So...: On 02nd January 2024, I found out, that if disabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, then the following security features will be turned off.01 Memory integrity is turned off. 02 Kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection is turned off this feature is only...
  10. Diabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, Memory integrity wont be turn on. So...

Diabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, Memory integrity wont be turn on. So...: On 02nd January 2024, I found out, that if disabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, then the following security features will be turned off.01 Memory integrity is turned off. 02 Kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection is turned off this feature is only...