Windows 10: Virtualbox Edge on Windows 10 VMs (free ones)

Discus and support Virtualbox Edge on Windows 10 VMs (free ones) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently downloaded the Windows 10 Edge vm to install into VirtualBox. By default it has 40GB of disk space and I used VBoxManage (virtual box path... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by spectre1982, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Virtualbox Edge on Windows 10 VMs (free ones)

I recently downloaded the Windows 10 Edge vm to install into VirtualBox. By default it has 40GB of disk space and I used VBoxManage (virtual box path command) to increase that size on the default vmdk to 80GB and import it as a vdi. For some reason though the Windows VM still reads 40GB, while VirtualBox says 80GB. Is the 40GB space limit hard coded into the .ova somehow?

:)

spectre1982, Oct 21, 2019
  2. GC1949 Win User

VirtualBox VM activation of Preview build 17763.104

I had issues with my Linux Mint 18.3 host using a VirtualBox VM of Windows 10 pro preview build, so I followed the procedure to "export" The Windows 10 VM and also saved the original VM intact in a separate folder on my data drive. After a clean install
    of Linux Mint 19 and installing the latest version of VirtualBox available in the repos I then imported the VM of Windows 10 that I had previously exported. This went smoothly enough, but the Windows 10 (Build 17763.104) now says it is not activated - whereas
    it has previously been activated for years through successive preview builds and even different versions of Linux Mint and VirtualBox versions (I don't recall ever having to activate it). I thought maybe the "export" of the VM was the issue, so copied back
    the ORIGINAL and UNCHANGED Windows 10 VM folder and opened that in VirtualBox. Now even that original Windows 10 Pro Preview build is no longer activated despite NO CHANGES to the VM itself from the previous hour before I reinstalled Linux Mint and VirtualBox.

How do I activate this? I have never had to before and have used this VM for years with every Insider preview update sent out.

GC1949, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 on VirtualBox VM Activation

I have a OS X Host on which I have VirtualBox. I have a valid (retail) Win7 Pro VM which I upgraded to Win10 Pro.

I like to make a backup of the VM incase of failure, I can just import my VM and back to work I go. When I do this, the restored VM is no longer activated and the product key that I used before is no longer valid.

How can I backup/restore my VM's without having to reinstall everything from scratch (Windows 7 to Windows 10) just so I can use the licensing that I already own.

I am not trying to run two machines at once. I just want my one VM with my valid license to be able to be backed up and restored efficiently.

Allan|Douglas, Oct 21, 2019
  4. hboers_ Win User

Virtualbox Edge on Windows 10 VMs (free ones)

Activation and Re-activation of Windows 10 Pro VM (VirtualBox, OSX Host) not working

I've moved a working and activated Windows 10 Pro VM (VirtualBox) from a Windows 10 Host to an OSX Host. The re-activation of the is not Working (Error Code 0xC004C003). I also moved a Windows 7 Pro VM that reactivate without problems. I tried everything
    mentioned in the process to activate. Nothing works or even outputs some useful hint or support contact.

• used another (afaik unused) product key. not working! Same Error Code.
    • created a new VM and installed a fresh Windows 10 pro. The new machine can not be activated!

Thus this seems to be a problem within the crappy M$ activation system.

Any useful hint how to activate this M$ crap would be highly appreciated.

hboers_, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Virtualbox Edge on Windows 10 VMs (free ones)

1. Virtualbox Edge on Windows 10 VMs (free ones) - Similar Threads - Virtualbox Edge VMs

2. Scan for Containers and dormant VMs On Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan for Containers and dormant VMs On Windows 10 ?: Hello how can I enable a scan for invasive containers and or dormant VMs on a Windows 10 machine?If we use a proxy "content accelerator" we can catch the container and take it "the proxy caught container" off line with transparent mode and dual use container duplication and...
  3. Scan for Containers and dormant VMs On Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan for Containers and dormant VMs On Windows 10 ?: Hello how can I enable a scan for invasive containers and or dormant VMs on a Windows 10 machine?If we use a proxy "content accelerator" we can catch the container and take it "the proxy caught container" off line with transparent mode and dual use container duplication and...
  4. Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox...: Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox found in my PC. How should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-manually-uninstall-virtualbox-for-update/b5563afc-3fde-4857-a06b-df3e80b22a62
  5. Windows 10 in VirtualBox -> licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 in VirtualBox -> licensing: I have downloaded Windows 10 VM from https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines/ and installed it using VirtualBox. It works well and I have been able to set up everything needed to develop in my company's .NET projects. However, the license is...
  6. free VPN for EDGE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    free VPN for EDGE: I have not paid much attention to using a VPN until recently. From time to time I use Opera with its built in VPN, it is a good browser anyway, but I want to continue with Edge as my default especially with the new version ---- so I thought it time to see what free VPNs I...
  7. Licensing Windows 10 within VMs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licensing Windows 10 within VMs: I'm a developer, and I'm sorta paranoid, so all my computers run Linux in work mode. I have a HDD with an official install of W7 for gaming, but some of my customers need me into Windows. So the natural answer is a Virtual Machine. Can I buy a license of W10 and then...
  8. Windows 10 on VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 on VirtualBox: I have installed my retail copy of Windows 10 on my main desktop. But before I did this I did the upgrade from Windows 8.1 and then converted the install.esd file into an iso. How can I activate this virtualbox copy? I thought it would have accepted the key from Windows...
  9. BSODs starting Virtualbox VMs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs starting Virtualbox VMs: Hi experts! Oracle VM VirtualBox v5.0.20r106931 installed on build 14332 this week. BSODs when starting both custom and preconstructed VMs - in this case a lucid puppy linux 5.2.0 from Puppy Linux | VirtualBoxes - Free VirtualBox® Images as well as a elementaryos linux...
  10. Upgrade your Windows 10 VMs while they're still free

in Windows 10 News
    Upgrade your Windows 10 VMs while they're still free: Courtesy of a discussion with ZDNet's Wizard-of-the-Windows, Ed Bott, I have a few additional thoughts and tricks to share. He suggests that, for some VMs, you might want to claim your upgrade entitlement, but stay on a current version until you're ready to go full steam...