Windows 10: Virtualbox, redirect or port forward outgoing vm connection to the host

Discus and support Virtualbox, redirect or port forward outgoing vm connection to the host in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have a windows10 Virtualbox host and a ubuntu vm. I want redirect all the outgoing connections to the ports 80 and 443 to a proxy which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SkyTeeth, May 9, 2020.

1. Virtualbox, redirect or port forward outgoing vm connection to the host

Hi, I have a windows10 Virtualbox host and a ubuntu vm. I want redirect all the outgoing connections to the ports 80 and 443 to a proxy which is listening on the host machine (windows10) Anyone know how to do that ? I have tried the following netsh lines:

netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=* listenport=80 connectaddress=127.0.0.1 connectport=8080

netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=* listenport=443 connectaddress=127.0.0.1 connectport=8080

but doesn't work.

submitted by /u/SkyTeeth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SkyTeeth, May 9, 2020
  2. hboers_ Win User

Activation and Re-activation of Windows 10 Pro VM (VirtualBox, OSX Host) not working

I've moved a working and activated Windows 10 Pro VM (VirtualBox) from a Windows 10 Host to an OSX Host. The re-activation of the is not Working (Error Code 0xC004C003). I also moved a Windows 7 Pro VM that reactivate without problems. I tried everything
    mentioned in the process to activate. Nothing works or even outputs some useful hint or support contact.

• used another (afaik unused) product key. not working! Same Error Code.
    • created a new VM and installed a fresh Windows 10 pro. The new machine can not be activated!

Thus this seems to be a problem within the crappy M$ activation system.

Any useful hint how to activate this M$ crap would be highly appreciated.

hboers_, May 9, 2020
  3. GC1949 Win User
    VirtualBox VM activation of Preview build 17763.104

I had issues with my Linux Mint 18.3 host using a VirtualBox VM of Windows 10 pro preview build, so I followed the procedure to "export" The Windows 10 VM and also saved the original VM intact in a separate folder on my data drive. After a clean install
    of Linux Mint 19 and installing the latest version of VirtualBox available in the repos I then imported the VM of Windows 10 that I had previously exported. This went smoothly enough, but the Windows 10 (Build 17763.104) now says it is not activated - whereas
    it has previously been activated for years through successive preview builds and even different versions of Linux Mint and VirtualBox versions (I don't recall ever having to activate it). I thought maybe the "export" of the VM was the issue, so copied back
    the ORIGINAL and UNCHANGED Windows 10 VM folder and opened that in VirtualBox. Now even that original Windows 10 Pro Preview build is no longer activated despite NO CHANGES to the VM itself from the previous hour before I reinstalled Linux Mint and VirtualBox.

How do I activate this? I have never had to before and have used this VM for years with every Insider preview update sent out.

GC1949, May 9, 2020
  4. Virtualbox, redirect or port forward outgoing vm connection to the host

Can you allow the host to use the VM network connection?

If you use a VM...

this is possible although not immediately obviously useful. My situation was one where the vm os was able to change settings on a wireless network adapter which allowed me to pick up the signal at a useable strength. The host could not do this. So I was in the weird situation where the vm os - backtrack - had internet but the host - osx 10.6 - did not. Annoying.

Easily corrected as follows:
    1. connect the vm to the network, in my case this was wireless so wlan0
    2. set up the vm so that is has a local network with the host, make sure the host can ping the vm. In my case this meant enabling eth0 in the vm
    3. set up ip forward and iptables masquerade rules on the vm.
    4. change the default route of the host to be the vm local ip
    5. enjoy the vm network via the host

now I imagine some readers will want more detail on ip forward and masquerade with iptables but there are a lot of tutorials out there for this stuff. It depends on the vm os but if you are using linux then

ip forward with:
    $ echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

iptables rules something like this
    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s $PRIVATE -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

{clearly $PRIVATE is your private subnet, set the rules up to run at ifup}

*Smile Virtualbox, redirect or port forward outgoing vm connection to the host :)

MatteusBlanc, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Virtualbox, redirect or port forward outgoing vm connection to the host

1. Virtualbox, redirect or port forward outgoing vm connection to the host - Similar Threads - Virtualbox redirect port

2. Forwarded port filtered

in Windows 10 Support
    Forwarded port filtered: Hello My name is Bo and I live in Sweden. I'm a member of a small songgroup and we try to find a way to reherse from our different homes- (Normal Videoconference software have far too much latency). we have found a software which seems to do the work if we can have a server...
  3. Port forward

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Port forward: Why do the various sites online for checking the router's open ports see the doors closed, while they are open? I have a Fastweb Fastgate router. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/7c87e27e-60f9-4ff3-9582-f20582de3024
  4. Port Forward

Port Forward: How do I port forward? I tried portforward.com but did not work.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/00a563a6-dab5-478b-9547-f6c19f73e1a8
  5. PORT FORWARDING

PORT FORWARDING: HEY, i tried a lot!!! but i am not successful in port fordwarding... where is the problem, i don't know. How to solve.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forwarding/581bf140-fd49-471c-8412-dc44d9023e79
  6. Port forwarding issue

Port forwarding issue: I have a public IP address and sometimes host game servers on my PC. I was perfectly able to do this before, but now any server that I create doesn't seem to be visible from the outside of network. I made no changes to the network configuration, the only thig that appears to...
  7. Port Forwarding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Port Forwarding: Need to open up ports for an upcoming project (HTTPs, SSH, and RDP). I've added all these services in the "port forwarding" section of my network settings. However when scanning with netstat, I cannot find these ports enabled. Pinging directly with telnet I get a failed...
  8. Ark port forwarding and DMZ hosting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ark port forwarding and DMZ hosting: Hey guy been playing ark for while and jusy got the full game on windows store for cross play i i did all the ports for the xbox 1 but when i active my DMZ host my alternate port for my xbox changes i tried with it on and off with port forwarding but i still can find my...
  9. Can't port forwarding

Can't port forwarding: [ATTACH] Port serviciu = Service port Port intern = Intern port Adresa IP = IP Address Protocol = Protocol Toate = All Stare = Status Activat = On/Activated Modificare = Modify Stergere = Delete I am trying to portforward a server but it doesn't work [ATTACH] I...
  10. Port forwarding help

Port forwarding help: How can i make port forwarding? I can't seem to make it. 86212