Windows 10: Virtual Memory

Discus and support Virtual Memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a SSD 128gb and 1TB HDD.Should i set more VM on HDD does it make the pc run better or should i check the AUTOMATICALLY MANAGE PAGING FILE FOR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aries147, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Aries147 Win User

Virtual Memory

I have a SSD 128gb and 1TB HDD.Should i set more VM on HDD does it make the pc run better or should i check the AUTOMATICALLY MANAGE PAGING FILE FOR ALL DRIVES Currently, i set Virtual memory like this :

:)

Aries147, Sep 15, 2021

2. increasing virtual memory/Windows not activated

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you getting that your Windows is not activated and is your Windows activated?
    • Are you not able to get into Settings in Windows?
    • Are you trying to increase the virtual memory?
    • Are you getting any error message or code regarding the memory issues?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 15, 2021
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
  4. Arun B J Win User

Virtual Memory

Re locate Virtual Memory

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps: for
    Re-locate the location of Virtual Memory.

• Press Windows +X, select System
    • Click on Advanced system settings,
    • On the Advanced tab, under
      Performance, click Settings.
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then, under
      Virtual memory, click Change.
    • Clear the automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
    • Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
    • Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the
      Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click
      Set, and then click OK.

Additional information applies to 10 as well.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Virtual Memory

1. Virtual Memory - Similar Threads - Virtual Memory

2. audiodg.exe used 41 Gibibytes of virtual memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audiodg.exe used 41 Gibibytes of virtual memory: I don't know what the hell happened but it started abusing virtual memory and triggered chain reaction of apps crashing. should I reinstall Windows or do something else what is your guys opinion on this.P.S. : Brave was using this much because I was watching a movie on HBO...
  3. audiodg.exe used 41 Gibibytes of virtual memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audiodg.exe used 41 Gibibytes of virtual memory: I don't know what the hell happened but it started abusing virtual memory and triggered chain reaction of apps crashing. should I reinstall Windows or do something else what is your guys opinion on this.P.S. : Brave was using this much because I was watching a movie on HBO...
  4. audiodg.exe used 41 Gibibytes of virtual memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. VmmemWSA proccess using high memory without virtual machine installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VmmemWSA proccess using high memory without virtual machine installed: Hello for the past week or so I keep seeing VmmemWsa And Vmmem in task manager taking up oneof the 5 top spots for memory usage> Loooking around it seem like it is used for virtual machines and with a program like docker but I do not have or ever did have a virtual machine...
  6. VmmemWSA proccess using high memory without virtual machine installed

VmmemWSA proccess using high memory without virtual machine installed: Hello for the past week or so I keep seeing VmmemWsa And Vmmem in task manager taking up oneof the 5 top spots for memory usage> Loooking around it seem like it is used for virtual machines and with a program like docker but I do not have or ever did have a virtual machine...
  7. How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?: I have two drives in my computer, C drive and D drive. I would like to set up virtual memory in my D drive because the free storage is larger than my C drive. However, my system still uses my C drive. Are there any method to free up my C drive and use my D drive for virtual...
  8. How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?

How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?: I have two drives in my computer, C drive and D drive. I would like to set up virtual memory in my D drive because the free storage is larger than my C drive. However, my system still uses my C drive. Are there any method to free up my C drive and use my D drive for virtual...
  9. Diabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, Memory integrity wont be turn on. So...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, Memory integrity wont be turn on. So...: On 02nd January 2024, I found out, that if disabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, then the following security features will be turned off.01 Memory integrity is turned off. 02 Kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection is turned off this feature is only...
  10. Diabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, Memory integrity wont be turn on. So...

Diabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, Memory integrity wont be turn on. So...: On 02nd January 2024, I found out, that if disabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, then the following security features will be turned off.01 Memory integrity is turned off. 02 Kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection is turned off this feature is only...