Windows 10: Virtualbox and Hyper-V

Discus and support Virtualbox and Hyper-V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Allegedly, virtualbox 6 and hyper-v can now coexist i..e you can run VB6 if Hyper-V is enabled - not tried it. 135596 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cereberus, Jun 27, 2019.

1. cereberus Win User

Virtualbox and Hyper-V

Allegedly, virtualbox 6 and hyper-v can now coexist i..e you can run VB6 if Hyper-V is enabled - not tried it.

:)

cereberus, Jun 27, 2019

2. Hyper-V

I tried to use the Oracle VirtualBox but unable to open a session because of Hyper-V, so said the error dialogue box. I then posted a question the Microsoft community and the response was this: Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature
    -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All. What does this mean considering that my i5 8250u, apparently, does not have Hyper-V enabled?

godzilla_304, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Virtualbox and Hyper-V

Hyper-V problems

Do you have any third party virtual machine programs such as Oracle Virtualbox or VMWare installed? If so, please uninstall them.

Could you describe the make and model of your computer?

I would also suggest you make sure your BIOS is updated.

How
    to setup a virtual machine using Hyper-V

Andre Da Costa, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Virtualbox and Hyper-V

1. Virtualbox and Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Virtualbox Hyper

2. Win 10 activation on Virtualbox

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 activation on Virtualbox: Hi, I had a Win 7 which I've upgraded to Win 10 and inside that Win 10 I've instaled virtualbox with win 10 technical preview to see what's comming next. Not long ago I've bought ssd and I've done clean installation and because motherboard and cpu was the same there was no...
  3. VirtualBox is saying that VT-x is not available, but it is?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VirtualBox is saying that VT-x is not available, but it is?: So this is my first thread on this site! :3 Nice to meet you all. :) I'm a Linux user who's started to come back to Windows to learn more about it (I need to, if I truly call myself a Geek). So, a bit of context. VirtualBox works just fine under Linux (Ubuntu), with VT-x,...
  4. Windows 10 Setup On VirtualBox Failing To Start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Setup On VirtualBox Failing To Start: When I Was Booting Up My Windows 10 and wanted to install it on Virtualbox it gave me an error. Heres What It Said: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired This operating system uses the Physical Address Extension feature to support systems with more than 4 GB of RAM....
  5. 0x803f7001 Virtualbox Ubuntu host and Windows 10 guest

0x803f7001 Virtualbox Ubuntu host and Windows 10 guest: Hi, I bought my laptop with Win10 pre-installed but then I decided to remove it to install Ubuntu and then have my windows 10 running from a virtual machine (Virtualbox). Before removing original pre-installed W10, I downloaded the ISO file. After intalling ubuntu, I...
  6. Can I activate two Windows 10 in the same VirtualBox?

Can I activate two Windows 10 in the same VirtualBox?: My host OS is Linux. In VirtualBox, there are two OSes: Windows 10 64-bit and Windows 10 32-bit. "64-bit" has been activated, but "32-bit" has not. If I activate "32-bit", will "64-bit" be deactivated? I have only one valid product key. 135001
  7. BSOD when installing Oracle VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD when installing Oracle VirtualBox: I'm currently trying to install VirtualBox 6.0.6 on my Windows 10 laptop, but halfway through the installation (I assume when it is trying to install the USB driver for it), I get a BSOD with the stop code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. I have updated my drivers, made sure I...
  8. VirtualBox not working with any VM despite having VT-x and VT-d, doesn't seem to be an...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VirtualBox not working with any VM despite having VT-x and VT-d, doesn't seem to be an...: Specs: ACER Nitro 5 Laptop: Intel i5-8300H @ 2.3GHz to 4.0GHz 8GB DDR4 RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Windows 10 Home. I am having a weird issue with any Virtual Machine, I can boot a VM, but after I press a single input, any OS I use freezes, the only way to fix this is...
  9. VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Customization
    VirtualBox: Trying to install VirtualBox on Windows 10 Pro. But Microsoft Store wont allow, says I only allow apps from their store. How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualbox/d15999ff-d19a-4131-8fac-9167d7075555
  10. VirtualBox Seamless Mode is grayed out or not working

in Windows 10 News
    VirtualBox Seamless Mode is grayed out or not working: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are trying to switch to Seamless Mode in VirtualBox virtual machine but it is not working, or the Seamless Mode option is grayed out, you can follow this article to get the solution. Users can press Host + [...] This post VirtualBox Seamless Mode is...