Windows 10: VirtualBox Problems

Discus and support VirtualBox Problems in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, Tried posting this on r/VirtualBox but got hardly any responses. I am running VB version 6.1.0 on Windows 10 Home on a Lenovo IdeaPad S340.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JakeytheSnakey1, Apr 19, 2020.

1. VirtualBox Problems

Hello all,

Tried posting this on r/VirtualBox but got hardly any responses. I am running VB version 6.1.0 on Windows 10 Home on a Lenovo IdeaPad S340. I can't run any of my Guests all of the sudden (Win Server 2012, my Linux VMs, as well as my XP VM).

I tried enabling Local Group Policy Editor searching for "Device Guard" which supposedly fixes the problem but didn't see an option for "Device Guard" under Computer Configuration>Admin Templates>System, which is where it's supposed to be.

Next, I verified that Intel Virtual Technology is enabled (and it is).

I'm left to believe that my hardware somehow doesn't support Virtualization, which is impossible considering the fact that I have been able to run VMs for months in the past with this computer. It presents me with

VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM failed: VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API (VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API).

VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

The computer has a Intel Core i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical

submitted by /u/JakeytheSnakey1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JakeytheSnakey1, Apr 19, 2020
  2. PuB_Evo Win User

Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

VirtualBox Problems DirectX.png

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Apr 19, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Cyvain Win User

VirtualBox Problems

Virtualbox Virtual Machine Problem

I have done what you suggested, Minecraft is working fine now but I am not even getting the 2 cutscenes on dune anymore now. Could it be the iso of the game causing the problems or is there anything else in the vm that could be messing it up?

Cyvain, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

VirtualBox Problems

1. VirtualBox Problems - Similar Threads - VirtualBox Problems

2. how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?: I am trying to install window 11 on my pc and it keeps telling me to uninstall VirtualBox which i do not have, i tried to instal virtual box and completly remove it and i also removed all possible emulators and files and restarted multiple time yet it still shows the same...
  3. how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?: I am trying to install window 11 on my pc and it keeps telling me to uninstall VirtualBox which i do not have, i tried to instal virtual box and completly remove it and i also removed all possible emulators and files and restarted multiple time yet it still shows the same...
  4. "Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox on Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox on Mac: Hi, I have a mid 2011 iMac running Mac Os High Sierra running virtualbox 6.0.I know very old computer and software.Anyway I keep running into a problem where I start up the VM and it says "Why did my pc restart?" I found a post on how to fix it on windows but I haven't found...
  5. "Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox on Mac

"Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox on Mac: Hi, I have a mid 2011 iMac running Mac Os High Sierra running virtualbox 6.0.I know very old computer and software.Anyway I keep running into a problem where I start up the VM and it says "Why did my pc restart?" I found a post on how to fix it on windows but I haven't found...
  6. "Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox on Mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Screen flickering Problem after installing VMWare/VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering Problem after installing VMWare/VirtualBox: I have HP 15s-fr1004tu laptop. It has Windows 11 installed in it. When I first time installed VMWare, my laptop showed a BSOD. And then when I restarted my laptop, the screen was flickering. I panicked so much, I didn't what to do. Then I uninstalled VMWare, then the problem...
  8. Screen flickering Problem after installing VMWare/VirtualBox

Screen flickering Problem after installing VMWare/VirtualBox: I have HP 15s-fr1004tu laptop. It has Windows 11 installed in it. When I first time installed VMWare, my laptop showed a BSOD. And then when I restarted my laptop, the screen was flickering. I panicked so much, I didn't what to do. Then I uninstalled VMWare, then the problem...
  9. Virtualbox problem: the setup of windows 10 ISO is on a loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualbox problem: the setup of windows 10 ISO is on a loop: I made my own Windows 10 ISO file using MSMG toolkit, removing apps from windows to make a "LTSC" kinda version of my own.. i followed a tutorial from youtube to make the ISO.My ISO is aroung 10gb. When i start the virtualbox i put 4gb ram, followed the recommended settings...
  10. Virtualbox problem: the setup of windows 10 ISO is on a loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtualbox problem: the setup of windows 10 ISO is on a loop: I made my own Windows 10 ISO file using MSMG toolkit, removing apps from windows to make a "LTSC" kinda version of my own.. i followed a tutorial from youtube to make the ISO.My ISO is aroung 10gb. When i start the virtualbox i put 4gb ram, followed the recommended settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtulabox6 VERR_VMX_NO_VMX windows10