Windows 10: VirtualBox Crashes Windows 10 After Virtual OS Shuts Down

Discus and support VirtualBox Crashes Windows 10 After Virtual OS Shuts Down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This happened to me today and I want to help others prevent this from happening to them. I was finishing up what I was doing on Kali Linux using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by thisblackguydoespc, May 21, 2020.

1. VirtualBox Crashes Windows 10 After Virtual OS Shuts Down

This happened to me today and I want to help others prevent this from happening to them.

I was finishing up what I was doing on Kali Linux using VirtualBox, when I shut down Kali from inside the OS. It froze for a second, thenblue screened. I got a Kernel Security Failure. Nothing was damaged, not that I could see, but was terrifying to see at first.

So in my conclusion, make sure to shutdown VirtualBox from the VirtualBox menu instead of from inside the virtual machine, in my case Kali Linux or it could crash or damage your Windows machine.

:)

thisblackguydoespc, May 21, 2020
  2. S_and_S Win User

Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, May 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 crashes when starting a VirtualBox (5.0.26) image after Windows 10 updates

Hi all,

after some Windows 10 updates were installed automatically yesterday and today, Windows crashes everytime I start a VirtualBox (5.0.26) image. VirtualBox Manager itself runs fine. The crash only occurs when I start theselected image. The new (black) window
    to start Win XP is shown and after 5 seconds Windows 10 host crashes.

Before the updates were applied VirtualBox ran perfect without any problems for ~ 1 year.

Windows updates applied:

• KB3176935
    • KB3176936
    • KB3176937
    • KB3193494
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player

BlueScreen Message while collecting data:

• SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIOIN

Codes from Event viewer:

• 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000096, 0xffff8080b7500890, 0xffff8080b7de7ce0, 0x0000000000000000)

Has anybody any idea how to fix?

Thanks

Thomas

ThomasEhrenberg, May 21, 2020
  4. arbj Win User

VirtualBox Crashes Windows 10 After Virtual OS Shuts Down

Installing Windows as a guest on a Virtual system (VirtualBox)

Hi,

Which version of Windows 10 professional or Windows 10 Home is best suited to be installed as a guest operating system on a Virtual system ?

The host operating system will be Mac OS (El Capitan) running on a Macbook Pro laptop.

I will be using VirtualBox software for this. I need to know which version of Windows 10, Home or Professional can be installed as the guest OS ?

thanks

a

Thema:

VirtualBox Crashes Windows 10 After Virtual OS Shuts Down

1. VirtualBox Crashes Windows 10 After Virtual OS Shuts Down - Similar Threads - VirtualBox Crashes Virtual

2. Windows randomly crashing/shutting down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows randomly crashing/shutting down.: I used a windows recovery option about two months ago to reinstall my windows and now I have a problem with my system randomly shutting down. It could be during playing video games or just watching youtube, sometimes it doesn't happen for a week and sometimes it could be a...
  3. Windows crashed shut down

Windows crashed shut down: My windows version : 1909 ( Build 18363.836) Windows 10 pro I can see only one critical message with crash log in the event viewer about an hour ago : General : The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped...
  4. Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox: SOLVED: Found out I had a simple emulator running that used VirtualBox to run. Every time i try to shut down this happens: [ATTACH] All the help I can find acts like I should know what a virtualbox is. Does anyone know what is going on?...
  5. HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox: Every time i try to shut down this happens: [ATTACH] All the help I can find acts like I should know what a virtualbox is. Does anyone know what is going on?...
  6. Windows 98 Virtual PC on Virtualbox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 98 Virtual PC on Virtualbox: Hi, my name is Tyler Hansen. I am trying to download a Windows 98 virtual PC on my Windows 10 computer with the goal of being able to run all of my old CD-Rom games. I was successfully able to complete the setup for Windows 98 on Virtualbox 6.1 following a tutorial on...
  7. PC Crashes after being shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Crashes after being shut down: I recently built a new PC, but am having a problem: When I shutdown my PC and leave it off for longer than an hour or two, when I turn it back on I get blue screens of death. The screens I get are: Memory Management System Thread Exception not Handled PAge Fault in...
  8. Robocalls RE Windows OS for 10 is shutting down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Robocalls RE Windows OS for 10 is shutting down: I got another robo call and was given a phone number to call. It stated that My OS under windows 10 had a license that was expiring and to call 835 245 3614 DO NOT CALL THEM as my system was shuttling down. I wanted all to know this number and to NOT call it. Windows and...
  9. RuntimeBroker shutting down virtual machine

RuntimeBroker shutting down virtual machine: My biggest client is a company in Charlotte that has 14 desktops on site and 4 Windows 10 virtual machines (three for a remote office, and one for a user that moves between locations). For over a decade, the virtual machines ran Windows XP and Office 2003 without incident....
  10. Install Windows 10 Virtual Machine in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Windows 10 Virtual Machine in VirtualBox: How to: Install Windows 10 Virtual Machine in VirtualBox How to Install Windows 10 as Virtual Machine in VirtualBox VirtualBox is a cross-platform virtualization application. What does that mean? For one thing, it installs on your existing Intel or AMD-based computers,...