Windows 10: Virtual Surround vs Windows Sonic for Headphones

Discus and support Virtual Surround vs Windows Sonic for Headphones in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In the Windows 10 Speaker Properties section under Enhancements and Spatial Sound, what's the difference between the old Virtual Surround and Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JasonRedux, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Virtual Surround vs Windows Sonic for Headphones

In the Windows 10 Speaker Properties section under Enhancements and Spatial Sound, what's the difference between the old Virtual Surround and Windows Sonic for Headphones?

Would there be any benefit in having them both enabled or should it be either one or the other and aren't they both effectively trying to achieve the same results in widening the soundscape?

submitted by /u/JasonRedux
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JasonRedux, Oct 22, 2020
  2. HuânLê Win User

Windows Sonic and Realtek Virtual Surround

I would like to have more technical details about Windows Sonic and Realtek Virtual Surround (WS and RVT for short). WS gives us 7.1 virtual but limits our sound quality to 16 bit 192000Hz. If I uncheck the 7.1 checkbox, what surround WS give me? Also
    RVT allow us to use 24 bit 192000hz, I just don't know how "good" it surround? Quadra, 5.1 or 7.1? Can't find anything on Google.

HuânLê, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Windows Sonic doesn't work in applications unless realtek is set to 7.1, which disables windows sonic.

Hi Dorklingshot,

I would like to know what device you were trying to work with Windows Sonic. If you're trying to set up Windows Sonic for Headphones, then follow these steps:

1. Connect your headphones to your computer.
    2. Once done, right-click on the Speaker icon on the system tray, and select
      Spatial sound. If you have a drop-down option, then select
      Windows Sonic for Headphones
      . If you don't, then proceed with the next step.
    3. On the Speaker Properties window, click the Spatial sound.
    4. Under Spatial sound format, click the drop-down arrow, and select Windows Sonic for Headphones.
    5. Tick the box for Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound.
    6. Click Apply, then OK.

Please update this thread with the result so I can assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 22, 2020
  4. HuânLê Win User

Virtual Surround vs Windows Sonic for Headphones

Windows Sonic and Realtek Virtual Surround

In the Sound setting (Control Panel) I see Virtual Surround in Enhancements tab (provided by Realtek) and Windows Sonic in Spatial sound tab. Windows allow me to enable both of them. Just wonder what happen if I enable both of them? Shall I enable both
    or I have to choose one?

HuânLê, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Virtual Surround vs Windows Sonic for Headphones

1. Virtual Surround vs Windows Sonic for Headphones - Similar Threads - Virtual Surround Sonic

2. Headphones not recognised and no Windows Sonic available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not recognised and no Windows Sonic available: I am configuring some audio settings for my laptop and noticed there was an option for spatial sound, however this option in the device properties says "Not available on this device". I know Windows Sonic is for headphones but my laptop doesn't seem to recognise headphones...
  3. i Cant enable windows sonic in surround sound

i Cant enable windows sonic in surround sound: when i run trouble shooting it says i need some windows driver i couldnt find i dont have any idea how i can fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-enable-windows-sonic-in-surround-sound/df0472e0-a4d4-41fe-b188-e9c29cfc7a0e
  4. No 7.1 virtual surround option available for my new 7.1 surround headphones ??

No 7.1 virtual surround option available for my new 7.1 surround headphones ??: How can i enable the 7.1 on headphones exactly ? Windows recognizes it strictly as a stereo device which is just false, also no option for 7.1 under spatial sound menu Note - the headset is named "USB Audio device" : https://imgur.com/a/6AuMhFs...
  5. How to Disable Windows Sonic for Headphones?

How to Disable Windows Sonic for Headphones?: Now, if I don't want spacial audio, that's easy. The issue is that I DO want spacial audio. I just want to be able to use DTS and NOT Windows Sonic. For some stupid reason though Windows randomly chooses to override my selection, and set it to Windows Sonic. Which I don't...
  6. Windows 10 keeps reverting headphones to windows sonic for headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps reverting headphones to windows sonic for headphones: Windows 10 keeps reverting headphones to windows sonic for headphones, even tho i never turned on windows sonic for headphones it keeps overriding settings from dolby atmos to windows sonic everywhere i look there no solution at all im ready to bash my skull against wall...
  7. Windows Sonic for Headphones help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Sonic for Headphones help: [ATTACH] I need to tick a box on the configuration page of my speakers but it doesn't show. In particular, I need to enable a box that says "Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound" but it there isn't. here is the screenshot. Now there my interface is in Italian but you can...
  8. No Virtual Surround With New Headphone From Amazon

No Virtual Surround With New Headphone From Amazon: These headphones from Amazon (see Link) are supposed to have 7.1 virtual surround sound. It only shows as a stereo device in Windows 10 (build 18363.535) It is a model EasyAcc G941 (or EasyAcc 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound USB Gaming Headphones). [img] only Stereo (EasyAcc...
  9. Windows Sonic For Headphones Greyed Out;

Windows Sonic For Headphones Greyed Out;: Wanted to share how my issue resolved after doing Marc Cai Microsoft Support Agent's adviced on how to enable back the Windows Sonic For Headphones Greyed Out Issue. Been struggling with this issue. And at last! It's been resolved. It works for me.. I hope this will help.....
  10. Windows Sonic for Headphones in Windows 1809

Windows Sonic for Headphones in Windows 1809: Hi all, does anyone know if the implementation was changed/upgraded in the latest 1809 build? My reason for asking is that I've been using it with my Kingston Hyper-X headphones, and I find the positional audio great in games. The game I use it most in is War Thunder where it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek virtual vs windows sonic

2. virtual surround sound realtek

3. windows 10 virtual surround

4. realtek virtual surround