Windows 10: Virtualbox and Hyper-V

Discus and support Virtualbox and Hyper-V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Allegedly, virtualbox 6 and hyper-v can now coexist i..e you can run VB6 if Hyper-V is enabled - not tried it. 135596 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cereberus, Jun 27, 2019.

1. cereberus Win User

Virtualbox and Hyper-V

Allegedly, virtualbox 6 and hyper-v can now coexist i..e you can run VB6 if Hyper-V is enabled - not tried it.

:)

cereberus, Jun 27, 2019

2. Hyper-V

I tried to use the Oracle VirtualBox but unable to open a session because of Hyper-V, so said the error dialogue box. I then posted a question the Microsoft community and the response was this: Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature
    -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All. What does this mean considering that my i5 8250u, apparently, does not have Hyper-V enabled?

godzilla_304, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Virtualbox and Hyper-V

Hyper-V problems

Do you have any third party virtual machine programs such as Oracle Virtualbox or VMWare installed? If so, please uninstall them.

Could you describe the make and model of your computer?

I would also suggest you make sure your BIOS is updated.

How
    to setup a virtual machine using Hyper-V

Andre Da Costa, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Virtualbox and Hyper-V

1. Virtualbox and Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Virtualbox Hyper

2. Can't Uninstall VirtualBox 6.1.5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Uninstall VirtualBox 6.1.5: This is a Screenshot of the Error:I can't seem to find the "'r18kd76rlxc34qi901lhjdp5.msi'" file, which is causing this error. Also I check the "VirtualBox" folder, it doesn't contain the "uninstall.exe" file. I checked around for solutions followed this link :...
  3. Can't Uninstall VirtualBox 6.1.5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Uninstall VirtualBox 6.1.5: This is a Screenshot of the Error:I can't seem to find the "'r18kd76rlxc34qi901lhjdp5.msi'" file, which is causing this error. Also I check the "VirtualBox" folder, it doesn't contain the "uninstall.exe" file. I checked around for solutions followed this link :...
  4. Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver: I am Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver. I keep getting the error :Could not add the requested feature. the error is: The specified module could not be found.Can someone help me in resolving the issue as I am unable to connect my virtual boxes to the...
  5. Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver

Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver: I am Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver. I keep getting the error :Could not add the requested feature. the error is: The specified module could not be found.Can someone help me in resolving the issue as I am unable to connect my virtual boxes to the...
  6. How to install Kali Linux in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Kali Linux in VirtualBox: [IMG]Are you interested in exploring the world of cybersecurity? Installing Kali Linux in VirtualBox is a fundamental step that offers a convenient and safe environment to do so. It is a specialized Linux distribution designed for digital forensics, penetration testing, and...
  7. Raw-mode is unavailable courtesy of Hyper-V VirtualBox error

in Windows 10 News
    Raw-mode is unavailable courtesy of Hyper-V VirtualBox error: [ATTACH]Many users are unable to boot VM as when they try to do the same, then receive the following error message- Failed to open a session for the virtual machine. Raw-mode is unavailable courtesy of Hyper-V. (VERR_SUPDRV_NO_RAW_MODE_HYPER_V_ROOT). In this article, we are...
  8. why can't I run hyper-v inside virtualbox

why can't I run hyper-v inside virtualbox: Hi, recently I created a windows 10 pro virtual machine inside a windows 10 home OS using virtual box. I found that windows 10 pro has built in hypervisor called hyper-v. I have nested visualization turned on in virtual box and my processor also support it. I made a windows...
  9. Why can't Hyper-V play nicely with VirtualBox?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't Hyper-V play nicely with VirtualBox?: So, I use VM's mostly for curiosity at the moment, I have Windows 10 Pro, and so I decided to check and compare Hyper-V to VirtualBox, and VirtualBox seems vastly superior to Hyper-V (Hyper-V having no sound drivers is a big issue). So I decided to stick with VirtualBox,...
  10. Run Hyper-V, VirtualBox and VMware on same Computer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run Hyper-V, VirtualBox and VMware on same Computer: How to: Run Hyper-V, VirtualBox and VMware on same Computer [img] Information When hypervisor is enabled at boot of computer, only Type 1 Hypervisors like Hyper-V can run virtual machines. To run virtual machines on Type 2 Hypervisors like VirtualBox or VMware, hardware...