Windows 10: VirtualBox cannot start

Discus and support VirtualBox cannot start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I am running a fresh install of Windows 10 1909 because I changed my Hard drive to an SSD, and I cannot start my virtual machines that I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jaynill, Apr 27, 2020.

1. jaynill Win User

VirtualBox cannot start

Hello

I am running a fresh install of Windows 10 1909 because I changed my Hard drive to an SSD, and I cannot start my virtual machines that I have imported from my previous install of windows 10 1809. I have Hyper-v, sandbox, containers, and all other virtual machine related features that usually interfere with VirtualBox turned off. I have uninstalled and reinstalled VirtualBox and I have tried solutions from this forum and others:Unable To Start Oracle Virtual Machine but none of them work

VirtualBox cannot start 08c2ff96-b5aa-43f1-8b77-9e67a2a74d0d?upload=true.png VirtualBox cannot start c3240864-17bf-4e4d-b93d-53db2933c4c5?upload=true.png

I keep getting this error on all my virtual machines that I have.

Failed to start the virtual machine Mint.

Call to WHvSetupPartition failed: ERROR_SUCCESS Last=0xc000000d/87 VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED.

Result Code:
    Component: ConsoleWrap
    Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

:)

jaynill, Apr 27, 2020
  2. PuB_Evo Win User

Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

VirtualBox cannot start DirectX.png

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Fafhrd Win User
    BSODs starting Virtualbox VMs

Just an update. Puppy Linux works fine in Virtualbox on 10586.218 x86 on the Compaq laptop.

Next step is to check with the TP build 14332, which I'm not looking forward to... *Shock

Fafhrd, Apr 27, 2020
  4. VirtualBox cannot start

Windows 10 crashes when starting a VirtualBox (5.0.26) image after Windows 10 updates

Hi all,

after some Windows 10 updates were installed automatically yesterday and today, Windows crashes everytime I start a VirtualBox (5.0.26) image. VirtualBox Manager itself runs fine. The crash only occurs when I start theselected image. The new (black) window
    to start Win XP is shown and after 5 seconds Windows 10 host crashes.

Before the updates were applied VirtualBox ran perfect without any problems for ~ 1 year.

Windows updates applied:

• KB3176935
    • KB3176936
    • KB3176937
    • KB3193494
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player

BlueScreen Message while collecting data:

• SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIOIN

Codes from Event viewer:

• 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000096, 0xffff8080b7500890, 0xffff8080b7de7ce0, 0x0000000000000000)

Has anybody any idea how to fix?

Thanks

Thomas

ThomasEhrenberg, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

VirtualBox cannot start

1. VirtualBox cannot start - Similar Threads - VirtualBox cannot start

2. Cannot use Insider program in VirtualBox Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use Insider program in VirtualBox Machine: When one problem gets solved, another problem arises.I just installed Windows 11 after many struggles and now i cannot use the insider programit says that my pc does not have the minimum requirements to run insider programwhat should i do?...
  3. Cannot use Insider program in VirtualBox Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use Insider program in VirtualBox Machine: When one problem gets solved, another problem arises.I just installed Windows 11 after many struggles and now i cannot use the insider programit says that my pc does not have the minimum requirements to run insider programwhat should i do?...
  4. VirtualBox cannot register the DVD image

in Windows 10 News
    VirtualBox cannot register the DVD image: [IMG]When you install a Virtual Machine in VirtualBox, a vbox file is automatically created on your hard drive. This file is located at the installation location of your virtual machine. The vbox file contains the settings of your virtual machine. You can install a virtual...
  5. virtualbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virtualbox: Hello,The system finds VirtualBox and suggests to uninstall it manually, to run the update, but I am unable to find any app/program containing it. It's not shown in the Uninstall or Change the Program list. I do not have any Oracle installed on my PC either.Kind regards,TK...
  6. Ubuntu freezing or not starting in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    Ubuntu freezing or not starting in VirtualBox: [ATTACH]Virtual Machines are like a gateway to enjoying multiple OSs on a single system. A Windows user can enjoy Linux, Mac, and other operating systems. However, a lot of users are complaining that Ubuntu is freezing in Oracle VirtualBox. We are going to resolve this issue...
  7. Cannot boot windows 10 on virtualbox.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot boot windows 10 on virtualbox.: I can't boot windows 10 on virtualbox. When i'm trying to boot it with 'PAE/NX' option enabled in virtualbox machine settings, i am stuck at windows 10 logo. When i'm disabling this option pae/nx, then i get recovery error, when booting windows 10. help....
  8. Windows 10 Setup On VirtualBox Failing To Start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Setup On VirtualBox Failing To Start: When I Was Booting Up My Windows 10 and wanted to install it on Virtualbox it gave me an error. Heres What It Said: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired This operating system uses the Physical Address Extension feature to support systems with more than 4 GB of RAM....
  9. VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VirtualBox: I've been trying to install Andyroid but the install of virtual box always fails and removes itself with no message saying why. I have search and it seems some have git it to install without any fuss so there's little help for me on the internet. As you would expect 99% of...
  10. BSODs starting Virtualbox VMs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs starting Virtualbox VMs: Hi experts! Oracle VM VirtualBox v5.0.20r106931 installed on build 14332 this week. BSODs when starting both custom and preconstructed VMs - in this case a lucid puppy linux 5.2.0 from Puppy Linux | VirtualBoxes - Free VirtualBox® Images as well as a elementaryos linux...