Windows 10: Virtual Switch External chokes bandwidth

Discus and support Virtual Switch External chokes bandwidth in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two Dell computers, one Latitude work and other Inspiron home. I tried create a new Hyper V Virtual Switch External. The Latitude works fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pavani Das, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Virtual Switch External chokes bandwidth

I have two Dell computers, one Latitude work and other Inspiron home.

I tried create a new Hyper V Virtual Switch External.

The Latitude works fine but the Inspiron chokes the bandwidth to 1/10 th or even less.

Both m/c s are on Windows Pro.

:)

Pavani Das, Feb 6, 2021
  2. cereberus Win User

Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch

Have you set the number of cores to 8 in hyer-v settings (virtual processor). No idea otherwise.

cereberus, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Portugal Win User
    Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch

Hello.
    After buying a new PC (its specs are on my profile), enabling Hyper-V and creating a new External Virtual Switch, I notice that the download speed drops dramatically. My internet conneciton is 1Gbps down and 200Mbps up.

Without External Virtual Switch:

Virtual Switch External chokes bandwidth [​IMG]

• Iperf with a host on the same LAN (upload 911Mbps, download 777Mbps):

• Lan Speed test (746 Mbps upload and 716 Mbps download):

With External Virtual Switch:

• CPU usage while on Speedtest (notice the first core is fully maxed out):

• Lan Speed Test (742 Mbps upload and 596Mbps download):

• Iperf with a host on the same LAN (upload 861 Mbps, download 583 Mbps):

• CPU usage while on Iperf (download) - Notice, once again, Core 1 fully maxed out​:

Conclusion

When the External Virtual Switch is enabled, I assume the download speed is lower due to the fact one CPU core is being maxed out, my question is why? Why isn't the load spread throughout the cores?
    Is anyone experiencing a similar issue?

Regards.

Portugal, Feb 6, 2021
  4. zorvek Win User

Virtual Switch External chokes bandwidth

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

Nothing is listed:

Kevin

zorvek, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Virtual Switch External chokes bandwidth

1. Virtual Switch External chokes bandwidth - Similar Threads - Virtual Switch External

2. Switching multiple virtual desktops on external monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching multiple virtual desktops on external monitor: Hi everyone, I need some help with switching virtual desktops. I used to have a MacBook pro and I was able to switch between multiple desktops on both my laptop and the monitor external display. I wasn't to be able to do the same, however when I switch desktops on my...
  3. De-choking the graphics card?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    De-choking the graphics card?: Hi Community, some graphics cards have identical chips but different settings for the production of the graphics cards due to cost reasons. Thus the RTX 2080 has the TU-104 and the RTX 2080 Super likewise. Is it actually possible in this example from the RTX 2080...
  4. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual desktop switch: Windows 10, laptop. Sometimes when I log onto my PC, the virtual desktop switches to the furthest on the right. I haven't seen anyone having the same problem, and it's bothering me. submitted by /u/grzesiu447 [link] [comments]...
  5. Not create Internel virtual switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not create Internel virtual switch: When I click on apply it doesn't create Jus show applying just applying......[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-create-internel-virtual-switch/f58e2230-7d5f-4bfe-a1d0-78533898b421
  6. bandwidth

bandwidth: why my bandwidth is not showing up 5ghz even though driver do support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bandwidth/c4927a5e-257f-439f-a9a4-ba54703b9e7f
  7. Removing old virtual switches

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Removing old virtual switches: I C! Yeah, I don't use the default switch because it has been disconnected from everything since a few host upgrades ago. I also had DL speed issues on host when using an external switch, but now all seems fine... EDIT: Tested real life single file DL speed from a...
  8. Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch: I get the error "bind failed: General access denied error" when I try to create an external virtual switch. [img] I tried running Hyper-V with as admin without success. Kevin 43133
  9. Virtual desktop switch

Virtual desktop switch: win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/ do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ??? (win+tab+1 .... did not worked) alt+tab -...
  10. Virtual hotspot doesn't share bandwidth

Virtual hotspot doesn't share bandwidth: Recently I switch windows 10 creator from windows 7 *Biggrin . I am trying to create a virtual wi-fi hotspot on windows 10 pc/desktop by cmd. and it create a virtual hotspot perfectly but problem is that it doesn't share my bandwidth from pc to my phone *Mad.I can connect...