Windows 10: Virtualbox extension won't install

Discus and support Virtualbox extension won't install in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I created a virtual machine and in the process created a user account that has administrator privileges. I then downloaded an extension to virtualbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rick_766, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Rick_766 Win User

Virtualbox extension won't install

I created a virtual machine and in the process created a user account that has administrator privileges. I then downloaded an extension to virtualbox 6.0.10 and tried to install it from that account, but, get the error "Exit code 1 membership in the administrator's group is required to perform this action". I then searched for this error message and found that the proposed solution was to run the virtualbox manager as administrator. When I do that and then click on the virtualbox machine definition icon I get the error "Fatal: Could not read from the boot medium! System halted." I'm a rookie at this virtual machine stuff as I just created the machine yesterday afternoon. Any help on this problem is greatly appreciated.

:)

Rick_766, Aug 9, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Aug 9, 2019
  3. PuB_Evo Win User
    Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

Virtualbox extension won't install DirectX.jpg

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Virtualbox extension won't install

update Ovi Store install stil won`t work

thanks for your reaction,phone won`t install the ovi-store

johnnyloco---01, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Virtualbox extension won't install

1. Virtualbox extension won't install - Similar Threads - Virtualbox extension won't

2. BSOD when installing Oracle VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD when installing Oracle VirtualBox: I'm currently trying to install VirtualBox 6.0.6 on my Windows 10 laptop, but halfway through the installation (I assume when it is trying to install the USB driver for it), I get a BSOD with the stop code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. I have updated my drivers, made sure I...
  3. VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Customization
    VirtualBox: Trying to install VirtualBox on Windows 10 Pro. But Microsoft Store wont allow, says I only allow apps from their store. How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualbox/d15999ff-d19a-4131-8fac-9167d7075555
  4. I can't install W10 1809 in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    I can't install W10 1809 in VirtualBox: I'm using VBox 5.2.26, and when I try to create a new VM using a recently downloaded 1809 ISO, I repeatedly get an error after the first few steps. When I tried to clean install from the same ISO in a working VM, I got a series of "Something went wrong OOBE???? Try again/Skip...
  5. Installing Windows10 on VirtualBox virtual machine

Installing Windows10 on VirtualBox virtual machine: Hi, I have created a virtual machine (using VirtualBox) on my Windows 10 Professional 10.0.17134.285 Surface Pro computer and would like to operate Windows 10 on that VM. (The purpose is to run Excel 64 bit within that machine. The physical machine is already running Excel...
  6. Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch

Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch: I run the installer and it appears to work but then I have two issues; 1. I get the following error when I try and launch virtualbox; Failed to acquire the virtual box COM object Completely failed to instantiate CLSID_VirtualBox: ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND 0x80070002. Result...
  7. Installing VirtualBox on an old computer. Will it protect me?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing VirtualBox on an old computer. Will it protect me?: Hey guys, I have another question I hope you can answer about safe networking. I have another old computer that I don't use (Windows XP). Can I install VirtualBox (or Sandboxie) on it and use it when I need to access sites that aren't exactly safe. For example, if I wanted...
  8. Vmware or virtualbox?

Vmware or virtualbox?: I have tested out vmware workstation and virtualbox and can't decide which is best, can you help me? 3559
  9. VirtualBox

VirtualBox: I've been trying to install Andyroid but the install of virtual box always fails and removes itself with no message saying why. I have search and it seems some have git it to install without any fuss so there's little help for me on the internet. As you would expect 99% of...
  10. Mouse stopped working after installing VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse stopped working after installing VirtualBox: Hello, as the title says my mouse has stopped working after I installed VirtualBox. While I was installing it asked to install a driver, I clicked ok and from that point the mouse stopped working. I've looked over the internet for about 3 hours and I still haven't managed to...