Windows 10: VirtualBox Interface has active connections error message when shutting down

Discus and support VirtualBox Interface has active connections error message when shutting down in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In this article, we will describe the methods to fix the issue where VirtualBox Interface won’t allow PC to shut down. Some users have reported that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 31, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

VirtualBox Interface has active connections error message when shutting down

In this article, we will describe the methods to fix the issue where VirtualBox Interface won’t allow PC to shut down. Some users have reported that they have experienced such a type of issue on their Windows 10 computers. According to them, every time they turn off their system, a program, “VirtualBox Interface” prevents it from shutting down. The weird thing is that they have not installed this type of program on their computer.

Fix VirtualBox Interface has active connections error message

You may get this error if you have installed the BlueStacks emulator on your computer. Because users get the message, “VirtualBox Interface is still active,” while shutting down their system, they cannot identify that it is the BlueStacks that is preventing their system from turning off. There may also be some other causes of the issue, but in most of the cases, the error was caused due to BlueStacks.

VirtualBox Interface has active connections error message when shutting down [​IMG]

The following solutions may help you:

1. Disable concerned tasks in Task Scheduler.
    2. Disable all the Startup processes.
    3. Update or reinstall BlueStacks.
    4. Uninstall BlueStacks and look for another software.
    1] Disable concerned tasks in Task Scheduler

VirtualBox Interface has active connections error message when shutting down [​IMG]

Disable all such tasks in the Task Scheduler app that you think may be connected to this issue and see if it helps. To do so, launch the Task Scheduler app and click on the Task Scheduler Library on the left pane. Wait for a while until it displays all the tasks. Now, right-click on each task and select Disable.

Restart your computer and see if you are getting the same VirtualBox message during the restart.

2] Disable all the startup processes using Task Manager

If the above method did not help you, try disabling all the startup processes using Task Manager.

Launch the Task Manager and click on the Startup tab.

Select the processes one by one and click Disable.

When you are done, restart your computer and see if the same message appears again.

3] Update or reinstall BlueStacks

If you have an older version of BlueStacks, you may encounter this problem. This is because the older versions of the software may have bugs that prevent your system from shutting down.

Follow the below-listed steps to update the BlueStacks:

1. Launch BlueStacks on your computer.
    2. Click on the Settings, available on the bottom right side of the software.
    3. Click About on the left side.
    4. Click Check for updates.

After updating the emulator, shut down your system and see whether the VirtualBox Interface prevents your computer from turning off or not.

If it doesn’t fix the issue, uninstall and reinstall it again by downloading the latest version from its official website.

4] Uninstall BlueStacks and look for another software

If the above methods did not help you fix the issue, uninstall BlueStacks. If you really need BlueStacks, you can look for its alternatives.

Hope this helps.

Related posts:

This article VirtualBox Interface has active connections error message when shutting down first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 31, 2021

2. VirtualBox Interface does not allow PC to shut down

I can not shut down my PC because it writes that VirtualBox Interface is still active and prevents it from shutting down. But I do not remember that I have installed this software

MargaretB92, May 31, 2021
  3. Taz100420 Win User
    Kasperskys shutting itself off

I awoke this morning to a error message saying that kasperskys has encounter a error and shuts off, then I restart and about 10 mins later does it again. any suggestions?

Taz100420, May 31, 2021
  4. PuB_Evo Win User

Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, May 31, 2021
Thema:

1. VirtualBox Interface has active connections error message when shutting down - Similar Threads - VirtualBox Interface has

2. error message causing my pc to shut down and restart when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error message causing my pc to shut down and restart when gaming: hi all, ive been having trouble with my pc ever since i installed my new mobo and cpu. it shuts down completely and then restarts every time I play a game, specs below. error listed aswellCPU: Ryzen 5 5600xMotherboard: Msi b550 bazookaRAM: 16 gb Corsair veangeance pro...
  3. Error Message as PC is shutting down - PC Shuts down faster than I can read the error...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Message as PC is shutting down - PC Shuts down faster than I can read the error...: Hello,When I go to shut down Windows, I see the usual screen that lists apps that need to be closed before the computer can shut down. Usually I just wait and my PC then shuts down it's self.However, ever since I installed a Net Framework update, which is only a guess, I am...
  4. When i shut down my pc it said virtualbox interface has actuve connections

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When i shut down my pc it said virtualbox interface has actuve connections: So i was editing a video and had a couple of programs open when my screen went black for a couple of seconds and went back to normal. This happened a couple of times. Notes: i needed to animate a part for my video so i opened bluestacks but for some reason it was laggy. So i...
  5. enabling verbose messages when starting and shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    enabling verbose messages when starting and shutting down: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/tro...tatus-messages I like seeing this. I had to use the registry method, did not see it in group policy editor, why is that? I have pro version 2OH2 168935
  6. Error message when shutting down the PC?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error message when shutting down the PC?: When I shut down my PC I get a message that I can't read because it disappears immediately and the typical Windows sound is also I ask for your help Fehlermeldung beim Herunterfahren vom PC?
  7. Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox: SOLVED: Found out I had a simple emulator running that used VirtualBox to run. Every time i try to shut down this happens: [ATTACH] All the help I can find acts like I should know what a virtualbox is. Does anyone know what is going on?...
  8. HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox: Every time i try to shut down this happens: [ATTACH] All the help I can find acts like I should know what a virtualbox is. Does anyone know what is going on?...
  9. Way to bring back the "Windows has unexpectedly shut down" message?

in Windows 10 Support
    Way to bring back the "Windows has unexpectedly shut down" message?: Context: A family member of mine uses the same PC as mine and I've already told her countless times to wait for the lights on the PC to disappear before unplugging, however sometimes she doesn't and as a result I've had to wait for five minutes for the Windows logo to even...
  10. Error message saying Flow Will Now Shut Down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error message saying Flow Will Now Shut Down: I get an irritating message every time I boot up the computer saying "Error occurred - Flow will now shutdown. What is Flow and how do I get rid of thisirritating message?? It comes up with an "F" logo on the taskbar but a thorough search in the computer fails to find the...