Windows 10: virtualbox win 10 guest very slow

Discus and support virtualbox win 10 guest very slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently, I would like to upgrade virtualbox win 7 guest to win 10. After upgraded, I found that it is very slow and always high CPU (usually 40-100%).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hkkenw, Feb 25, 2018.

1. hkkenw Win User

virtualbox win 10 guest very slow

Recently, I would like to upgrade virtualbox win 7 guest to win 10. After upgraded, I found that it is very slow and always high CPU (usually 40-100%). Is there a way to solve this issue?

:)

hkkenw, Feb 25, 2018

2. Moving a Windows 10 virtualbox guest pc to a new host. Any issues?

I have a virtualbox pc running Windows 10 Home (upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium, which was installed with a full retail key). I need to move this guest to a new host. I've done this before with Win7 guests, although sometimes I've had to do the
    telephone re-authentication. Are there any issues with doing this with Windows 10?

(And no, I'm not trying to run 2 copies of this guest. I'll be doing a full shutdown of the guest, and virtualbox. I'll copy the files to the new host and remove them from the old host after the migration is successful.)

Florida_Matt, Feb 25, 2018
  3. Windows 10 very slow sign-in on standard user account

My problem is exactly what this thread is about. My Admin account is very slow and the new guest account is operating at normal speed. My Edge icon in the task bar has even disappeared, but if I hover over the old location it will open Edge but at the
    same slow speed as everything else.

I tried Method 1 and Method 2 in your October 1 post, with no changes apparent.

What I would like to do is to have my guest account recognize my installed programs such as Office and then elevate it to Administrator. After that I would like to delete the currently very slow Admin account.

Hopefully I would then be back to the speed I had when I first converted to Win 10 from Win 8.1 back in August.

Hope there is a solution you can suggest.

Pistol Pete 06, Feb 25, 2018
  4. virtualbox win 10 guest very slow

You are running the latest build of Windows 10 on the Virtual Box?

What settings do you have set for this Windows 10 VM? Are you still using Windows 7 drivers within the VM?

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 3, 2018
Thema:

virtualbox win 10 guest very slow

1. virtualbox win 10 guest very slow - Similar Threads - virtualbox guest very

2. Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox: [ATTACH]It may happen that you are unable to install Guest Additions to a virtual machine in Oracle VirtualBox. When we click on Devices > Install Guest Additions CD Image, it does nothing but throw an error as follows: VirtualBox – Error: Unable to insert the virtual optical...
  3. Win 10 on D257 is very slow...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 on D257 is very slow...: Among the computers I have is an Acer D257 (Atom N455, 1.67 GHz, 1 GB ram) which I installed Win 10 on during the free upgrade program. I like to use it for listening to music while I work outside because it is louder than my SW1-011 but compared to the SW1 (or anything else...
  4. win 10 home very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 home very slow: win 10 home is super slow after updates. The websites I am on keep closing on me and I lose my work and have to login again no matter which browser I use. My searches are being redirected. when I type a letter the letter besides it prints instead. My cursor freezes and...
  5. Very very slow win 10

Very very slow win 10: My Desktop taking too much time to open. Even after opening a circle keeps spining and does not alow to open any thing. Clicking PC icon takes too much time to show all the partition and drives. Even right click context menu takes time. Adobe DC is installed but pdf files...
  6. How to activate Windows 10 guest in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to activate Windows 10 guest in VirtualBox: I have updated my OS to Windows 10 which has been activated during the upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit. I have added Windows 10 as a guest in Virtualbox, how do I validate the Windows 10 guest? 25675
  7. Beta VirtualBox Guest Additions working

Beta VirtualBox Guest Additions working: If anyone is using VirtualBox the test version of guest additions 4.3.21.97986 from here Testbuilds – Oracle VM VirtualBox seems to work with build 9926. The display adapter driver now loads correctly (which doesn't work in the current 4.3.20 version). 4135
  8. Win 10 as guest in virtualbox (with LinuxMint as host)

Win 10 as guest in virtualbox (with LinuxMint as host): I have deleted Win 10 from my harddrive. And with Virtualbox I have Win 7 running now. But I cannot get Win 10 installed. Any clue how to proceed? Would appreciate your assistance Daniel 3432
  9. win 10, work very slow.

win 10, work very slow.: after upgrading to window 10, my laptop now work very slow. its 4G , 500HDD. 32 bit, pls what could be the problem 23045
  10. Win -10 very slow

Win -10 very slow: Hi, I tried wins 10 a couple of times, one of which I burnt 10 onto disc, after humming and hawing I decided to put 10 back on and stick with it, for some reason I could not install it from the win 10 preview in updates, the update seemd to download successfully but I could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pcbios.bin

2. slow Virtual Box 6.1 win 7 guest

3. virtualbox slow netowork windows guest