Windows 10: VirtualBox unable to allocate and lock memory

Discus and support VirtualBox unable to allocate and lock memory in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]When creating a virtual machine, you are asked to allocate some memory to it. When allocating the memory to the VM, it’s necessary to consider the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 26, 2024.

1. WinClub New Member

VirtualBox unable to allocate and lock memory

VirtualBox unable to allocate and lock memory [​IMG]
    When creating a virtual machine, you are asked to allocate some memory to it. When allocating the memory to the VM, it’s necessary to consider the actual system memory. We have noticed that VirtualBox is unable to allocate and lock memory as the host doesn’t have enough system memory. In this post, we will discuss in […]

This article VirtualBox unable to allocate and lock memory first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 26, 2024
  2. Teemka79 Win User

virtualbox

Hello,

The system finds VirtualBox and suggests to uninstall it manually, to run the update, but I am unable to find any app/program containing it. It's not shown in the Uninstall or Change the Program list. I do not have any Oracle installed on my PC either.

Kind regards,

TK

Teemka79, May 26, 2024
  3. unable to turn on memory integrity

unable to turn on memory integrity and it suggests a incompatible driver but no driver is listed as incompatible

Thomas Hagan1, May 26, 2024
  4. QinX Win User

Can't get full memory allocation

Yes I've tried, even going as low as 4GB results in the "Memory Lock failed".
    Stepping down to 3GB, below the 3328MB it does work.

Thema:

1. VirtualBox unable to allocate and lock memory - Similar Threads - VirtualBox unable allocate

2. Windows memory allocation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows memory allocation: I have dell inspiron 15 , Ryzen 5 7000 series laptop. I am using windows 11.after installed Ubuntu 22.04, the memory allocation got reduced to 2GB usable out 8GB for Windows 11 .Kindly assist. As the windows 11 is getting many crashing errors and got the system slower....
  3. Windows memory allocation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows memory allocation: I have dell inspiron 15 , Ryzen 5 7000 series laptop. I am using windows 11.after installed Ubuntu 22.04, the memory allocation got reduced to 2GB usable out 8GB for Windows 11 .Kindly assist. As the windows 11 is getting many crashing errors and got the system slower....
  4. VmmemWSL Memory Allocation Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VmmemWSL Memory Allocation Issue: I've been using the Ubuntu app on my windows 11 laptop, after the most recent windows update I have had issues with VmmemWSL using all my RAM. Gone through wsl.config fixes and it's not working, it goes up to 7GB after just a few commands/python scripts.Please help!...
  5. VmmemWSL Memory Allocation Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VmmemWSL Memory Allocation Issue: I've been using the Ubuntu app on my windows 11 laptop, after the most recent windows update I have had issues with VmmemWSL using all my RAM. Gone through wsl.config fixes and it's not working, it goes up to 7GB after just a few commands/python scripts.Please help!...
  6. Unable to allocate backup engine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to allocate backup engine: I just finished installing Windows 10 from Windows 7 last night, and now when I log into my computer, as everything is loading and booting up, I get an error message telling me something about being unable to allocate backup engine. I'm not sure what that is, or how important...
  7. Limit Memory Allocated to Cached

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Limit Memory Allocated to Cached: My Windows OS and all hardware work great with 1.3GB of cached memory, but over time Windows will ask for more, without any good purpose. I don't want to allow Windows to use more than it needs, I need the other memory for other applications, and if Windows Caches memory its...
  8. error: HAL MEMORY ALLOCATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error: HAL MEMORY ALLOCATION: During start up, my laptop gives an error HAL MEMORY ALLOCATION, 0x000000AC and a blue screen. I have Lenovo ThinkPad T61, Windows 10 pro 64 bit, 2004. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-hal-memory-allocation/ed054c97-5087-497e-8b15-ea7cc2c49e53
  9. Increasing graphics video memory allocation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increasing graphics video memory allocation: How do I increase graphics video memory allocation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increasing-graphics-video-memory-allocation/c78dbb7a-a29a-49ff-a759-8ad770dda0f6
  10. Slow memory allocation on Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow memory allocation on Windows: Hi, I have implemented a program and found out that the performance of allocation a lot of memory is severely limited on Windows. Allocating and reusing a single chunk of memory (10 MB) is actually fast, but initializing a lot of new memory (30 GB) is very slow and...