Windows 10: Virtualbox extension won't install

Discus and support Virtualbox extension won't install in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I created a virtual machine and in the process created a user account that has administrator privileges. I then downloaded an extension to virtualbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rick_766, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Rick_766 Win User

Virtualbox extension won't install

I created a virtual machine and in the process created a user account that has administrator privileges. I then downloaded an extension to virtualbox 6.0.10 and tried to install it from that account, but, get the error "Exit code 1 membership in the administrator's group is required to perform this action". I then searched for this error message and found that the proposed solution was to run the virtualbox manager as administrator. When I do that and then click on the virtualbox machine definition icon I get the error "Fatal: Could not read from the boot medium! System halted." I'm a rookie at this virtual machine stuff as I just created the machine yesterday afternoon. Any help on this problem is greatly appreciated.

:)

Rick_766, Aug 9, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Aug 9, 2019
  3. PuB_Evo Win User
    Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

Virtualbox extension won't install DirectX.jpg

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Virtualbox extension won't install

update Ovi Store install stil won`t work

thanks for your reaction,phone won`t install the ovi-store

johnnyloco---01, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Virtualbox extension won't install

1. Virtualbox extension won't install - Similar Threads - Virtualbox extension won't

2. Windows 11 Update Won't Install Extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Won't Install Extensions: All new updates from 2/14/2023 were successfully installed on my 1 year old HP Pavilion Gaming PC. The next day, all of the extensions shown below appeared on Windows Update. None of them would install. I used the Update Troubleshooter, which detected that there was an issue...
  3. Windows 11 Update Won't Install Extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update Won't Install Extensions: All new updates from 2/14/2023 were successfully installed on my 1 year old HP Pavilion Gaming PC. The next day, all of the extensions shown below appeared on Windows Update. None of them would install. I used the Update Troubleshooter, which detected that there was an issue...
  4. SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR after installing VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR after installing VirtualBox: I had installed VirtualBox and was running Ubuntu on it. As soon as I closed the virtual machine, I was hit with the BSOD with stop code: SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR.I was tweaking the RAM and core usage on it for a few hours. In the end when I had assigned it 4 cores out of 12 and...
  5. Raw Image extension won't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Raw Image extension won't install: Hello,I am on version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1466 and tried to install the Raw image extension. When I click get it shows a dialog box including the message: Thanks for your interest in the Raw Image Extension. You can acquire the extension to install on your devices, but...
  6. Raw Image extension won't install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Raw Image extension won't install: Hello,I am on version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1466 and tried to install the Raw image extension. When I click get it shows a dialog box including the message: Thanks for your interest in the Raw Image Extension. You can acquire the extension to install on your devices, but...
  7. Raw Image extension won't install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows won't update beacuse of virtualbox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't update beacuse of virtualbox: I'm trying to update Windows but it's telling me I have to remove virtualbox. I don't have virtualbox installed but I had a couple apps that uses virtulization, those apps are bluestacks and nox. I uninstalled both apps but it still thinks virtualbox is installed. I even...
  9. Virtualbox Windows installing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtualbox Windows installing: [IMG] I wanna install windows 10 pro in VirtualBox but I can't because I get every time error code 0x80070570 and I'm using Dell G5 15 so I wanna how can I fix it...
  10. installing vm VirtualBox extension pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    installing vm VirtualBox extension pack: I am trying to download a vm VirtualBox extension pack from VirtualBox site, but when it is downloaded it cannot be installed. when I ope it through an error message says: " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app...