Windows 10: VirtualBox Seamless Mode is grayed out or not working

Discus and support VirtualBox Seamless Mode is grayed out or not working in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are trying to switch to Seamless Mode in VirtualBox virtual machine but it is not working, or the Seamless Mode option is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 23, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

VirtualBox Seamless Mode is grayed out or not working

WinClub, Apr 23, 2019

2. Liniux Mint and VirtualBox 5.02 in seamless mode

I appreciate there are hundreds of similar questions, but I couldn't find the right one that is still working for me.

My need is to have Windows running in an integrated way so to have Word or Excel showing up as a "native" windows in linux and not be confined in the QT VirtualBox window.

I assume the seamless mode is the one I need, but all the time I start the virtualbox from CLI, the app runs but I can't see any way to access to the app if not entering in the VM (which in seamless mode doesn't allow interaction).

What am I doing wrong?

That's the script I put together looking at similar answers:

Any idea or help is welcome.
    Andrea

Andrea Moro, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Ouroborus Win User
    Ubuntu VirtualBox seamless mode doesn't work well

This seems like a misunderstanding of what seamless mode does and how it behaves. The main purpose of seamless mode is to make desktop apps on the virtual machine visually appear as though they are running on the host's desktop. This doesn't include desktop items such as the unity bar.

This how-to article includes screenshots that appear to confirm this.

Ouroborus, Apr 23, 2019
  4. VirtualBox Seamless Mode is grayed out or not working

"Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

VirtualBox Seamless Mode is grayed out or not working

1. VirtualBox Seamless Mode is grayed out or not working - Similar Threads - VirtualBox Seamless Mode

2. Wifi, Bluetooth, or Airplane mode not working grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi, Bluetooth, or Airplane mode not working grayed out: My laptop was working fine on Wednesday after all the updates. Was not any having any connectivity issues until today when I have to work.There was no icon or setting for wifi connections. Bluetooth troubleshooter said my lapttop does not have the capabilities. And the...
  3. Wifi, Bluetooth, or Airplane mode not working grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi, Bluetooth, or Airplane mode not working grayed out: My laptop was working fine on Wednesday after all the updates. Was not any having any connectivity issues until today when I have to work.There was no icon or setting for wifi connections. Bluetooth troubleshooter said my lapttop does not have the capabilities. And the...
  4. Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out: Before, airplane mode was grayed out but Fn + PrtScr worked to toggle it.Then, I disabled the Airplane Mode Switch Collection in device management, turned WLAN Autoconfig back on, enabled WiFi adapter in control panel, restarted the laptop, and then airplane wasn't grayed out...
  5. Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out: Before, airplane mode was grayed out but Fn + PrtScr worked to toggle it.Then, I disabled the Airplane Mode Switch Collection in device management, turned WLAN Autoconfig back on, enabled WiFi adapter in control panel, restarted the laptop, and then airplane wasn't grayed out...
  6. airplane mode on and grayed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    airplane mode on and grayed out: airport mode on and grayed out. cannot access wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode-on-and-grayed-out/c6606e1d-8b05-4d3d-afd1-edccea90379d
  7. Flight mode is grayed out: Cannot be toggled on or off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flight mode is grayed out: Cannot be toggled on or off: I have Acer VN7-592G in which I recently installed an M.2 SSD and a fresh install of Windows on it. Everything works fine on the computer except the flight mode toggle. It cannot be toggled. I try to access it from the bottom right but nothing happens when I click it. When I...
  8. Airplane mode is grayed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airplane mode is grayed out: Just bought a refurbished Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and it is stuck in Airplane Mode. The problem is that it is grayed out so you can't turn it on or off. Consequently no wifi. Help! Thanks...
  9. VirtualBox 5.0.0 is out

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VirtualBox 5.0.0 is out: Just noticed that there's a new version of VirtualBox out, version 5.0.0. One thing that I'm hoping it will do is emulate detachable USB drives... this is mentioned (although I'm not sure I've got it working properly - I'm hoping to convince Windows it's a USB drive to...
  10. Virtualbox 4.3.22 is out

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtualbox 4.3.22 is out: Users of Oracle Virtualbox who haven't already spotted it may like to know that version 4.3.22 is out. It now includes Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit) in the list of Operating Systems and I believe it's had some other fixes to help with running Windows 10. Not tried it much...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtualbox seamless mode not available

2. windows 10 seamless mode

3. oracle virtual box seamless mode greyed out

4. virtualbox seamless mode not available greyed out,
  5. windows 10 virtualbox virtualization hardware grayed