Windows 10: Virtual Reality Headset ..... worth it ?

Discus and support Virtual Reality Headset ..... worth it ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For a good, no BS VR, it can be quite expensive. The one I have in mind is ……..Oculus Go Standalone Virtual Reality Headset – 64GB And that is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by davidhk, Jan 1, 2019.

1. davidhk Win User

Virtual Reality Headset ..... worth it ?

For a good, no BS VR, it can be quite expensive.
    The one I have in mind is ……..Oculus Go Standalone Virtual Reality Headset – 64GB
    And that is the cheapest one, around $300 CDN.

MY question is : Is it worth it ? Yes, I have "playing games" in mind.

I bet the pure gamers will say "NO", but I am not a diehard gamer.

What do you think ?

:)

davidhk, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

VR headset manufacturers launch the Global Virtual Reality Association

Read more: VR headset manufacturers launch the Global Virtual Reality Association | ZDNet

Brink, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Octavean Win User
    Octavean, Jan 1, 2019
  4. kburgoyne Win User

"Mixed" Reality

All the demos of Win10 Fall Creators and the various headsets keep showing what are most appropriately labelled "virtual reality" applications and headsets operating as "virtual reality" headsets. That is, there is no aspect of the "physical world" in the
    demo. A "mixed reality" headset would be more like the Hololens where virtual is overlaid on physical, with the recognition that the same concept can be achieved by the headset having cameras which the headset can use to mix a camera image of the physical
    world with the virtual world rendering.

Does anyone know if these so-called "mixed reality" headsets will actually do "mixed" in which virtual is overlaid on physical? Can all models, is does a person have to be careful when shopping? Can anyone provide a reference to information about any of
    these headsets working in that fashion?

kburgoyne, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Virtual Reality Headset ..... worth it ? - Similar Threads - Virtual Reality Headset

2. Bluescreen error when using Virtual Reality headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen error when using Virtual Reality headset.: I received a new pre-built PC today and have been having issues with blue screens while using SteamVR. After booting up my virtual reality headset, I'm able to use it for anywhere from 1~5 minutes before it blue screens and crashes the PC. The event viewer has WHEA errors 18...
  3. Bluescreen error when using Virtual Reality headset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen error when using Virtual Reality headset.: I received a new pre-built PC today and have been having issues with blue screens while using SteamVR. After booting up my virtual reality headset, I'm able to use it for anywhere from 1~5 minutes before it blue screens and crashes the PC. The event viewer has WHEA errors 18...
  4. Virtual Reality Upgrade

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Virtual Reality Upgrade: Good morning. I installed the Virtual Reality update for MS2020 yesterday and would like to report the following observations while using an Oculus Rift headset. 1. There is a headset shaped black coloured frame in view in the headset and on the monitor. This is by far my...
  5. Mixed reality headset issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed reality headset issue: I have Lenovo mixed reality headset that I cannot connect to my PC. When I plug the USB cord in the 2.0 port, I receive a message saying to plug it into 3.0 port. When I plug it into the 3.0 , I get an error message about connecting my headset...
  6. Virtual Primal Scream in Total Reality!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Primal Scream in Total Reality!: I'm a senior citizen. I've worked with Microsoft through the days of 286, 386, 486 that used boxes of disks that took forever and a day to manually load the programs onto the PC. I've loaded MS-DOS successfully. I've learned how to manually construct pages using HTML 4....
  7. virtual reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    virtual reality: Can I use my PS4 vr headset on my hp pavillion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-reality/b2d206b5-61a6-4584-b295-4928bf584bbd
  8. What exactly are virtual OSs worth having?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    What exactly are virtual OSs worth having?: So many threads on IP's regurgitating that VM's not working in preview releases. With modern ability to create images easily available then why use VM's? For my ignorance's sake I would be much enlightened why, in today's tech, you need to use a virtual OS ? Just a thought....
  9. VR headset manufacturers launch the Global Virtual Reality Association

in Windows 10 News
    VR headset manufacturers launch the Global Virtual Reality Association: With the virtual reality market poised to take off, several VR headset manufacturers are creating a nonprofit to foster the industry and develop best practices. The founding members of the Global Virtual Reality Association (GVRA) include Acer Starbreeze, Google, HTC VIVE,...
  10. Is your PC Virtual Reality Ready?

in Windows 10 News
    Is your PC Virtual Reality Ready?: The SteamVR Performance Test measures your system's rendering power using a 2-minute sequence from Valves Aperture Robot Repair VR demo. After collecting the data it determines whether your system is capable of running VR content at 90fps and whether VR content can tune the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it worth to buy virtual reality?