Windows 10: Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809

Discus and support Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; After upgrading to v1809 I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On. Since then the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jareinertson, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809

After upgrading to v1809 I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On. Since then the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable to crate it automatically as it would normally. I can see the Default Switch appear for a few seconds in the Network Adapters, then its gone. This happens several time whenever I launch the Virtual Switch Manager.

I can create other virtual switches.
    Once the Virtual Switch Manager lists the Default Switch with a Load Failed message.

I have used netcfg -d command and Turned Hyper-V feature Off/On several times with no success.

Suggestions welcome. Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809 :) Thanks

:)

jareinertson, Mar 19, 2019
  2. zorvek Win User

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

Nothing is listed:

Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809 [​IMG]

Kevin

zorvek, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Dadicator Win User

I see Windows PowerShell Listed at top left corner --- It Does Not Say "Administrator" Maybe problem

Dadicator, Mar 19, 2019
  4. lignja8 Win User

Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809

i cant create external virtual switch *Wink
    so i use 1. solution
    tricked VM with internal switch and sharing options of wifi adapter
    thx

lignja8, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809