Windows 10: Virtual PC

Discus and support Virtual PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I tried installing virtual PC from download centre . But getting "Windows update standalone installer - Installer encountered an error: 0X80096002"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by amar0911, Jul 20, 2019.

1. amar0911 Win User

Virtual PC

Hi! I tried installing virtual PC from download centre . But getting "Windows update standalone installer - Installer encountered an error: 0X80096002" The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found.

I'm having an old application and it is asking for internet explorer 5.5. so thought of installing virtual pc but no luck Virtual PC a2694242-1059-4418-ba00-e24036bad85e?upload=true.jpg .

:)

amar0911, Jul 20, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Importing Virtual PC -> Hyper V

Well, moving it to a different virtual machine, is like moving the license to an entirely different PC. Try reactivating by telephone:

To start the Product Activation Wizard, follow these steps:
    • Click Start.
    • Click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
    • Click System Tools.
    • Click Activate Windows.
    In the Product Activation Wizard, follow these steps:
    • Click Use the automated phone system to activate.
    • Click the drop-down menu, select the location that is nearest to you, and then click
      Next.
    • The Product Activation Center telephone number is displayed at the top of the window.
    For more information about how to activate Windows XP, see
    Setting up Windows XP

Source:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/950929

Andre Da Costa, Jul 20, 2019
  4. jbl1985 Win User

Virtual PC

Importing Virtual PC -> Hyper V

Thank you. I followed the instructions below, and when I go to hit the action menu to install Integration services, of course, there is no such option under the Action Menu. The instructions seem so simple but I'm still missing something...

Step 4: Install or upgrade integration services

Hyper-V includes a software package for supported guest operating systems that improves integration between the physical computer and the virtual machine. This package is referred to as integration services. To learn more, see Integration
    Services

This step can't be automated or done within a Windows PowerShell session.

To install integration services

• Open Hyper-V Manager. From the Server Manager Tools menu, click Hyper-V Manager.

• Connect to the virtual machine. Right-click the name of the virtual machine and click Connect.

• From the Action menu of Virtual Machine Connection, click Insert Integration Services Setup Disk. This action loads the setup disk in the virtual DVD drive. Depending on the guest operating system installed, you may
      need to start the installation manually.

• After the installation finishes, all integration services are available for use.

jbl1985, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Virtual PC

1. Virtual PC - Similar Threads - Virtual

2. File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment: I run molecular dynamics simulations on my local machine, use a virtual Linux environment on my Windows PC. I store both the MD software source code and all of my simulation files on my Desktop. Since allowing OneDrive to sync my files, I am completely unable to locate my...
  3. File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment: I run molecular dynamics simulations on my local machine, use a virtual Linux environment on my Windows PC. I store both the MD software source code and all of my simulation files on my Desktop. Since allowing OneDrive to sync my files, I am completely unable to locate my...
  4. File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10: I'm trying to install WSL but I keep getting the same error.Here are some photos of my settings:https://photos.app.goo.gl/D1TLZoWW64rTMXHa7I don't have any 3rd party anti-virus I used toI have VMware verison 16 installed.Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  6. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10: I'm trying to install WSL but I keep getting the same error.Here are some photos of my settings:https://photos.app.goo.gl/D1TLZoWW64rTMXHa7I don't have any 3rd party anti-virus I used toI have VMware verison 16 installed.Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  7. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?: I just bought a license for Microsoft Win Home 11 64-bit All Lng PK Lic Online DwnLd NR KW9-00664, and was given a 25-character key. However, when I use that key to activate Windows 11 ARM in the Parallels virtual machine on Macbook Air M2, it get an error: The product key...
  9. How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?

How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?: I just bought a license for Microsoft Win Home 11 64-bit All Lng PK Lic Online DwnLd NR KW9-00664, and was given a 25-character key. However, when I use that key to activate Windows 11 ARM in the Parallels virtual machine on Macbook Air M2, it get an error: The product key...
  10. How do I permanently uninstall Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently uninstall Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter: Hello I've followed this guide to uninstall and permanently remove Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, but it keeps coming back. also disabled it and it still says "connected" I've tried everything. I've also noticed this tooThis normal?...